Solar thermal: solar collectors CESI, heating, hot water, stoves and solar cookersSolar hot water in Senegal

Solar thermal energy in all its forms: solar heating, hot water, choosing a solar collector, solar concentration, ovens and solar cookers, solar energy storage by heat buffer, solar pool, air conditioning and solar cold ..
Aid, counseling, fixtures and examples of achievements ...
Prosoleil
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Unread Messageby Prosoleil » 06/08/04, 20:27

The first business of solar water heaters has finally emerged in Senegal.

On the initiative of the French, relying on his experience 25 years in the field of energy, and after 3 years of preparation and study, the company Prosoleil was created.

It produces water heaters locally, from a careful selection of materials, both in Senegal and France.
This allows to offer reliable and high quality products while maintaining a cost adapted to the local purchasing power, with extremely rapid profitability.

Because with a high cost of electricity and sunshine among the strongest in the world, the sun in Senegal indeed offers an unbeatable profitability ...

The challenges are numerous and are as well:

ECONOMIC

To save on its electricity bill, who can refuse?
Especially as Prosoleil undertakes to promote employment and economic development of Senegal by producing locally.

ENVIRONMENTAL

The stated objective of Prosoleil, is to live every day in harmony with the sun, and thus protect the environment.
Limiting greenhouse gases, and better use of electricity in Senegal: a solution beginning to frequent power cuts that occur in the country.

SOCIAL

These water heaters are produced in St. Louis by Senegalese.
For Senegal, Senegal and the Senegalese ...
But more than a simple and banal business Prosoleil agrees to make available reliable and suitable products that truly meet local needs.

Prosoleil, a company resolutely turned towards sustainable development ...

For information, specifications, or to support us, please contact the company Prosoleil by mail: prosoleil.sn@laposte.net
or by phone at (00 221) 951 86 56.

With Prosoleil, use the sun wisely !!!
0 x

Christophe

Unread Messageby Christophe » 06/08/04, 21:45

Very good initiative ! Hiring?
0 x
Ce forum helped you? Support the site by making a small donation or share your best pages on your social networks. - Articles, analysis and downloads - Post an article on Google News
Prosoleil
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Unread Messageby Prosoleil » 06/08/04, 22:36

Indeed, we hire ...
We still have to recruit at least two qualified workers we are looking for on the spot, and later, also a Senegalese business, see more workers, according to changes in business ...

We are of course open to any application from abroad, especially from France, such as students who wish to get involved in renewable energy, and contribute to the development of the company through their training ...
But the goal as I remind you, is to promote employment, and economic and social development.

Sincerely,

Team Prosoleil.
0 x
philflamine
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

Unread Messageby philflamine » 07/08/04, 08:36

What a great initiative !!!! It's nice to read. :D

It amazes me the time of preparation, how to place these 3 years of study ?? What it spring?

You talk of power cuts, yet it is well solar hot water and photovoltaic not of ......?

Last question, how is the Senegal supplied with electricity?
0 x
Christophe

Unread Messageby Christophe » 07/08/04, 10:01

Yes I also did not understand the relationship between conso electric and solar water heaters ... do not tell me that in Senegal there is electric heating?!?

If not for hiring, I have a training as a mechanical engineer ... I have a chance or it's too early?
0 x
Ce forum helped you? Support the site by making a small donation or share your best pages on your social networks. - Articles, analysis and downloads - Post an article on Google News

Prosoleil
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Unread Messageby Prosoleil » 08/08/04, 00:28

Two elements of answers first, in terms of the relationship between power cuts and solar water heaters:

- Know already that most homes with hot water in Senegal are with electric water heater ... So in case of power failure, of course, it is a "cut hot water" in that accompanies ...

But also, in terms of electricity prices here, hot water may then appear as a luxury. For individuals, but also for all types of structures such as health centers, where the stakes of having hot water is even more important. For example, the regional hospital of St. Louis can not afford to have electric water heaters (fixed monthly cost too high), and was therefore fitted up until even a few years, solar water heaters ( misfits, but there were and are still there to testify).

- These power cuts we are discussing, are due to electricity supply below demand, which often involves cuts.
However, using more solar energy (both for heating water for generating electricity), it allows one hand to be less dependent on electricity generated by the Senegalese electricity company ( SENELEC), but above all, to lower or at least not to increase electricity needs, which Senelec really struggling to cope. And the situation is not going to be accommodating. You have some examples with links below.

<a href='http://fr.allafrica.com/stories/200408021308.html' target='_blank'> http://fr.allafrica.com/stories/200408021308.html </a>

<a href='http://www.walf.sn/economique/suite.php?rub=3&id_art=11555' target='_blank'> http://www.walf.sn/economique/suite.php?ru ... = = 3 11555 & id_art </a>

As for the "long" preparation, it is explained in several ways, but mainly through a comprehensive study on three levels:

- Study the needs of individuals and professionals, which is essential as you will agree ...
- design a product that is both adapted to local conditions and accessible to as many people as possible in Senegalese purchasing power.
- Study the "mistakes of the past" to account for the failures (and there are many) the siting of solar water heaters in this country ...

