Minimum solar installation with batteries and inverter

Forum solar photovoltaic PV and solar electricity generation from direct radiation solar energy.
Petrus
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

Minimum solar installation with batteries and inverter

by Petrus » 27/05/18, 15:24

Given the evolution of the situation of consumption / production / distribution of electricity (increase in consumption, aging of power plants, privatization of hydroelectric dams, "smart" meters) it is fairly predictable that the supply of electricity will be less reliable in the near future.

So I think about installing a small solar system with batteries that would feed the minimum to not find myself as a con to enlighten me to the candle, without being able to make a phone call and worse, without being able to look at the last youtube chat videos : Cheesy:
The goal would be to power the lighting (led), the box internet, a laptop and a few small devices like phone and charger on a circuit isolated network.

I will not put this project into execution in the immediate future, I have other priorities DIY levels.
At first I must already measure my energy needs, I could then see to size the system, and buy the stuff (used if possible) at the rate of good business.

Do other people here have an installation of this type? If so, what is the model of your panels / charger / batteries / inverter? Are you satisfied? How much did it cost you?
0 x
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Minimum solar installation with batteries and inverter

by chatelot16 » 27/05/18, 18:18

if edf is not reliable you do not need to power your box by battery ... if there is an edf cut, the internet bazaar in the telephone exchange is not working for a long time ... it's over when there were groups generator in telephone exchanges: now they only have batteries with very short autonomy

if you want to completely pass edf for communication you must start raising pigeon traveler
0 x
Petrus
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by Petrus » 27/05/18, 18:48

For the maintenance of internet communications, I was especially thinking of preventing a local cut by the "smart" meter that I was forcibly installed, which cuts me off by mistake, failure, hacking or in the case of a load shedding.
0 x
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 27/05/18, 19:21

do not listen to all the bullshit that is told on the linky ... it can cut the bad payers but it does not cut for nothing

if the linky cuts because it is out of order it is possible to violate the filling of the fuse upstream of the meter and make a connection of troubleshooting ... it is forbidden but in case of force majeure it will be acceptable

I happened to violate the filling of a disjonteur edf that jumped all the time ... I telephoned to edf before doing it, and I replaced the broken circuit breaker by an old circuit breaker not necessarily standards but who was not down ... he came the next day put a new circuit breaker and did not make a problem for this wild removal ... it was EDF ... ERDF or ENEDIS not yet invented

normally the lynky jumps overload with the same peak current tolerance as the conventional circuit breaker ... but there is one that is the classic breaker so old that it is almost stuck and does not jump when it should, so we can consume more than the current authorized by his subscription, and when he put a linky we see that it is necessary to increase the subscription ... but it is not the linky that is in default it is the old breaker who made a gift
0 x
Petrus
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by Petrus » 27/05/18, 20:23

chatelot16 wrote:it was EDF ... ERDF or ENEDIS not yet invented

It is the bottom of the PB, it was another time.
They would be as conciliatory today, I do not believe for a second.
When I had to put the contract in my name after the purchase of the house, they charged me a connection fee while the house was already connected. So if they can charge you a fine, they will do it.

After, the goal is not to be totally independent. The fridge / freezer, the hot water tank, and other large consumers will always be connected to the network. The goal is just to minimize the inconvenience of a break.
0 x
thibr
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by thibr » 27/05/18, 20:45

in this case should not better buy a generator?
0 x
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 27/05/18, 21:52

it makes me think of the storm of December 1999 ... the current was cut for several weeks! no fixed phone after a day of cut, and no mobile phone either

I had some gensets snore to save some freezers ... and more gas in the small gas stations because there was no electricity to run their pump ... fortunately the big supermarket had their big group electrogene: their service station and their store were running full ... while the little tradesman could not do anything ... the baker was no longer bread ... the small trader had lost all their stock with their broken fridge

there was a neighbor who made very good sourdough bread, a batch a week ... he could not use his electric petrin ... I found him a solution by drilling a hole in a wall to pass a gimbal for train the petrin with a tractor outside ... the wood oven did not need electricity
0 x
Petrus
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by Petrus » 27/05/18, 22:05

A generator would be useful to run the freezer from time to time as well as in winter.
But running a group continuously for 100W (led lamp: 20W, laptop: 70W, box internet: 10W) is not very effective. And then I'm interested in systems of production / conversion of electrical energy, it would be for me the opportunity to experiment in this area.
0 x