PV project, solar carport + photovoltaic garden shelters!

Forum solar photovoltaic PV and solar electricity generation from direct radiation solar energy.
Christophe

by Christophe » 21/09/09, 11:26

bham wrote:Look Christophe, look at this catalog http://antadr.ssa19.dserver.gs-wd.de/pa ... 009_HP.pdf , there is page 9 (out of 37) of the "lichtdurchlässige Solarmodule" ie semi transparent solar panels which let in the light, that could be nice for your carport.

Seen but productivity is directly related to obscuration! I am not sure that the "transparent" panels are interesting in the case of a carport. For a veranda see pergola is different.

ps: the project is pending administrative ...
0 x
bham
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by bham » 22/09/09, 21:28

Hold on elephant I see that you just posted a few minutes ago; I went to Germany today, they offer azur solar panels made in Germany; do you know ? it seems that they made the biggest PV power plant in Belgium:
http://www.azur-solar.fr/fr/entreprise, ... ar-28.html

Do you know what it's worth?
0 x
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 22/09/09, 22:08

The biggest solar power plant in Belgium ... we are happy for them: it must not be very big. It means, as I know Belgian buyers, that they have made the best prices or that their distributor is friends with the customer.

No idea for the rest.
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be
Remundo

by Remundo » 22/09/09, 22:33

Hey Christophe, with a 6000 m² carport, could you be a garage owner? : Mrgreen:
0 x
bham
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by bham » 23/09/09, 07:33

elephant wrote:No idea for the rest.

Ok thank you for your answer

Christophe wrote:... but productivity is directly linked to darkening!

I do not understand your sentence there, I think that the day that these panels pass by comes from the space between the cells and must therefore not harm production.

Christophe wrote:I am not sure that the "transparent" panels are interesting in the case of a carport. For a veranda see pergola is different.

Ah, I think it can be nice to have light coming from the ceiling, even for a carport.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 23/09/09, 09:57

bham wrote:I do not understand your sentence there, I think that the day that these panels pass by comes from the space between the cells and must therefore not harm production.

From what I read: there are more or less transparent panels producing more or less Watts ... If you want 150W per m², 100% of the light must be absorbed ...

bham wrote:Ah, I think it can be nice to have light coming from the ceiling, even for a carport.

Well a carport is by definition open on at least 1 of the 4 facades and no facade is completely closed so the light is normally sufficient ...
0 x
Remundo

by Remundo » 23/09/09, 14:19

I agree with Christophe 8)
0 x
bham
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by bham » 23/09/09, 14:33

Christophe wrote:
bham wrote:I do not understand your sentence there, I think that the day that these panels pass by comes from the space between the cells and must therefore not harm production.

From what I read: there are more or less transparent panels producing more or less Watts ... If you want 150W per m², 100% of the light must be absorbed ....

In all cases 100% of the light will be absorbed by the cells. The question is then: do the spaces between the cells (especially on monocrystalline panels), which are either opaque or transparent or semi-transparent, do they bring more performance when they are opaque? I'm not sure but maybe a pro can answer us
Christophe wrote:
bham wrote:Ah, I think it can be nice to have light coming from the ceiling, even for a carport.

Well a carport is by definition open on at least 1 of the 4 facades and no facade is completely closed so the light is normally sufficient ...

Yes, well, it's mainly a question of taste, for my part, I love it when there is plenty of natural light.
0 x
Remundo

by Remundo » 23/09/09, 14:57

The thinner the silicon layer, and the smaller the surface, the less electrical power it will have. There is no point in making it either 30 cm, but if the light passes through, it is as if the sand passed between your fingers. : Idea:

Even with a thick layer, little radiation, although it is stopped at 100% is converted into electricity, because these ladies PV cells do not react to infrared, except to stupidly heat, and react badly to UV, because the excess energy of the photon is also degraded into heat.

When you know that at ground level, about 50% of the light power arrives in infrared ... :?
0 x
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 23/09/09, 15:27

The other day I saw prototypes of openwork panels: a plate, a space of 5 cm, a plate.

The idea is then to make a glass roof, veranda style.

Do not forget to exhaust air to limit overheating.
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be