All this has taken a long time but has nonetheless provided a solid base to start the business ... From the experience we were able to obtain, without having to live, which you will recognize , is more than interesting in the context of mistakes ... do not have to do them yourself ...

But also add in an equally thorough market research to validate the viability of the project, the financing and the establishment of partnerships including AREED (<a href = 'http: //www.areed.org / 'target =' _ blank '> http://www.areed.org/ </a>), not to mention the inevitable passage through the "maze" of the Senegalese administration, and you quickly get 3 years of preparation. ..

What emerges? Vast question ...
We have seen that different attempts implantation in Senegal solar thermal (water heating) have failed.
Why ? Mainly because the products were not "reflected" in relation to the specific conditions of the country, which has yet to sunshine matter of great potential. They were imported directly from Europe, but not in the least suitable world, whether in terms of materials used, the installation of water heaters, and obviously not suitable either in terms of cost (purchasing power in Europe is very different from that in Senegal ...).

But the need is definitely there, opportunities to meet these needs as well, but still had to take the time to get involved. What we have done...

Finally, in terms of electricity supply in Senegal, he distributed as follows:

Steam-power: 138 MW
Production Diesel: 137 MW
Gas Turbine: 92 MW
Other sources: 41 MW

You can find more information if you are interested, on the site of SENELEC:

<a href='http://www.senelec.sn' target='_blank'> http://www.senelec.sn </a>

For the training of mechanical engineer ... you have a chance, even if it is true that it is still "too early" ... :)
0 x
philflamine
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

Unread Messageby philflamine » 09/08/04, 08:44

Prosoleil big thank you! B)

Have you received an encouraging reception and / or any support from the Senegalese authorities?

How much are you at the initiative of this project? Which legal form did you choose for your company?

What link you "attach" to the country - just curious ..... :D ?

Can we hope to see your project make small and spread to neighboring countries?

I find this project awesome ........
0 x
Prosoleil
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Unread Messageby Prosoleil » 10/08/04, 23:40

Thank you for such "encouragement" ... Some elements of answers to your questions ...

In terms of the Senegalese authorities, we received a welcome, as with any foreign company that is implanted in a country.
But to call this home encouraging, or even to speak of "support," we're not there yet ...

We "polémiquerons" not on the difficulties facing the Senegalese administration ... A book in several volumes could be. So let ...
However, our fight (because it is indeed a fight), is to show the interest to develop the use of solar thermal energy in Senegal, pushing the state to set up incentives, as is well understood in most other neighboring African countries (Morocco, Mali, Mauritania ...). Because the interest is really for all players ...

At the initiative of this project, a man whose courage, skill and perseverance have enabled the company to emerge. This is Houard Luc, a French 25 who worked for years in France, in the field of energy. He is the manager of the company, and deals specifically with the technical aspects and production

Myself, I am the Business / Management responsible, and I joined Luke in his approach, there are about one and a half ... I was brought to the meet by chance, but facing such initiative, such a project, I have had no other desire than to give him my full support.
I also work with the AIDDER Association (International Association for Sustainable Development and Renewable Energy).

With this association, we are conducting several projects in Africa, especially in Morocco (with the construction and establishment of a training center for careers in renewable energy, for young people without qualifications), but also in Senegal (with 2 projects: solar hot water equipment in several clinics in rural areas, but also the development of solar hot water up to the regional hospital of Saint Louis).
These are the links that I have personally with this country and generally Africa: a thirst for knowledge and a determination to bring.

For his part, Luc fell from Senegal in love from the first time he came, and he lived here for almost 5 years. He thought about how it could be helpful for the country, which led him to mount this project stone after stone ...

"Can we expect to see your project make small and spread to neighboring countries? "

I will answer this question by two others who might seem more relevant:

- Can we hope that Senegal will enjoy solar energy, allowing it to find its rightful place?

- Is it possible for existing companies in other countries (because there ....), to adopt a similar approach to involve the development of solar energy, with sustainable economic development?

Take the example of Morocco, where we conducted a project with our association, and we went to meet various players in solar energy.
The political will is there, the active organizations, and many businesses. However, no company itself manufactures solar water heaters, while Morocco has ample means to do so (both in terms of competence, that materials available on site). So why insist on importing "western" products, not necessarily suitable, rather than to reflect and produce locally what can be?

So we think it is more of a problem "approach" implementation, as a "technical" problem, for solar thermal finds its proper place in Africa. We hope to open the way ...
0 x
philflamine
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

Unread Messageby philflamine » 14/08/04, 09:58

A big thank you for sharing all this with us!

If you want to keep a little diary, and share it, I think the site will be open all :D and we delighted .....
0 x