Does Sarkozy want the end of the 35 weekly hours?

philosophical debates and companies.
Christophe

Does Sarkozy want the end of the 35 weekly hours?

View Christophe » 16/11/10, 23:49

Everything is in the title and I think that's what he (under?) Heard this evening during his speech: 35 hours kill growth ...

What if the pension reform was only a "test" to move on to this much more ambitious social challenge?

Reforming the 35-hour week will be a different story, but I sincerely think that it is a necessary evil for France ... there is no developed country where one works so little during a lifetime than in France ...
Last edited by Christophe the 05 / 01 / 11, 21: 16, 1 edited once.
0 x
nonoLeRobot
Master Kyot'Home
Master Kyot'Home

View nonoLeRobot » 17/11/10, 00:40

Yeah I agree that by working more we produce more but as with pensions with more than a million (in addition to the end of rights and unemployment disguised as internships are not counted I think) of unemployed we do not not lack hands of potential works.

The comparison (with Germany I imagine) does not hold much. Where overtime is tax exempt, they use short-time working, women do little or no work (a lot of half-time).

On the other hand they have a very strong use of robotics ( http://www.robotcaliser.com/ ) which greatly reduces costs while making installers work (France is very well placed in these areas).

On the other hand, it would really be necessary to shift the personnel costs to the robotic loads (in order to avoid competition from the "unfair" machine).

Once again a transfer of social security contributions to energy would be welcome (carbon tax) !!!
0 x
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

View elephant » 17/11/10, 08:28

Nono said:

On the other hand, it would really be necessary to shift the personnel costs to the robotic loads (in order to avoid competition from the "unfair" machine).

YES, but let's not forget that a robot installed in China costs even less.

Having said that, I would have to be explained how the Nordic economies manage to run more or less properly when they have very expensive workers (who also have to heat themselves)
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be
Christophe

View Christophe » 17/11/10, 09:26

Noo, to continue with your comparison in Germany there is no minimum wage (minimum wage does not exist) ... hey yes ... but (paradox or economic law?) workers are on average better paid than in France (managers less well paid than in France).

I think this is also a typical consequence of Franco-French elitism / centralism: our "elites" are paid better ... than elsewhere.

How does it work without a minimum wage? Well it is the future employee who decides or not to take the job in question ...
If a job is too expensive to smic it can still be created by the hiring company, and it does not find it increases the salary of the job.

Germany is the leading European economic power and workers have more purchasing power than French workers despite the absence of minimum wages.

After obviously you have to see what it really costs the boss. I do not know the level of Germanic charges, I speak in net salary before taxation. I remind you that in France when the employee receives 1 € (before tax) the employer leaves 2 € (the unions should always have this in mind).

If a lot of German women work partially it may be that their part-time wages are enough for them, right?

ps: Elephant, in China they don't (yet) need robots to be competitive !! This is Chinese magic!
0 x
nonoLeRobot
Master Kyot'Home
Master Kyot'Home

View nonoLeRobot » 17/11/10, 10:48

On the other hand it would be clever: http://www.capital.fr/finances-perso/ac ... ine-546945

It's really admitting that the tax shield was stupid, but I thought that one of the arguments was that you needed a fixed / reliable tax system (threat of not having another party come back / change the system) for people meet there and there in less than 3 years it already completely replaces ... Aim for the stability of Switzerland or Germany many will say before even looking at the cost of the moment.
0 x
Christophe

View Christophe » 17/11/10, 11:42

Wait to see what it will give in concrete terms if it "passes" ... not sure that it is not in the movement of the tax shield ... and better for the privileged of the Republic!

It must be understood: it is a tax on heritage income et no on heritage... there is a beautiful nuance!

Examples:

I have a villa estimated at 1 €, currently I pay the ISF.
I use it for my personal accommodation: it brings me no income.
I therefore have no heritage income on this villa. I no longer pay wealth tax or income tax on property.

This is obviously an ideal case (when you have a villa at 1 M € you have other income from your heritage) but I still think realistic: if a property of your heritage brings you nothing, it will not be more taxed ...

At least that's how I hear it ... for the moment because this:

The idea would therefore be to tax interest, dividends and other capital gains

... well it's already taxed or imposed! Income from market speculation is taxed at 30% it seems to me ... and there is CSG on the interest of most bank accounts ...
0 x
Christophe

View Christophe » 17/11/10, 13:09

Coincidence? Yesterday AM, I post this video: https://www.econologie.com/forums/serge-dass ... 10163.html by Serge Dassault as a "good captain of industry" (good anti-social as it should be) and the same evening our Sarko gave us a speech in the same ideology (moderate all the same given the "big mouth" and the lack of tact of S. Dassault it would be difficult to do worse ...) ...

: Cheesy: : Cheesy:
0 x
nonoLeRobot
Master Kyot'Home
Master Kyot'Home

View nonoLeRobot » 17/11/10, 13:10

Yes that would be more logical, after indeed between what is said and done there is a world see 2. 5 we can remember the carbon tax considered as "revolutionary essential genius" and buried in fifteen days without other form of trial)
0 x
aerialcastor
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

View aerialcastor » 17/11/10, 14:08

Christophe wrote:Coincidence? Yesterday AM, I post this video: https://www.econologie.com/forums/serge-dass ... 10163.html by Serge Dassault as a "good captain of industry" (good anti-social as it should be) and the same evening our Sarko gave us a speech in the same ideology (moderate all the same given the "big mouth" and the lack of tact of S. Dassault it would be difficult to do worse ...) ...

: Cheesy: : Cheesy:

Coincidence? No they were waiting for you to reveal the info ... Fortunately, you are in Belgium now. Some have had problems for less than that : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen:

More seriously, what I remember from the video is that Dassault expresses himself very badly, to the point that I stopped watching at 2mn30 ...
It shows that we can not manage to keep a coherent speech and succeed in the business world ...
0 x
Save a tree, eat a beaver.
It is no use to succeed in life, what it takes is to miss his death.
Christophe

View Christophe » 17/11/10, 14:54

Hihihi yeah, I asked for political asylum 2 years before Sarko ... : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen:

For 2min30 it's a shame, at the end it improves a little ... (yes)

As for "succeeding in the industry", I think that Serge is especially the son of his father ... it seems to me that he was the unloved of the 2 sons and he managed to take control of the group by a poker game of which I do not remember the details ...

The patriarch, Marcel, did not like his methods very much ...
0 x