French politics: what future for Macron (and France) and why?

philosophical debates and companies.

What will happen to President Emmanuel Macron?

You can select 1 option

Consult the results
SixK
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

Re: French politics: what future for Macron (and France) and why?

View SixK » 29/01/24, 01:10

Just because the mobilization is historic,
A small montage of French blockages on the evening of 24/01/2024.

blocking_farmers_240124.png
Blockade_Agriculturists_240124.png (1.4 Mio) Viewed 691 times

It seems to be moving throughout Europe, they don't talk about it too much in the media
1 x
Optimists invented airplanes, parachutes pessimistic. George Bernard Shaw.
Thought personal, I understand better why the big bosses invented the golden parachute.
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

View izentrop » 29/01/24, 01:34

Farmers are not against environmental measures, but do not want to be the only ones to suffer the consequences, which increasingly reduce their income...
0 x
gegyx
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

View gegyx » 29/01/24, 01:35

For the armored vehicles, they don't have to worry, Putin has already briefed them on the means to destroy the shitty VABs and the bad boys.
0 x
Macro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

View Macro » 29/01/24, 07:01

Remundo wrote:We are basically in a yellow vest mobilization, but with hundreds of tractors, as I have already indicated, capable of handling heavy machinery.

I don't think the police will shoot farmers. But we'll see.

In any case, in your dreams it's a fork for manure or bales of straw from a tractor, it pierces a car, yes, but not an armored vehicle of this kind. a tractor with flat tires is a 6 ton stone which cannot resist these machines. I have seen them being dislodged several times in front of my work... They are no match for it... And the slurry stinks... Lachrymo gas suffocates you
0 x
Take revenge with your success. punished with your absence. Kill with your silence. Win with your joy of living
Remundo

View Remundo » 29/01/24, 08:41

I'm not talking to you about piercing the armor, but about overturning the machines.

From what I saw, these are light armored vehicles (LAVs in the jargon); they weigh around 3 tonnes, less than some tractors.

Moreover, these LAVs are just as vulnerable to punctures as tractors.

Now you count the forces present, how many tractors for 1 LAV? How about a fork in the tires, hmmm?

Tear gas can be tolerated in a fairly watertight cabin. The modern cabins are air-conditioned and close as well as a car

So I don't know what will happen, but if the agris get angry, the LAVs will be in big trouble.
0 x
Christophe

View Christophe » 29/01/24, 10:45

izentrop wrote:On the margins...

Another one (you too obviously) who confuses accounting profit after tax and commercial margin... : Shock: : Evil:

An accountant would tear his hair out seeing the last lines of his table where they have voluntarily and for manipulate people, replaced the word profit (ugh it's a bad word, it's bad to make money...) with margin...

A company can earn a lot of money, pay the salaries of thousands of people, profit like a pig... while having a negative or very low accounting profit... it all depends on expenses (salaries are an expense) and depreciation !

And if certain companies pay little or no corporate tax while having extraordinary turnover and margins, that’s why!

The profit after IS only interests the shareholders, because that is how dividends are calculated...
1 x
Macro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

View Macro » 29/01/24, 10:52

Remundo wrote:I'm not talking to you about piercing the armor, but about overturning the machines.

From what I saw, these are light armored vehicles (LAVs in the jargon); they weigh around 3 tonnes, less than some tractors.

Moreover, these LAVs are just as vulnerable to punctures as tractors.

Now you count the forces present, how many tractors for 1 LAV? How about a fork in the tires, hmmm?

Tear gas can be tolerated in a fairly watertight cabin. The modern cabins are air-conditioned and close as well as a car

So I don't know what will happen, but if the agris get angry, the LAVs will be in big trouble.

I'm afraid you're off base on a number of points.

They will not run over a LAV with a manure fork or a manuspopic. the vehicles in the photo weigh 12 tonnes not 3
https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/V%C3%A9hi ... endarmerie

Tear gas can be tolerated with a sealed cabin: yes, a few minutes (and then some)

the VBL sensitive to puncture: NO tires filled with foam

The forces present.... the CRS or mobile gendarmes are armed and trained to maintain order... Not like a few agris who improvise to create disorder... When it is necessary to use the eye gun they will.

In short, a fork does not break armor
0 x
Take revenge with your success. punished with your absence. Kill with your silence. Win with your joy of living
Christophe

View Christophe » 29/01/24, 11:00

Some Manitou lift 12 Tons eh (with the boom at minimum)...and there is no need to lift 12 Tons to overturn a 12 T vehicle..around 6 is enough...some large tractors can perhaps lift 6 Tons on the fork...to check.

But if you take 3 tractors, they will lift these 6 tons...

What we mean is that when you are in a 5 to 10 ton tractor, an armored vehicle is necessarily less impressive than when you are on foot...and forcing a roadblock is perfectly normal possible. It's not about destroying the armored vehicles but about preventing them...

Anyway OSEF they don't plan to go to Rungis! Darmaninnin blocked alone : Mrgreen:
2 x
Christophe

View Christophe » 29/01/24, 11:03

SixK wrote:Just because the mobilization is historic,
A small montage of French blockages on the evening of 24/01/2024.

Well done for the job, and what does it look like today?
0 x
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

View izentrop » 29/01/24, 11:04

It's only the fight that interests you, not the grapes of wrath. : Shock:
0 x