Everything you need to know about photovoltaics in France

Forum solar photovoltaic PV and solar electricity generation from direct radiation solar energy.
Remundo

Re: Everything you need to know about photovoltaics in France

by Remundo » 11/12/20, 00:00

yes, contracts at 60 ct € still exist and last 20 years from their signature. I have only one like that connected in 2009 and which runs until 2029.

We pay subscriptions and taxes to access the network, I even financed a 20 m trench to draw three-phase to my barn ... line extension that does not belong to me ...

Not all beneficial therefore.
0 x
moinsdewatt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by moinsdewatt » 04/02/21, 01:28

EDF launches its first floating photovoltaic solar power plant in France

AFP published on 03 Feb 2021

EDF announced on Wednesday the launch of the construction of a floating photovoltaic power plant on a water reservoir in Hautes-Alpes, the first project of this type in France for the electrician.

"Located on the water reservoir of the Lazer hydroelectric plant, the floating solar power plant will cover an area of ​​24,5 hectares, covering approximately two-thirds of the surface of the water reservoir, for a capacity production of 20 MW ", detailed in a press release EDF Renouvelables, a subsidiary of EDF.

It should be commissioned in spring 2022 and produce the equivalent of the annual electricity consumption of 12 inhabitants, the equivalent of what is already produced by the Lazer hydroelectric plant.

EDF notes that this project is part of both solar development objectives in France and its own "solar plan". EDF aims to become one of the leaders in the sector in France, with a 30% market share by 2035.

While this is a first for EDF in France, the plant will not be the first of this type in the country. The floating solar power plant in Piolenc (Vaucluse), operated by the Akuo Energy company, had thus started producing in 2019. With a capacity of 17 MW, it is installed on the water of a former quarry.

https://www.connaissancedesenergies.org ... nce-210203
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 04/02/21, 10:31

Christophe wrote:
You did not answer: how much do you pay to use your street ?

I skip the last sentence, which makes me bristle - why insult when you don't agree ???????????????? It becomes pathetic when, moreover, we claim to be hunting trolls ... I endure less and less these behaviors which are similar to the little guys at the back of the playground. Yes, I am becoming an old jerk !!! [I take you out of speed]

Your question has a simple answer: it's called taxes, fees and charges! For roads, this "justifies" in particular the taxation of fuels.

No "free" infrastructure has been done for free - I'm talking about what has been done recently [in the old days, the lords had the chores; people having no money and not trading enough - to tax, someone has to buy something and someone else sell - it was easier to ask for "tax in kind" = free work; well, there was the tax on salt, which we could not do without and which is not found as soon as we move away from the sea; so there was a way to tax and they did not deny it! This tax was called the gabelle, and customs officers responsible for monitoring traffic were called gabelous - a word still sometimes used in slang, for customs].

So either it is financed by the "common pot", in which a lot of taxes go: state budget, budget of Regions, departments, municipalities, etc ... Assises on many things: income, property, land, trade - see the Tax Code, the imagination has never wavered (there are even taxes on taxes). The more we are "addicted" and the more it is taxed: fuels, legal drugs (alcohol, tobacco) ...

Either it's funded by what's called "earmarked taxes" - they're only used for one thing. In the water bill, there are taxes for purification, for the development of networks, to renew the pipes, to do other boreholes. And even a solidarity fund that allowed poor municipalities to have access to water, financed by the rich who had had it for a century. There were attempts at "civilization" before frenzied individualism reigned again. It was called the "common good".

Finally, in France, there is no retroactivity of a law or regulation. It would immediately be overturned by the administrative courts. Remember when Ségolène Royal had "blocked" electricity prices when the law provided that it was the commission thing-thing that set it independently. She had just forgotten this detail, the lady ... The time for justice to act, and there were increases to compensate (but the government had changed).

60 cts contracts are always honored. But of course, the new ones are much less favorable (and this is logical given the drop in the cost of installations; also given that we are starting to see the drawbacks of excessive solar production! So change policy n is not necessarily stupid when the situation changes !!!).

