Photovoltaic PV connection ???

Solar thermal energy in all its forms: solar heating, hot water, choosing a solar collector, solar concentration, ovens and solar cookers, solar energy storage by heat buffer, solar pool, air conditioning and solar cold ..
Aid, counseling, fixtures and examples of achievements ...
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Photovoltaic connection of PV???

by izentrop » 08/03/23, 01:20

remundo wrote:however, it appears that they will probably clip the power available from the panels in the event of strong sunlight.
Clipping, I don't think. It's more likely to smoke if it lasts a little too long.

A solution so that this does not happen is to orient 2 panels a little more towards the morning sun and the others a little more towards the south-south-west.
The power will be better distributed over the day and the risk of overpowering at the zenith avoided. : Wink:

Check if the PVs are well equipped with bypass diodes and to avoid shadow problems, it is better to put the PVs in series on each side to prevent the shaded panels from disturbing those in the sun at the beginning and end of the day. http://blog.seatronic.fr/fiches-pratiqu ... egulateur/
1 x
Remundo

by Remundo » 08/03/23, 03:41

izentrop wrote:
remundo wrote:however, it appears that they will probably clip the power available from the panels in the event of strong sunlight.
Clipping, I don't think.

Well read the "datasheet" carefully.
It's more likely to smoke if it lasts a little too long.

No, because the panels are within the voltage and current range tolerated by the device.

it is the MPPT which will not be able to place the operating point on the maximum potential power of the panels.
A solution so that this does not happen is to orient 2 panels a little more towards the morning sun and the others a little more towards the south-south-west.
The power will be better distributed over the day and the risk of overpowering at the zenith avoided. : Wink:

For that yes, if the power will be less variable, the overall production in kWh will be lower.
1 x
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by izentrop » 08/03/23, 03:51

Remundo wrote:the overall production in kWh will be lower
I was thinking of a slight shift and you have proof of what you are saying, because the risks are not taken by us.
0 x
Remundo

by Remundo » 08/03/23, 03:56

when a conversion device is used within its intended voltage/current range, there are no risks, unless the device is intrinsically defective.

you who talk a lot of bullshit on this forum, especially covidists, it's funny that you're asking for "evidence".

The proofs are in the datasheet provided by Chris, but apparently you don't know how to compare 2 powers, namely the potential Pmax of the panels and the Pmax offered by the converter.

download/file.php?id=28366

For example for the 100 / 50A converter which would receive 4 panels (in mix 2// series 2//) of 410 W, the Pmax is only 1400 W against 1640 W potential

For the 100 / 30A converter which would receive 2 panels in series, there it would be in the nails Pmax 880 W against 820 W potential.
1 x
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by izentrop » 08/03/23, 11:09

Remundo wrote:For example for the 100 / 50A converter which would receive 4 panels (in mix 2// series 2//) of 410 W, the Pmax is only 1400 W against 1640 W potential
50 A "rated load current".
If the sun reaches its zenith at the end of the absorption phase: 50x28,5 = 1425 W, and since the gadget has been heating for a while, the efficiency will have dropped 1425/0,95 = 1500 W that the panels will be able to continue to be debited.

Chepa but it feels hot there : Mrgreen:
0 x
Remundo

by Remundo » 08/03/23, 13:02

what is an "absorption phase" in photovoltaics?

your following calculations are also confused.
1 x
chris34
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by chris34 » 08/03/23, 13:12

OK OK ... thank you friends, for all your explanations! :?

Thank you Izentrop for your concerns : Mrgreen:

Thank you Remundo: I had followed your explanations correctly during my last install: I have implemented them and everything has gone very well for ...X years! 8) :D I will therefore move very soon to the purchase phase of the devices!
1 x
Chris34
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by izentrop » 08/03/23, 13:37

Remundo wrote:what is an "absorption phase" in photovoltaics?
This is the first battery charging phase limited to 28.8 v and 50 A by default.
I just saw in the datasheet: "If higher PV power is connected, the controller will limit the input power" I would tilt the panels for mid-season optimum in this case.
0 x
Remundo

by Remundo » 08/03/23, 14:22

no, but all that is managed by the regulator on the battery side. The current is gradually reduced, then stopped when the battery has a maximum allowed voltage.

For me it is necessary on the contrary to place all the PV in optimal orientation.

If the battery is fully charged, so much the better and then "the sun is lost", but if you discharge it, you have to store the maximum kWh each day.

The solar charge regulator is a rather complex electronic system, with double regulation
1) the MPPT which aims to extract the maximum power from the PV panels
2) the battery charge regulator which sets limits according to the battery voltage.
1 x
chris34
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by chris34 » 08/03/23, 19:45

OK !!! :D

Thank you thank you Remundo!
I have another question to ask (or ask for an opinion) ... but not right away (no to forced labor!!! : Mrgreen: )
0 x
Chris34