Hybrid storage of PV electricity

Forum solar photovoltaic PV and solar electricity generation from direct radiation solar energy.
Yveco
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Hybrid storage of PV electricity

by Yveco » 15/03/21, 00:35

Hello everybody

I wonder what would be the efficiency of a following installation, in domestic self-consumption: PV panels produce current which must be consumed immediately. One storage possibility is the production of DHW.

Another possibility would be gravity storage by elevating a mass, like concrete blocks in a tower system used by a startup. But if instead of using concrete good old heavy lead batteries were used, they would be elevated or charged during the day and produced by gravity on descent, on demand or discharge at night or in case of bad weather. Knowing that the height would be limited to only a few meters.

To your calculators!
Yveco
0 x
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Hybrid storage of PV electricity

by izentrop » 15/03/21, 01:23

Yveco wrote:PV panels produce current that must be consumed immediately. One storage possibility is the production of DHW.
Thermal panels are more effective for this.
Yveco wrote:To your calculators!
It's up to you to provide us with the figures. You will see that the potential gravity energy imposes enormous masses difficult to make profitable.
0 x
phil59
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by phil59 » 04/07/21, 15:29

For sanitary production, I saw that some took an electric cumulus, rewind the resistance with wire, a panel, nothing else, and roll my hen.

As for the real storage, it is more complicated.

With wind turbines, "EDF" could make hydrogen ... and re-inject into town gas, at first, weakly, then much more.

THE pb, the devices should change their burners, their jets ....

For the house, to have an EV, and to have something to do in part with V2H ....
0 x
hmmmmm, hmmmmmmmmmmmmm, hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmm, huh, hmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

: Oops: : Cry: :( : Shock:
OlivierD
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by OlivierD » 01/12/21, 03:58

Hello
to use the surplus without injecting, there are routers .... see on the forum photovoltaic, for example that of tignous ...

if not for the masses in fact E = mgh, and therefore lowering 100 kg from 10 meters in height gives us ... 3 Wh ... which amounts to saying that when you go up a floor (80 kg over 3 meters), you spend a little less than half a Wh ...
I will do it anyway for tests in the elevator shaft, depending on the space that will remain once installed ... For the moment, my production is too low, and the router does not run much, but I I still injected 10 kW since June 5 ...
the 700W kit erases the background noise well, the year 2022 will be devoted to insulation, and I will resume the PV then ...

In fact, the goal would be to lower my weight for say 5 minutes and power a micro inverter with it.

Olivier
0 x
700W of PV in autoconso with tignous router ...
Permaculture cannot be improvised in 15 days, let's listen to Arthur Keller, and let's not forget to vote for the program that best defends our interests!
ABC2019
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by ABC2019 » 01/12/21, 06:50

olivierd wrote:Hello
to use the surplus without injecting, there are routers .... see on the forum photovoltaic, for example that of tignous ...

if not for the masses in fact E = mgh, and therefore lowering 100 kg from 10 meters in height gives us ... 3 Wh ... which amounts to saying that when you go up a floor (80 kg over 3 meters), you spend a little less than half a Wh ...
I will do it anyway for tests in the elevator shaft, depending on the space that will remain once installed ... For the moment, my production is too low, and the router does not run much, but I I still injected 10 kW since June 5 ...
the 700W kit erases the background noise well, the year 2022 will be devoted to insulation, and I will resume the PV then ...

In fact, the goal would be to lower my weight for say 5 minutes and power a micro inverter with it.

Olivier

roughly the autonomy will be comparable to the charging time, that is to say surely not much.
The only gravity system that works more or less well are the WWTPs (mountain water reservoirs) where we have enormous volumes.
1 x
To pass for an idiot in the eyes of a fool is a gourmet pleasure. (Georges COURTELINE)

Mééé denies nui went to parties with 200 people and was not even sick moiiiiiii (Guignol des bois)
OlivierD
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by OlivierD » 01/12/21, 23:19

Bonsoir
In fact, I think (and I hope) that we can store a little in a mass which goes up and down, we can do it several times a day, it is enough to increase in case of overproduction and to go down when we consume more , for example, in 2 minutes as soon as the consumption is higher ... you just need to have an MO that is triggered quickly .... I will do practical tests in the elevator shaft (when it will be installed, because I do not do not know what space I will have, H = 10 meters ....
3Wh, that's 100W for about a minute and a half, right? that's always it

Olivier
0 x
700W of PV in autoconso with tignous router ...
Permaculture cannot be improvised in 15 days, let's listen to Arthur Keller, and let's not forget to vote for the program that best defends our interests!