Photovoltaic solar: buyout after the contract?

Forum solar photovoltaic PV and solar electricity generation from direct radiation solar energy.
krismof
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Photovoltaic solar: buyout after the contract?

by krismof » 09/08/11, 16:03

Hello,

Since a solar panel has a lifespan of more than 20 years.
What happens after the buyout contract with EDF?
Can we sign another contract and under what conditions?

please
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 09/08/11, 16:06

Seen as it looks now, it will obviously not! : Cheesy: :|

Currently in France there is visibility at 3 months see https://www.econologie.com/forums/suivi-et-e ... 10997.html ... so impossible to predict at 20! Predicting 20 years in politics is just the 4th dimension ... : Mrgreen:

But as your panels will continue to produce and a priori to inject, it will always be electricity saved on future bills ...

Unless the end of the purchase contract means the end of the force connection? : Idea: :|
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 09/08/11, 21:25

In my opinion, this is the usual situation for non-subsidized production: micro-power plants [there are individuals who have transformed mills into "mini-power plants" and have been injecting for a very long time], etc ... - say the market price negotiated with a distributor: EdF, Poweo, etc ...
0 x
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 10/08/11, 20:25

I think the question of subsidized tariffs will be gone before 20 years

today we support (or disrupt) the photovoltaic market with a privileged energy tariff ... as the price of energy will continue to rise, in a few years photovoltaics will be profitable at the normal price of electricity, there will no longer be any need for a special counter, edf will be happy that anyone produces a little

the normal situation will be that edf buys electricity cheaper than it resells it, it is necessary to finance the distribution
0 x
I Citro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by I Citro » 11/08/11, 01:59

chatelot16 wrote:... as the price of energy will continue to rise, in a few years the photovoltaics will be profitable at the normal price of electricity, there will no longer be any need for special meters, edf will be happy that anyone produces a little.
the normal situation will be that edf buys electricity cheaper than it resells it, it is necessary to finance the distribution
EDF does not care that freelancers produce. It is only concerned with the benefit of its shareholders, therefore only making profit between its cost or purchase cost and its sale prices.

I agree with you on the competitiveness of self-production in the long term, for 2 reasons:
1 / The electricity price will increase by 35% in the next 5 years (it is scheduled)
2 / Taxes also explode on their side.

As far as I'm concerned, I'm seriously considering installing a photovoltaic device for my personal consumption.
I still run into some technical problems because I have to respect certain standards so as not to inject my electricity into the network but to have it in the event of a production failure, especially for the night charge of my electric vehicles which consumes more than 7kW continuously...
0 x
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 11/08/11, 09:24

making dual-use inverters is one of my projects!

several functions:
1) send current on the network in phase with the voltage when the network is there, and possibly limit the power produced so as not to exceed what is consumed locally
2) make a sunusoidal tention independently in case of absence of the EDF
3) manage security: disconnect the EDF in case of autonomous operation
4) manage a battery to store a little energy when there is too much and have a little in reserve in case of EDF failure

the electronic power part would be almost the same as the current photovoltaic approved inverter: these additional functions would not cost much more
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 11/08/11, 10:35

chatelot16 wrote:

Basically, I agree. Indeed, one can think that by dint of decreasing each quarter, the subsidized price will have joined the market price - therefore disappeared. It's possible.

It will remain to be seen whether the cost price will have sufficiently "melted" (therefore the price of panels and equipment + labor; and the increased output) for it to be "profitable" ...

Convergence towards 25 cents per kWH (sales price) seems possible.

but:

- EdF will then (it is already the case, but it will develop), lost its monopoly: any supplier will be able to buy and resell ... Until then, it is to be hoped that the market will be more "open" and competition a little more lively ...

- they will buy at the lowest possible price and sell at the highest possible price; it is the principle of any reseller ... So, we must hope that the competition is lively, the resource scarce enough ... (it will depend on our fleet of nuclear power plants, their condition, etc ... ).

- currently, if I am not mistaken, the unsubsidized wholesale purchase price is around 4 cents per kWh; the rest is the cost of distribution, the network, taxes and profits ...

On this basis, roughly speaking, in 20 years, we can imagine:

a) a sale price of 25 cents per kWh (today's constant euro base)

b) an unsubsidized purchase price of around 10/12 euros (today's price) ... For depreciated installations given the current subsidized price, that's still it ...

c) in this hypothesis, it is clear that it will then be more interesting to be a self-producer, rather than to sell and buy (which, currently, for an individual, is a more interesting solution from the strict economic point of view ).
0 x
I Citro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by I Citro » 12/08/11, 02:22

chatelot16 wrote:making dual-use inverters is one of my projects!

several functions:
1) send current on the network in phase with the voltage when the network is there, and possibly limit the power produced so as not to exceed what is consumed locally
2) make a sunusoidal tention independently in case of absence of the EDF
3) manage security: disconnect the EDF in case of autonomous operation
4) manage a battery to store a little energy when there is too much and have a little in reserve in case of EDF failure

the electronic power part would be almost the same as the current photovoltaic approved inverter: these additional functions would not cost much more
That's what interest me, you can create a subject if your project takes shape.
As far as I am concerned, I do not plan to inject on the network, i.e. to provide free electricity to EDF, since my electronic meter does not turn upside down ... (I already sells them all of my photovoltaic production).
All the other points suit me.
For point 4, I plan to use one of my electric cars. : Idea:

Currently, the 20m² of panels that I have, provide 3000kWh / year, or half the annual electric mileage of our home (15.000km out of the 30.000km that we will cover).
I dream of fully compensating for my "vehicle" electricity consumption, but also at home, in particular so as not to, or very little, consume "off-peak" kWh.
0 x
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 12/08/11, 14:01

this project is serious, but I am afraid that the current fashion of subsidized and regulated facilities will capture all the good customers, and that the one who wants to do something original does not sell anything

This is what I mean by saying that these bad grants do not help but disturb

I wait until the prices become normal so that the good solutions become profitable

does he already have a market with convinced econolo ready to put the price before it is profitable?
0 x
Remundo

by Remundo » 12/08/11, 16:47

I think that in 20 years, people capable of generating electricity will not be embarrassed, either for injection on the network, or for self-consumption. Now, we cannot know the exact conditions which will regulate the thing.

In relation to the project of Châtelot, I point out that there is already a industrialized module to be grafted onto "standard" injection inverters, the SMA Sunny Backup. Having electronic plans would be a source of inspiration. : Idea:

I find it regrettable that the changeover on the home network in the event of phase failure ErDF has not been provided for all inverters.

Without being an expert, I suppose that the additional cost would be modest and the service very interesting.
0 x