1 or 2 solar strings?

Forum solar photovoltaic PV and solar electricity generation from direct radiation solar energy.
Christophe

Re: 1 or 2 solar strings?

by Christophe » 18/09/19, 19:43

sicetaitsimple wrote:And Linky is bidirectional from the beginning.

And also remotely controlled: so ENEDIS could authorize or prohibit injection "as it wants" ... what a joke!

So if there is too much solar GW injected: hop cut everything and too bad for the profitability of people ... : Cheesy:
0 x
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sicetaitsimple » 18/09/19, 20:22

Christophe wrote:It does not prevent my installation in 1 / 2 auto installation I could never have done in France because:
a) I should have added 25% more for the double counter ...
b) certainly 50% more for the compulsory integration with the roof ...
c) all with a profitability 2 times less with a kWh at 15 cents ...
In short I would have had a ROI of, at best, 10-12 years (VS less than 4 years ...) and this as all French ...

This proves that with the "counter running backwards", the system as it exists in Belgium only hides the dust under the carpet, because it is unlikely that PV in Belgium is intrinsically more "profitable" (in the sense of the community) than in France or Germany. In Germany, the EEG surcharge (support for renewables) is around 65 € / MWh consumed.

In short, there is someone who pays for your virtual storage amounting to 400kWh today according to what you told us.

And there is especially someone who pays for the existence and the use of the network, which you hope to have reduced your personal cost to zero when you use it 24h / 24, that you inject or that you withdraw.

Well, it's like that in Belgium, you'd be wrong not to enjoy it, is it a sustainable model, it seems less safe.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 18/09/19, 20:28

To come back to the Solax inverter: it has just cut off 2-3 minutes ago and the solar voltage was 122V DC just before the cutoff ... so neither 100 nor 150 V CC : Cheesy:

He was still injecting ... a little 4W ... : Cheesy:

The Sun officially went down at 19h46 today.
0 x
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sicetaitsimple » 18/09/19, 20:42

Christophe wrote:
sicetaitsimple wrote:And Linky is bidirectional from the beginning.

And also remotely controlled: so ENEDIS could authorize or prohibit injection "as it wants" ... what a joke!

So if there is too much solar GW injected: hop cut everything and too bad for the profitability of people ... : Cheesy:

To my knowledge, it is not possible to "cut" the injection alone. It is possible to cut everything (injections and withdrawals), which is just a prophylactic measure in the event of a blackout during a network reconstitution. In this somewhat extreme case, the uncontrolled reconnection of random PV or wind-powered means is not to be desired, it must be controlled.
But finally, if you have examples of PV installations voluntarily cut via Linky, I'm interested.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 18/09/19, 20:44

sicetaitsimple wrote:In short, there is someone who pays for your virtual storage amounting to 400kWh today according to what you told us.

And there is especially someone who pays for the existence and the use of the network, which you hope to have reduced your personal cost to zero when you use it 24h / 24, that you inject or that you withdraw.

Well, it's like that in Belgium, you'd be wrong not to enjoy it, is it a sustainable model, it seems less safe.

Sorry but I think you completely unlock there: all solar systems in the world connected to the network work the same, it is not at all specific to Belgium and the meter turns upside down! All use the surplus produced in virtual buffering in the network ... So what?

In France some (most) small PV plants are still subsidized at around 650 € MWh (65 cents per kWh) !! I think it's slightly more expensive than using the network ...

Then the network is certainly depreciated for a few decades ... no? : Cheesy:

In short the highly subsidized facilities (as was done during 15 years) both the installation and the use EXACTLY have the same problem of buffer use of the network! But worse for the cost of the community ...

Looks like you're jealous of my ROI? : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen:
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 18/09/19, 20:54

sicetaitsimple wrote:In this case a little extreme, the uncontrolled reconnection of random means PV or wind is not to be desired, it must be controlled.

A PV inverter does not inject until it has a good signal on the "GIRD" (voltage / Hz) during a range of X seconds so I don't think it is that much of a problem ... But as you say it is an extreme case ...

sicetaitsimple wrote:But finally, if you have examples of PV installations voluntarily cut via Linky, I'm interested.

No but it is a possibility that Enedis could use ... in case of network overhead EnR ...

A bi-directional electronic meter has different physical circuits 2 otherwise it can not differentiate the counting of production and consumption!

So it should be possible to cut off the injection of the network off-take independently. If it is not the case it is because it was damn badly designed for a "smart" meter ...
0 x
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sicetaitsimple » 18/09/19, 20:59

Christophe wrote:Sorry but I think you completely unlock there: all solar systems in the world connected to the network work the same, it is not at all specific to Belgium and the meter turns upside down! All use the surplus produced in virtual buffering in the network ... So what?

I already answered you on this point a little higher: YES, all the solar installations have the same physical impact on the physical functioning of a given electrical system. We do not talk anymore?

The question is who is financing the virtual electricity storage of Christophe who is now 400kWh, and who funds the fact that Christophe thinks it can over a year pay nothing to the network, which he uses however 24 / 24 ?

Again this is not a criticism, the Belgian system is what it is and you adapt it is legitimate. Is it sustainable, I do not think so. Is this a model, even less.
0 x
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sicetaitsimple » 18/09/19, 21:15

Christophe wrote:No but it is a possibility that Enedis could use ... in case of network overhead EnR ...

Ah but no doubt about it! In case of "overload", it is necessary to reduce the production! As long as one is a "stowaway" of the system, indeed it is not. The day you become a majority player, you have to move on. This is already the case in some countries for wind power, I don't have an example for PV, but it is possible that this exists for purely local reasons of an overloaded distribution loop.

PS: in my opinion, this will affect first of all large producers, individuals should be spared. Sleep quietly.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 18/09/19, 21:23

To conclude (because I feel that we are still in agreement on the substance)

a) What is painful, very, in your words are the terms "Belgian" and "Christophe" ... as if my case were unique ...
So I make it a personal matter: is it your goal? : Shock: :|

b) Financially

With a cost of nuclear kWh between 2 and 3 cents resold 15 cents to tens of millions of subscribers (and therefore billions of dollars) I think EdF / Enedis (and Co.) can very well offset this cost of use of their network which is frankly marginal for them!

And I think there is a lot, a lot, more serious for them as a financial problem to start with the nuclear dismantling ...

c) Physically

The 400 kWh that I injected were probably consumed by my neighbors on the same direct line as me ... so it was centralized production and less for the operator ... so I made an ADVANCE of kWh to the operator who owes me these kWh ... (and that it is in full hour, hollow, peak period ... I do not care!)
0 x
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sicetaitsimple » 18/09/19, 21:42

Christophe wrote:a) What is painful, very, in your words are the terms "Belgian" and "Christophe" ... as if my case were unique ...
So I make it a personal matter: is it your goal? : Shock: :|

Of course not, it just happens that the system you are talking about is the Belgian system and Christophe, French living in Belgium, adapts to it, as I might also do under the same conditions.
However, adapting to a system does not necessarily have to adopt and defend it, especially when comparisons with comparables are based on false information.
0 x