Solar generator

Forum solar photovoltaic PV and solar electricity generation from direct radiation solar energy.
Mister_Ash
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Solar generator

by Mister_Ash » 04/10/20, 15:06

Hello all .
The time for the last hedge trimmer, to cut the wood, to rewind etc. etc. arrives as I never manage to properly maintain a heat engine I would like to switch to electric.
There are good references like Stihl or better Husqvarna but:
1 having good equipment powerful and efficient on the battery the price goes up quickly.
2 the batteries have a fairly short life limit and we are very far from having a standard product on this side.

So I thought about making a solar generator (Yes, we are coming to the fall I know) and staying on wired equipment.
In addition to being used for the garden it will be useful for me for other things like tinkering where there is no electricity.

I'm looking for your help to help me size my project.

The battery would consist of batteries that I already have in my possession (1.5V / 40Ah) to make 36V, it would be charged either by solar panel when the weather allows it and by sector when the sun is insufficient.
So how do you choose the solar panel, the regulator and the inverter?
0 x
phil59
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Solar generator set

by phil59 » 04/10/20, 15:35

Mister_Ash wrote:
So I thought about making a solar generator(Yes we are coming in the fall I know) and stay on wired equipment.
In addition to being used for the garden it will be useful for me for other things like tinkering where there is no electricity.

The battery would consist of batteries that I already have in my possession (1.5V / 40Ah) to make 36V, it would be charged either by solar panel when the weather allows it and by sector when the sun is insufficient.
So how do you choose the solar panel, the regulator and the inverter?

Solar group, you mean, I guess. So you want to transform 36V into 220V, but with power.

So quite expensive too. Because say engine, said, I think 3 times the power at startup, not long, but still ....
0 x
hmmmmm, hmmmmmmmmmmmmm, hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmm, huh, hmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

: Oops: : Cry: :( : Shock:
Gaston
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Solar generator set

by Gaston » 05/10/20, 15:16

I think 36V is not the right choice (unless you want to directly power devices designed to operate on 36V battery ... but these devices are much more expensive than their 220V equivalents), indeed consumer inverters are often designed to be supplied with 12V or 24V.

We would have to say a little more about the batteries and their technology to recommend a solar regulator (again current in 12 or 24V, but rare in 36V).

Regarding the inverter, it is the power of the devices to be supplied which will determine the choice.
0 x