Photovoltaic in the countryside: ecological or not?

Forum solar photovoltaic PV and solar electricity generation from direct radiation solar energy.
eclectron
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Photovoltaic in the countryside: ecological or not?

by eclectron » 23/01/20, 18:07

Exnihiloest wrote:I discover that on the sites of RTL's long wave transmitters, which occupy hectares, large solar parks are built:
https://www.wort.lu/fr/luxembourg/l-ene ... 784e3546e9

That means more darkness beneath their surface, fewer plants, fewer insects ...
If I understand solar on a roof, are we ecologically winning with this practice in the countryside? Is it at least as "ecological" as used by agriculture, where is it to make more money than agriculture with the land knowing that soon the transmitters will probably be closed like those of many other AM stations ?

As long as we accept capitalism, debt money, and therefore short-term financial profitability as the sole "brain" of society, beyond any democracy, beyond any will of the people for a sustainable world, it there is nothing wrong with this practice. : Mrgreen:
Asking a question is not even of any interest, the opinion of the people that we are, being swept away by the determinism of the market to which we submit.
0 x
whatever.
We will try the 3 posts per day max
GuyGadebois
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by GuyGadebois » 23/01/20, 18:15

eclectron wrote:
Exnihiloest wrote:I discover that on the sites of RTL's long wave transmitters, which occupy hectares, large solar parks are built:
https://www.wort.lu/fr/luxembourg/l-ene ... 784e3546e9

That means more darkness beneath their surface, fewer plants, fewer insects ...
If I understand solar on a roof, are we ecologically winning with this practice in the countryside? Is it at least as "ecological" as used by agriculture, where is it to make more money than agriculture with the land knowing that soon the transmitters will probably be closed like those of many other AM stations ?

As long as we accept capitalism, debt money, and therefore short-term financial profitability as the sole "brain" of society, beyond any democracy, beyond any will of the people for a sustainable world, it there is nothing wrong with this practice. : Mrgreen:
Asking a question is not even of any interest, the opinion of the people that we are, being swept away by the determinism of the market to which we submit.

No, but he is right: the ex-graduate puppet, in the shade, fewer plants, fewer insects. Everything happens only in the sun. Shadow is death! So photovoltaics is a green thing for fundamentalists. : roll:
0 x
“It is better to mobilize your intelligence on bullshit than to mobilize your bullshit on intelligent things. (J.Rouxel)
"By definition the cause is the product of the effect". (Tryphion)
"360 / 000 / 0,5 is 100 million and not 72 million" (AVC)
eclectron
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by eclectron » 23/01/20, 20:23

GuyGadebois wrote: So photovoltaics is a green thing for fundamentalists. : roll:

Well that can be discussed. Photovoltaic + heat pump + biogas (intermittent), all for each home. What amount of resources, what amount of energy to produce all this, what sustainability of heat pumps above all.

While a good molten salt thorium power station, sized for 40 or 60 years, indestructible convectors or radiant heaters, you have to see ...
0 x
whatever.
We will try the 3 posts per day max
Exnihiloest
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Exnihiloest » 23/01/20, 20:49

eclectron wrote:...
While a good molten salt thorium power station, sized for 40 or 60 years, indestructible convectors or radiant heaters, you have to see ...

Okay. But without capitalism, which you condemned above, who will pay workers and materials? Can we start a project the size of a thorium power plant without capital?
0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 23/01/20, 20:56

Completely agree, ... hence a choice to be avoided carefully!
0 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."
ENERC
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by ENERC » 23/01/20, 20:59

Can anyone explain to me how light energy could be used both by plants and by solar cells?
There is no longer conservation of energy, does it multiply?

It depends on the plants:
- the salad with very little need of sun,
- a little more light for tomatoes
- as much light as possible for wheat and corn (so no PV above)

I did not expect PV above the vines to be beneficial. It takes sun to produce sugar ... and not only that.

The PV above the vines protects from hail, spring frosts by limiting the radiation on the ground and by protecting the vines from hot weather (it took a hit at 46 ° C last summer)
In PACA test:
https://france3-regions.francetvinfo.fr ... 02624.html

PV test in agriculture as a regulator of microclimatic parameters: http://www.domainedenidoleres.com/Proje ... taique.pdf

When a plant is exposed to too much light, it blocks its photosynthesis to protect itself. There is room to optimize the radiation received and to maximize plant growth.
1 x
plasmanu
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by plasmanu » 23/01/20, 20:59

PV + heat pump + biogas
PV is affordable.
PAC, everyone has a compressor on their fridge freezer: nothing new.
Biogas is a waterproof septic tank No !!!
I have 2 nuclear power plants ready to fart at 30kms as the crow flies, and in the middle there was the earthquake in Teil. So go for thorium, all these unemployed EDF engineers, and overpriced real estate that could collapse
0 x
"Not to see Evil, not to hear Evil, not to speak Evil" 3 little monkeys Mizaru
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sicetaitsimple » 23/01/20, 21:07

Exnihiloest wrote:Okay. But without capitalism, which you condemned above, who will pay workers and materials? Can we start a project the size of a thorium power plant without capital?

There you nitpick! We make debt of course!

Uh, shit, no, it doesn't fit with the Eclectron scheme, debt-money isn't good.

Well I don't know .... Fortunately, we still have a little time to think about it before building a molten salt thorium plant.
0 x
GuyGadebois
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by GuyGadebois » 23/01/20, 21:50

sicetaitsimple wrote:
Exnihiloest wrote:Okay. But without capitalism, which you condemned above, who will pay workers and materials? Can we start a project the size of a thorium power plant without capital?

There you nitpick! We make debt of course!

Uh, shit, no, it doesn't fit with the Eclectron scheme, debt-money isn't good.

Well I don't know .... Fortunately, we still have a little time to think about it before building a molten salt thorium plant.

The capital is there, it's our money, there's only to be used, as EDF, Areva and the CEA have not stopped doing it for decades.
0 x
“It is better to mobilize your intelligence on bullshit than to mobilize your bullshit on intelligent things. (J.Rouxel)
"By definition the cause is the product of the effect". (Tryphion)
"360 / 000 / 0,5 is 100 million and not 72 million" (AVC)
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sicetaitsimple » 23/01/20, 22:17

GuyGadebois wrote:The capital is there, it's our money, there's only to be used, as EDF, Areva and the CEA have not stopped doing it for decades.

I like simple solutions ....
0 x