[But even in France, there are subtleties: it is for example legal to change the income tax system; and for example, it is legal to change the tax regime for income from a PV installation, change income thresholds below which one was exempt - just as taxes paid by companies can go down or up depending on the policy - except, here again, for exemptions guaranteed by "contracts" - if one explicitly exempts a given company for 5 years in a given zone to attract it, it is an acquired right]
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 04/02/21, 10:50

Did67 wrote:I skip the last sentence, which makes me bristle - why insult when you don't agree ????????????????

I answer because it's you ... I think you did not follow everything and you are also the first to speak candidly to your detractors ... am I wrong?

Perhaps because he is cumbersome and that at one point the insult is deserved (note that it is conditional ah ah ah).
Maybe because he is on purpose to be crap and at that moment, the insult is deserved ...
Maybe because the case touches me personally, how would you react how if after having invested (fortunately, a few thousand €) we changed the rules which make that the profitability of this investment is divided by 3? It is called a state scam, theft ... it is criminal especially since it is for the "planet" (a small installation of 3kW is 150 km of CO000 equivalent saved)

France still has this respect for its fellow citizens, Belgium did not like it with the retroactive taxes !! Those who defend the scam are tocards, since he spoke only of the Belgian case of the meter which turns upside down to justify this new tax ... while carefully omitting that physically every grid-connected PV system in the world is the same! It buffers on the network in over production and uses it in under production! So hard to figure out where covid ruined your brain?

If EDF were to divide the price of the kWh PV purchased without summation or condition by 3, for ALL the existing installations and the contracts signed, what would happen (answer the PV ruin)? Would you find that "normal" and honest? Would the prosumer be happy? Yet this is exactly what happens with the Belgian prosumer tax defended by a jerk! A jerk who undoubtedly has interests in electricians ...

So this is more of the conditional : Mrgreen: Let it bristle you, but the bristle is justified! : Cheesy:

For the rest, if taxes were sufficient, why do we have a public debt of more than 100% of GDP? Mouaaaaihhhhh : Cheesy: : Cheesy: : Cheesy: So of course not that we do not pay the real price of using public goods ... and especially not with taxes ...

ps: I am not against a contribution from prosumer to the use of the network but it must be reasonable ... it is NOT !! A contribution which represents 60% of my AVANT PV bill is not reasonable, it is racketeering! It is 10 times too high ... On other installations (in particular the one with several tens of thousands of € initial investment), of greater power, this tax can rise to 1500 € just to have the "right" to inject a few MWh per year, the MWh at the market price is roughly € 50 ... Add the amortization of the installation and its maintenance and you have a good negative investment ...

How much do you pay for electricity TOI per year? Probably less than 1500 € ... and you invested 0.0 in the PV (to my knowledge) ... imagine that you invested 8000 € 2 years ago in an installation to erase your invoice and that the State would tax it now at 1500 € per year and that would make its amortization impossible ... would you be happy to pay to contribute to the public good or would you ... bristle?

Think about it before making hasty judgments ...
1 x
moinsdewatt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by moinsdewatt » 06/02/21, 11:31

EDF Renouvelables launches construction of its first floating power plant in France
This project, initiated in 2017, provides for the installation of a 20 MWp photovoltaic plant on the water reservoir of the Lazer hydroelectric plant in order to double its production. The work will last 13 months.

FEBRUARY 3, 2021 GWÉNAËLLE STANDING UP

Photo montage of the future floating power station of Lazer.
Photo: EDF Renewables

Initiated in 2017, the Lazer project was the subject of a dialogue with the territory. Numerous technical and environmental studies have been carried out to ensure the preservation of the site's biodiversity and the continuity of electricity production from the Lazer hydroelectric plant. Construction is now starting with the realization of geotechnical studies to probe the bottom of the reservoir. The installation of the anchors necessary for the installation of the floating panels will be carried out in spring 2021 and will be followed by the installation of the floats and the photovoltaic panels. Still according to the group, the work will mobilize 40 people on the site for a period of 13 months.

https://www.pv-magazine.fr/2021/02/03/e ... en-france/

it is in the Hautes Alpes.
1 x
moinsdewatt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by moinsdewatt » 06/02/21, 12:02

Sun'R Power is commissioning the 2nd tranche of the Cambrai-Niergnies wind farm (25,3 MWp)
Sun'R Power, an independent French photovoltaic player, has just announced the commissioning of the second phase of the Cambrai-Niergnies photovoltaic park, located on the former NATO base in Cambrai.

