Photovoltaic direct current hot water production

Forum solar photovoltaic PV and solar electricity generation from direct radiation solar energy.
Evaluation
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

Re: Production of hot water in photovoltaic direct current

by Evaluation » 18/04/20, 09:41

What does the PV ECS give in terms of balance sheet?
0 x
not C
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by not C » 18/04/20, 11:38

The energy balance compared to the solar flux is much lower than what I know compared to a conventional radiative sensor. The balance of energy transfer to the heating tank is good since in this DC mode, there are very few losses by the Joule effect. The financial results are excellent compared to the current cost of solar panels and the rusticity of this type of installation.

I usually don't answer anymore forum given the vulgarity of many stakeholders (not on this thread, however)
0 x
Evaluation
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Evaluation » 18/04/20, 12:00

pasc wrote:The energy balance compared to the solar flux is much lower than what I know compared to a conventional radiative sensor. The balance of energy transfer to the heating tank is good since in this DC mode, there are very few losses by the Joule effect. The financial results are excellent compared to the current cost of solar panels and the rusticity of this type of installation.

I usually don't answer anymore forum given the vulgarity of many stakeholders (not on this thread, however)

Thank you for the answer.
I would have liked to know if the PV manages to cover the DHW needs in winter or if not in what proportion and what complement do you use?
A ladle suits me well.
And what peak power is installed for a balloon of how many liters?
0 x
not C
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by not C » 18/04/20, 13:33

For direct current supply, I have 6 panels of 270 W mounted in 2 * 3. They are mounted on the ground in a configuration primarily intended for electrical tests. I have a very unfavorable exposure with a lot of shading. So difficult to extrapolate to a better exposed configuration. However, to put it simply, apart from the period December 1 to January 30, I only use sunscreen for the shower. The cumulus contains 30 liters of hot water (then added cold water). The distribution is completely independent of the gas sanitary water. The gas bill has melted. I am now working on alternative electrical consumption for the supply of refrigerators and freezers.
0 x
Evaluation
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Evaluation » 18/04/20, 13:57

pasc wrote:For direct current supply, I have 6 panels of 270 W mounted in 2 * 3. They are mounted on the ground in a configuration primarily intended for electrical tests. I have a very unfavorable exposure with a lot of shading. So difficult to extrapolate to a better exposed configuration. However, to put it simply, apart from the period December 1 to January 30, I only use sunscreen for the shower. The cumulus contains 30 liters of hot water (then added cold water). The distribution is completely independent of the gas sanitary water. The gas bill has melted. I am now working on alternative electrical consumption for the supply of refrigerators and freezers.

I am not familiar with solar terminologies.
2 * 3, does this mean 2 groups in parallel of 3 panels in series?
It's a good result, it all depends on the region, I imagine.
By cons 30l it seems to me little for a family? it all depends on the number of people and the storage temperature or on the ability to take an almost cold shower : Wink:
0 x
not C
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by not C » 18/04/20, 14:21

Yes that's correct, in fact out of the two, I often have one of the groups that goes into the shade. 30 liters this corresponds to the place I had to house the cumulus. For a family with children, it is too fair indeed, but we should not seek 100% autonomy either, especially in winter, just a saving. In practice 30 liters makes 50 liters of hot water so 5 minutes of shower at 10l / minute. The problem is not cold water but rather hot water, it is better to provide a thermostatically controlled mixer (which I did not do) to avoid burns. I'm in Toulouse, a lot of fog in winter on the Garonne, some places are more favorable for sure.
0 x
Evaluation
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Evaluation » 18/04/20, 16:06

The economy is what would also motivate me.
PV is interesting because you can easily move the sensors over a good distance at the lowest cost and without significant energy loss.

The idea of ​​63fa, to preheat the city water in another balloon, before the main balloon is also interesting.
In my opinion, this leads to better optimization of the solar energy collected.

I saw that you were talking about a generator, what is it used for? you are in an isolated site?
0 x
not C
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by not C » 18/04/20, 16:36

No, it is used to switch consumption on panels when the sun is shining.
0 x
Evaluation
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Evaluation » 18/04/20, 17:32

pasc wrote:No, it is used to switch consumption on panels when the sun is shining.

"he", the DHW tank? not clear...
Is the generator set safe in the event of an EDF cut?

I ask a lot of questions because I am looking for inspiration to increase autonomy in my home.
On Dijon, I also have fog because of the Saône and the gold rating which blocks everything.
0 x
not C
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by not C » 18/04/20, 17:57

No the DHW tank is supplied with direct current. I have a second solar network with other panels, connected to the inverter that I have developed, which disconnects certain devices from the EDF network and supplies them with alternating power when the sun is present.
0 x