STI2D Parasol Project

Forum solar photovoltaic PV and solar electricity generation from direct radiation solar energy.
Mich Mich
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

STI2D Parasol Project

by Mich Mich » 07/01/16, 14:09

Hello, I am currently STI2D Terminal and I have as project to make a parasol equipped with solar panel to power an engine that will serve to deploy / orient the umbrella for an optimal shade.

The project being cut in 3 part of my part only concerns the power supply of the engine, but several points I have problem.

1) I do not know which battery I will have to choose my teacher already gave me some clues as for example that I will be at the beach that I will not need battery which has a good performance even in the cold.

2) I do not know which panels I will have to use I obviously leaned on soft panels, but I do not know how much Watt I have to equip the sunshade, the motor part of the project has not yet been realized so I would like to have an estimate of the power needed, more I will have to add a plug for a phone charger, but the energy coming out of the solar panel will not be suitable so I would need an inverter, but again I do not know not which one to choose.

I would like you to guide me a little and give me some product references applicable to my case, because I find parasol with solar "a panel", it only serves to light 2 - 3 LEDs.

Thank you for your answers.
0 x
childofthealmighty
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Re: Parasol Project

by childofthealmighty » 07/01/16, 14:58

So you have to specify more precisely
0 x
Mich Mich
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

Re: Parasol Project

by Mich Mich » 07/01/16, 15:06

childofthealmighty wrote:So you have to specify more precisely

That is to say ?
0 x
Remundo

by Remundo » 07/01/16, 15:42

you have to take things in order ...

first define the surface of the umbrella and its structure.

From there, you will know the efforts, as well as the races to apply to move the moving parts.

Then depending on the speed (which will surely be low), you can choose gearmotors or electric jacks adequate ...

From there you can size the electrical part: voltage and intensity deliverable.

At first sight, a big battery of 12 V / 100 Ah should do the trick and allow you to fall into standard equipment ... 24V also possible with 2 batteries in series.

The difficulty of your project will be more in the control electronics, which according to the light must deploy the umbrella, as I understand it ...
0 x
Mich Mich
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by Mich Mich » 07/01/16, 15:55

Remundo wrote:you have to take things in order ...

first define the surface of the umbrella and its structure.

From there, you will know the efforts, as well as the races to apply to move the moving parts.

Then depending on the speed (which will surely be low), you can choose gearmotors or electric jacks adequate ...

From there you can size the electrical part: voltage and intensity deliverable.

At first sight, a big battery of 12 V / 100 Ah should do the trick and allow you to fall into standard equipment ... 24V also possible with 2 batteries in series.

The difficulty of your project will be more in the control electronics, which according to the light must deploy the umbrella, as I understand it ...

Enfaite the project is very free, we are free to add options, but there are bases to fill such as an automatic opening system when it is crashed, and automatic closing when the system finds the wind too strong and could potentially damage the system, but it is not the part of my subject, I only take care of the electronics, and the power supply, so the solar panels, their connections, their number, the connection but especially the choices and why I made those choices.

Your answer helps me anyway, thank you this information will help me move forward.
0 x
Mich Mich
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by Mich Mich » 07/01/16, 16:03

Remundo wrote:At first sight, a big battery of 12 V / 100 Ah should do the trick and allow you to fall into standard equipment ... 24V also possible with 2 batteries in series.

Sorry for the double post, so there is no way to have smaller batteries? Because it will not be practical, we do not only treat the theoretical part it must be practical, and two big battery that has been transported or the place where we ask this is a problem.
0 x
dede2002
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by dede2002 » 07/01/16, 19:06

Hello,

To orient the umbrella one can probably do without battery, since there will be sun.

Only for opening-closing will it take a battery, no need for a truck battery.
0 x
Remundo

by Remundo » 08/01/16, 07:57

hi Mich Mich,

if you have to fold a sunshade facing the wind, the power may not be negligible ... try to wear a wooden plate of 2 m² facing the wind and feels the strength to keep it in place ...

your problem is that you do not have specifications ... from there, everything floats and your project may well be limited to a few superficial technical considerations.

otherwise of course there is any size of batteries with different voltages ...
0 x

Back to "Renewable energy: solar electricity"