JANUARY 25, 2021 JOËL SPAES

The site's first power plant commissioned in 2018. Photo: Sun'R

This is the penultimate step of this flagship project for the development of solar energy in the North, specifies the developer. The park will be fully operational by the end of the first half of 2021 and will then produce the equivalent of the electricity consumption of more than 27 homes, according to Sun'R Power.

The project is managed by Sun'R Power which specifies that it is developing solar energy installations on brownfields or industrial buildings, degraded sites or even agricultural buildings, with the ambition of never contributing to the artificialization of land cultivable.

This photovoltaic park is located in the towns of Niergnies and Seranvillers-forumsville. The second tranche, known as CAM 2, will inject 25,3 MWp into the public electricity network, ie the equivalent of the electricity consumption of more than 11 households. It also required major decontamination and demining of pyrotechnic devices, vestiges of the site's military past, specifies Sun'R Power in a press release to this effect.

Ultimately, the plant will produce 60 MWp which will be injected into the public electricity network. In addition to the challenges linked to the site's decontamination, Sun'R Power also had to deal with the shortage of connection stations to the RTE network. Last October, the company therefore signed a partnership with the neighboring wind farm, developed by Boralex, to create a mixed solar / wind connection, a first in France.

“We are delighted to see this ambitious Cambrai project come to life. It will be an example of what the French photovoltaic sector is capable of achieving to enable the reclamation of declassified land without contributing to the artificialization of soils, particularly agricultural, ”declares Antoine Nogier, president and founder of the Sun'R group, in the press release.

https://www.pv-magazine.fr/2021/01/25/s ... s-253-mwc/

When I was a kid I saw Mirages passing by and coming from Cambrai air base.
1 x
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sicetaitsimple » 06/02/21, 18:58

Christophe wrote:How much do you pay for electricity TOI per year? Probably less than 1500 € ... and you invested 0.0 in the PV (to my knowledge) ... imagine that you invested 8000 € 2 years ago in an installation to erase your invoice and that the State would tax it now at 1500 € per year and that would make its amortization impossible ... would you be happy to pay to contribute to the public good or would you ... bristle?

The messsage was a response to Did67, but I was repeatedly called a "jerk".
You can call me a jerk, it doesn't make me hot or cold ...
On the other hand, dishonestly mixing up all the numbers harms your argument ...
Because if you talk about your installation of 3kWp I believe, which came back to you at around € 8000, it is not € 1500 that you will have to pay but less than € 300 / year.
And even the largest installations eligible for the "meter which runs backwards", 10kWp, will pay less than 1000 € / year.

The prices (in € / kW per year) are there:

table-prosumer.jpg
tableau-prosumer.jpg (53.43 KiB) Viewed 2062 times
0 x
Remundo

by Remundo » 06/02/21, 19:17

ah ah ah for a laugh .... : Mrgreen:

1 x
moinsdewatt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by moinsdewatt » 15/02/21, 23:27

Electricity from renewable sources: Orange signs a contract with Engie

AFP published on 15 Feb 2021

Orange has signed a contract with Engie to develop its renewable electricity supply, including the creation of new solar capacities, the two groups announced on Monday.

Signed for 15 years, this electricity purchase contract (known as the "Corporate Power Purchase Agreement" or "Corporate PPA") should allow the development of two 51 MWp solar parks in the Hautes-Alpes, in the municipalities of L'Epine (38 MWp) and Ribeyret (13 MWp). Their entry into service is scheduled for January 2023 at the latest.

The agreement also includes production management for all renewable capacities contracted by Orange from other producers. For example, in July 2020, Orange announced a contract with Boralex to directly supply electricity from this wind energy producer. Engie will also have to supply additional volumes of electricity to meet Orange's actual consumption.

"Orange's ambition for 2025 is to reduce its direct CO30 emissions by 2% compared to 2015 and to achieve 50% renewable energies in its electricity mix," said Fabienne Dulac, Deputy Managing Director of Orange and CEO of Orange France, cited in the press release. "The signing of our agreement with Engie (...) testifies to our desire to be a major player in PPAs in France", she added.

These "corporate PPA" -type contracts, between renewable producers and companies from various sectors, have been developing strongly in France for two years.

https://www.connaissancedesenergies.org ... gie-210215
0 x