Solar inverter on generator or on battery inverter?

Forum solar photovoltaic PV and solar electricity generation from direct radiation solar energy.
Christophe

Re: Solar inverter on generator or on battery inverter?

by Christophe » 30/08/22, 00:46

Go complain to the chief editor! I don't know who it is...
0 x
GuyGadeboisTheBack
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by GuyGadeboisTheBack » 30/08/22, 00:49

Too handy.... 8)
When we see that stuff like that, it passes cream, it is sure that we can wonder if there is a pilot in the plane:
society-and-philosophy/allopathy-vs-global-natural-medicine-t17123-90.html#p507794
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 30/08/22, 01:11

There is no pilot on a forum…where there are as many pilots as members…

Strictly speaking, there are switchers…and knock!

ps: I warned Janus... : Mrgreen:
1 x
phil59
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by phil59 » 30/08/22, 11:16

Normally, a hybrid inverter handles it all.
It gives priority to consumption or battery charge, or % for the best equipped, you have nothing to do.

The inverter is inserted between the mains supply and your house.

On the other hand, if it pulls can on the group, it could happen that you are more than 50 Hz, and that the inverter only draws on the panels or battery (or not, if no battery).
0 x
hmmmmm, hmmmmmmmmmmmmm, hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmm, huh, hmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

: Oops: : Cry: :( : Shock:
Christophe

by Christophe » 30/08/22, 12:08

Yes except that I don't want to invest in a hybrid inverter...at 2000€...if it works with a 200€ inverter... : Mrgreen:
0 x
dede2002
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by dede2002 » 30/08/22, 14:37

Christophe wrote:
I +1 with your edit: I can see that my PV system produces less in the afternoon compared to last year since a neighbor (on my line) made an installation of about 10 kWp facing south west... in my street 50% are equipped with PV…

I had peaks this summer at 245V (!!!) on my inverter...which ended up being safe...

If it went to safety, that's proof that it doesn't regulate voltage.

And that's why your production went down. So in my opinion it won't work with a small inverter, but you can try if I'm right it won't damage anything :P

In the example of the generator quoted at the beginning, they increase the frequency to disconnect all the pv from the sub-network, to prevent them from going into safety for overvoltage.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 30/08/22, 18:35

Small precision it is the differential protection circuit breaker which jumped...mea culpa, it was not the solar inverter even if I had error logs of the type: "Grid Volt Fault" before the differential jumps ...

At the Hz level even at 245 V it did not exceed 50.1 Hz...

245V.jpeg
245V.jpeg (46.96 KiB) Consulted 477 time

Well I understood it is still me who will take all the risks! : Lol: : Lol: : Lol:
0 x
Remundo

by Remundo » 30/08/22, 23:35

I read this topic.

I'm wary of this "phase simulation" idea to trick an injection inverter into the grid.

The latter are indeed designed to inject the maximum power; if there are no consumers on the network, they may burn out the device simulating the phase.

Conversely, if there are too many consumers, the inverter risks going into default due to a drop in voltage.

They are also designed to shut down as soon as they detect something weird on the network.

The grid injection inverter is not suitable for isolated sites. There are more complex systems where an isolated site inverter drives other network injection inverters, for "villages" or large isolated installations (buildings).

From my point of view, for those who have PV panels and want to enhance them, it is better to charge 12V batteries via a charge controller.

And then take the 12V batteries with a "pure sinus" converter, or several depending on the power required.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 30/08/22, 23:43

Yes there is a risk…but…it tickles me! Because if we take the same thing as in Switzerland, it will drive me crazy!!

Basically, what is a hybrid inverter? If it's the same as what I want to make homemade and it can work off the grid I think…right?

Otherwise what would the battery be used for? Just increase self-consumption when there is a network? If so, it's crazy…for those who install them!

I am less pessimistic than you: if the network no longer absorbs the solar inverter will go into safety after a certain voltage... there is always self-consumption...

Tomorrow I'll do a quick sketch...

ps: did you receive the package?
1 x
Remundo

by Remundo » 31/08/22, 00:12

Yes thanks :)

oh but i'm open to small crafts.

in electricity, on the other hand, it can end badly.

a "hybrid" inverter has a very different and controllable regulation. It can operate as a pure injection inverter. But also tapping into a battery and undulating in an isolated site (and at the same time in the PV field in hybrid mode). In this case it does not seek the phase of the network to synchronize and inject the maximum possible, on the contrary it creates it itself and remains attentive to the powers drawn off (which allows it to arbitrate between charging the battery or on the contrary draw from it).

If hybrid inverters are more expensive, it's not just to "rip off", it's because their regulation and settings are more sophisticated.
0 x