PV: centralized inverter or micro-inverter?

Forum solar photovoltaic PV and solar electricity generation from direct radiation solar energy.
phil59
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: PV: centralized inverter or micro-inverter?

by phil59 » 01/08/22, 19:57

There is always a pricing discussion to be had.

And you always have a few things.

There the price is reasonable, but there is reason to discuss the price, and especially to have the paperwork.

If we make you more than 10-15%, it's often that we got a little ripped off at the start, unless you know the real starting price.

If I get a 30% discount quickly, it's goodbye.
It's probably a bad deal.
0 x
hmmmmm, hmmmmmmmmmmmmm, hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmm, huh, hmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

: Oops: : Cry: :( : Shock:
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sicetaitsimple » 01/08/22, 20:12

Of course! I may have misspoken, an estimate must be specified, discussed and negotiated!

My remark was just aimed at saying that we cannot demand a guarantee on a turnkey installation without the installer (who becomes in fact the supplier of the equipment) covering himself against the risks of malfunctioning of the equipment to which he cannot nothing.
0 x
phil59
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by phil59 » 01/08/22, 20:45

But I agree with you!

IQ7+ is ok gear.

The panels, perhaps the supplier does not yet know the brand, depending on the market.

IQ7+ is less than 150th piece, and seeing the "panel" (panels : Lol: ) what it is.

Then you have the support, the security....

MOIJE thinks that 500€ of negotiation is largely doable, without worries, but with all the papers.

Also consult the chamber of trades to see the reputation of the installer...
0 x
hmmmmm, hmmmmmmmmmmmmm, hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmm, huh, hmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

dede2002
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by dede2002 » 17/08/22, 14:03

Hello everybody

For the question, there is a parameter that has not been estimated, it is the risk of fire. With a centralized inverter, in the event of a glitch (arc or short circuit) the "firepower" is stronger, with micro-inverters there is only one string that burns. :?:
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 17/08/22, 14:22

Okay as an argument: how many inverters catch fire every year? : Shock: : Shock: : Shock:

As with electric cars, outdated 20th century lobbies would publicize the thing... : Mrgreen:
0 x
phil59
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by phil59 » 17/08/22, 15:05

The rare fires, generally, it's not the inverter generally, it's the panels ....

If occaz, to see the first assembly, disassembly, and reassembly;, and storage. The panels can be damaged, and potential mini course juice ...

This is why I stay in the garden, even if there is a fire, in the middle of a good 2000 m2, with little risk.

But 15-20 years ago, I thought that going from 6mm2, I had planned wide, but with the distance, it's only about 3 kW possible, and I also have a 2.5 to pass , and there, I didn't even look .... but it will probably be around 1 kW ... but at the time, all I wanted was to have juice available, lighting , and possibly plugging in tools...that's it.
0 x

dede2002
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by dede2002 » 18/08/22, 09:22

It's rare, but it's already happened several times in Geneva. I said that not thinking of those who do their own installation.
In any case, direct current is more dangerous than alternating current, the connections must be absolutely reliable.

https://www.tdg.ch/la-securite-de-la-ce ... 1992475108
1 x