Ceramic oven and pantone system?

Forum solar photovoltaic PV and solar electricity generation from direct radiation solar energy.
FILDET
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Ceramic oven and pantone system?

by FILDET » 02/01/20, 21:49

Hello,
ceramics is a very old and exciting activity, BUT, ... a large consumer of energy (cooking).
I am looking for a way to make this activity much less polluting by using H2O in addition (or replacement) to gas or fuel.
In addition, I acquired a Multiplaz 75 welding machine which uses water and electricity to give a superb dart for cutting / welding steel and quite a few other materials. This allows me to think that we must be able to design a gas or diesel burner, with the addition of processed / cracked / vaporized water (I do not know which term to use because which technology to implement).
Does anyone have an idea, or better experience, regarding this challenge?
To read whoever it would interest.
0 x
GuyGadebois
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: ceramic oven and pantone system

by GuyGadebois » 02/01/20, 22:41

Here is the diagram of what I have on my car:
To compensate for the fact that your oven, unlike a car, does not suck air in the same way, it would be enough to put the water tank above it to have a gravitational effect (coupled to a tap to regulate the flow) which would allow the water to heat in a copper coil placed at the exhaust of the said oven and then re-inject everything at the air inlet to have the desired effect (I do not know if I'm clear).
For that, it would be necessary to pierce the exhaust on one side '(water injection) then on the other (horizontally) for the exhaust of the micronized vapor, all connected by high temperature silicone tubes.
0 x
“It is better to mobilize your intelligence on bullshit than to mobilize your bullshit on intelligent things. (J.Rouxel)
"By definition the cause is the product of the effect". (Tryphion)
"360 / 000 / 0,5 is 100 million and not 72 million" (AVC)
Flytox

by Flytox » 03/01/20, 00:01

Welcome Fildeter.

FILDETER wrote:Hello,
ceramics is a very old and exciting activity, BUT, ... a large consumer of energy (cooking).
I am looking for a way to make this activity much less polluting by using H2O in addition (or replacement) to gas or fuel.
In addition, I acquired a Multiplaz 75 welding machine which uses water and electricity to give a superb dart for cutting / welding steel and quite a few other materials. This allows me to think that we must be able to design a gas or diesel burner, with the addition of processed / cracked / vaporized water (I do not know which term to use because which technology to implement).
Does anyone have an idea, or better experience, regarding this challenge?
To read whoever it would interest.

Water will not replace gas or fuel, its addition will just allow more complete combustion (with fuel for sure) and less polluting.
The oven is going to be used "continuously" with no constant power changes like on a vehicle I guess. This should greatly simplify the focus.
Chai more or is the link, but there are heavy fuel oil burners or the addition of water in the fuel allows to obtain a better performance, less pollution .... and a much shorter flame. So you have to study the consequence / compatibility with your oven.
AMHA The gas burns not too bad, the gains to be expected will not be very spectacular.

For GuyGadebois, your idea is attractive, it might also be necessary to decorrelate the height of water in the water tank with the steam flow / fleet. (try to make an adjustable but constant production).
0 x
Reason is the madness of the strongest. The reason for the less strong it is madness.
[Eugène Ionesco]
http://www.editions-harmattan.fr/index. ... te&no=4132
GuyGadebois
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by GuyGadebois » 03/01/20, 13:08

Flytox wrote:For GuyGadebois, your idea is attractive, it might also be necessary to decorrelate the height of water in the water tank with the steam flow / fleet. (try to make an adjustable but constant production).

I thought of putting a valve or a tap or even nozzles for "drip" watering (there are some at different flow rates) in order to regulate the thing.
https://www.pompes-direct.com/arrosage/ ... index.html
0 x
“It is better to mobilize your intelligence on bullshit than to mobilize your bullshit on intelligent things. (J.Rouxel)
FILDET
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by FILDET » 03/01/20, 20:15

Thank you both for considering and answering my question.
What reassures me is that the idea does not seem absurd to you, but rather achievable.
So I'm going to search in the given direction.
The exhaust of an oven is a chimney in general and its intake, a burner, whatever the fuel used (except wood, in which case it is an alandier). I don't have this oven yet, but I'm thinking about its construction. The same goes for a friend.
I have read in old books that it was recommended to spray water, in ceramic furnaces fueled with coal. But at high temperature (> 1000 ° C).
The big difference with a heat engine is the availability of significant heat in the chimney. But also that the temperatures in play are very high, therefore a significant risk of corrosion, even of fusion, if metal is used ...
In any case, thank you again.
0 x
GuyGadebois
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by GuyGadebois » 03/01/20, 21:55

FILDETER wrote: But at high temperature (> 1000 ° C).
The big difference with a heat engine is the availability of significant heat in the chimney. But also that the temperatures in play are very high, therefore a significant risk of corrosion, even of fusion, if metal is used ...
In any case, thank you again.

Hence the importance of properly placing the copper "coil". After if you have the means, the coil can be platinum ... I'm kidding.
0 x