Photovoltaics: manufacture its solar panel!

Forum solar photovoltaic PV and solar electricity generation from direct radiation solar energy.
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 09/11/10, 09:41

Register:

look at the Germans and the Belgians

Bof, it is a story of big money and bad governance (in Belgium) Moreover, finished the premium of the Walloon Region, there is more than the tax credit and green certificates.

On the other hand, as you can install in raised installation in a more competitive context, it is cheaper.
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be
louya090
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by louya090 » 03/07/15, 08:58

Hello, this is an interesting initiative.
0 x
rirto
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

re

by rirto » 06/10/15, 22:22

A solar panel can be photovoltaic (semiconductor) or thermal.
The first produces electricity directly with a yield of around 15% for vouchers.
The second, associated with a thermodynamic machine driving an electric machine can produce electricity with a yield of the same order of idea (if it is very well designed).

The first implements elements the size of the atom, the second implements elements that can be machined on the corner of the table or almost.

The first therefore implements processes amounting to (tens of) million euros, the second can be carried out by a good mechanical workshop.

The yield, in fact, we don't care a bit, it's the cost of the installed watt that counts.

By the way, if you prefer a steam engine instead of stirling, it's also possible ...
0 x
Gaston
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Gaston » 07/10/15, 10:58

Digging up a record subject, just to place a link :frown:
0 x
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Photovoltaic: make your solar panel!

by izentrop » 08/03/16, 09:37

Hello,
I took up this subject which corresponds to what I want to do but which does not really talk about it (I admit not having read the 14 pages : Oops: ).

I plan to buy solar cells and make my panels. It is much cheaper than buying them ready-made.
I hope to find here the experiences of econologists who have already carried out this type of project.

Already have the right addresses for the cells. On Ebay, there is indeed a proposal for bosch cells which cost less than 0.2 € per Watt, supposedly of German manufacture, but with the reference we come across a Chinese manufacture. I have doubts about the quality.
Or also find the support panels and the plexiglass. Aluminum is not given.

Like tutorial, I found this: https://www.econologie.info/share/partag ... EI0XMr.pdf
http://www.rhaaa.fr/diy-faire-son-panne ... ire-maison
And other interesting information here http://www.eco-energie.ch/cms2/index.ph ... ue?start=4
0 x
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 16/04/17, 10:33

that's what scares me to buy cells on eBay ... I'm afraid they sell the scraps whose quality is not good for mounting in the panels ... the handyman who mount their panel them not even have the means to complain if the lifespan is too short

perfect cleanliness is essential to obtain a good service life, the slightest pollution causes time-out breakdowns ... the real panel manufacturer assembles in clean rooms

another problem: sorting the cells according to the output when they are mounted in series ... otherwise it is the cell with the lowest yield which makes the performance of the whole panel and the best performance of the others is completely useless

the advantage of mounting the cells or even making all the connections accessible to allow modification of wiring in the event of a cell failure or defect
0 x
lilian07
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by lilian07 » 16/04/17, 21:03

how much does one gain when one assembles a panel is same?
0 x
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 17/04/17, 11:00

for those who follow the book given in the previous message there is more to lose than to gain!
https://www.econologie.info/share/partag ... EI0XMr.pdf

they completely forget to say that there must be a transparent material between the glass and the cells! otherwise there is 3 loss of light by reflection instead of one

normal panel: a single reflection loss when entering the glass ... no loss when leaving the glass or entering the cell thanks to the transparent resin having a coefficient of refraction close to glass and silicon

another advantage of the transparent resin: good thermal contact with the glass therefore avoids the greenhouse effect and avoids overheating

with cells under glass without resin we can expect the worst, especially with the plywood back which will not cool either: the heating will be such that it will not be a simple drop in yield but a reduction in lifetime

another big mistake! use silicone without specifying that the most common silicone releases acetic acid when drying: which is a massacre for electronics: corrosion everywhere ... it is necessary to use special silcone without acid: it exists is hardly more expensive but you have to know it

Another shortcoming of this book: you do not have to increase the number of cells to make 12 V without protection diode

if a cell is in the shade it refuses to let the current of the others pass, it predates the 12v produced by the others and grates instantly: it is therefore necessary to share a 12v panel in 2 groups with bypass diode: if a cell is in the shade it does not oppose the tension of all the panel but just of its group, and the panel supports without risk to put a cell in the shade

for 24 v panels we see 4 groups with 4 diodes

it can be ordinary diodes: no need for schotky, since these diodes are useless in normal operation

another advantage of these diodes: in the case of a cell shadow, only the power of a group is lost instead of losing the total power

for an amateur manufacture one could afford the luxury of a diode per cell: thus a shadow on a single cell would make a lower power loss than with a diode per group

and I don't know everything about cell manufacturing yet, but I especially know that manufacturing in any way without knowing will be wasteful
0 x
ENERC
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by ENERC » 17/04/17, 17:24

I had made solar panels a few years ago and they are all dead: moisture infiltration which corrodes the connections, thermal expansion (cracks), hail resistance, etc., etc.
The only thing that works is for indoor use. There remains the playful aspect.
At 160 € the 260W panel, why not buy it?
We must try to regroup because on small quantities transport costs proportionally expensive.

When will there be signs in DIY areas? In the shopping cart and Hop!
0 x
lilian07
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by lilian07 » 18/04/17, 08:13

Given the quality of construction to be achieved, it is therefore certainly preferable to abstain.
If the gain is also not significant then it is more for the "fun" aspect.
I found very cheap and new PV which seems to me to be the best option.
210W = 68 euros (polycrystalline) but there is something for everyone.

https://www.leboncoin.fr/bricolage/1110 ... htm?ca=2_s

From this price the PV competes with the thermal to make thermal ....
0 x