Recharging an electric car

Forum solar photovoltaic PV and solar electricity generation from direct radiation solar energy.
Tyvain
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by Tyvain » 15/06/15, 23:52

The goal is not so much used for something. But rather to prove something.

As the solar plane ... it is useless, but it shows that c is feasible.

Character I do not intend to add via batteries (for all the reasons you gave), I would prefer a direct charge to the car via the panels. I am even convinced that with ideal conditions and a large panel surface, this charge could be fast ...
0 x
I Citro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by I Citro » 16/06/15, 00:54

This is proven for over 25 years.

The sunraycers are now limited in speed because they are deemed too fast.

As told RemundoHe must embark minimum battery and ride the day with solar energy, otherwise we unnecessarily overload the vehicle (divergent spiral).
0 x
Tyvain
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by Tyvain » 16/06/15, 01:32

This is proven with a special car made for that. :x

Not with a series of boiture and a little DIY / investment.
c it is especially the chalenge ... : Idea:
0 x
Remundo

by Remundo » 16/06/15, 08:55

Had to say earlier! : Mrgreen:

In this case you need to design a structure removable / foldable solar panels with inverters for off-grid, or a charging protocol DC / DC and load your toto.

The main hard point will be to adapt the solar source to the charge of the batteries.

Your journey will be very long ... the plan other than solar raviltaillement :P
0 x
I Citro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by I Citro » 16/06/15, 12:45

Yes, if you told us what car you would like to. :?:
0 x
Tyvain
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by Tyvain » 16/06/15, 23:47

Sure I could start with that, I thought possibly to nissan e nv200 (améngée van to sleep in).

What I would like is:

1 / reach compute / size the solar panel 'rollable' necessary.
http://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/P ... 87607.html
Here for example there is a model '136W & 144W Size: 5486 * 394 * 4mm'
40cm wide, it allows to easily align 5 on each side of the roof. So to deploy a dozen easily.

2 / know the material it takes 'between' the panels and the car to load it (an inverter enough?). :|

PS: What do you mean by: "The main hard point will be to adapt the solar source to the battery charge." ??

Goods. 8)
0 x
Remundo

by Remundo » 17/06/15, 00:27

power of an electric vehicle electronics are generally designed to take a pre-programmed amperage on a standardized electrical source.

Or in your case, you'll have a very variable voltage and a variable current as according sunshine etc ...

Furthermore, switching 2 sources DC / DC is not improvised ... especially high voltage.

To impose a charge current to the VE, we need choppers, booster and / or step down, driven by processors ... beyond me far into the details of current technology on the market.

There would be the possibility, "at first glance", of having a sort of inverter for an isolated site, with a minimum battery capable of delivering a few kW, regulated under 220V AC, the standard for slow recharging of EVs.

It is also necessary that the VE accepts without flinching current injections "outside the standards". On old PSA EVs, things go well, on very modern EVs stuffed with security / electronic cookies, I'm reserved ...

In short, you are going to have "something to laugh about" with this project.

@+
0 x
Tyvain
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by Tyvain » 17/06/15, 00:35

Damn it's complicated to charge a battery ...

:|
0 x
I Citro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by I Citro » 18/06/15, 23:50

Well, there is nothing impossible, but the devil is in the details.
One of the main obstacles concerning the financial side of the project.

The choice of e-NV200 defends itself and even if it is a heavy vehicle and little aerodynamic, it opens other interesting perspectives:
- Large cargo volume
- Fast Charge Port
- Electrical architecture known and already "hacked" by the world community of Leaf users
- Possibility to install a trailer hitch designed for thermal release.

As stated above, it is more relevant to load rolling to limit losses.
The use of a trailer lined with solar panels to increase the catchment area, or even to innovate to capture concentration and also an avenue worth exploring.
The land has already been cleared by Louis Palmer and his Solar Taxi.

For the electrical part and how to push solar Amps in battery, different strategies are possible.

Can you tell us more about your project, your technical skills, the skills you surround yourself ...

Many VE expeditions took place in the past, and the French are not the last, as Xavier Chevrin. : Mrgreen:
0 x
Tyvain
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by Tyvain » 19/06/15, 00:15

My project would ralier Perth to Brisbane via Alice Springs in Australia without connecting the VE (solely by solar energy).
No matter how long it takes, the goal would be to get to do a refill / day.

C drive is a very 'safe' with many people who borrows.

Technically I do not know too much. And that's why I posted on the forum.

The total budget for the vehicle + solar charge system would be between 20 and 25 000 euros.

If I understand well what has been said above, a facility for off would be the ideal:
for example this (replacing with flexible panels: http://www.pikenergie.fr/boutique/produ ... roduct=114)

I just find it a shame to have to use intermediaries batteries (that add to the weight), but if c is better, pkoi not ...
0 x