VMC: catcher manufacturing dual-flow heat

Present your DIY projects, your new technical ideas, your innovations to test or your self-construction work. Because doing it yourself is often more economical and can be more efficient.
simplino
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by simplino » 06/01/16, 13:13

LOGIC12 wrote:
And it is not stopped. Stop a VMC creates problems include condensation in the pipes because nothing flows.

Condensation occurs mainly in operation in colder portions near the outlet pipes constantly in proportion to the amount of air that passes makes more visible and stop this before stop condensation flow in reverse easier that when the air flows !!

Your response indicates that your VMC is very strong (typical absurd standards there are more than a few years), probably too much and it is simple to stop it in your absence and reflect on condensation due to the operation of the VMC that fills your sleeves in their lower parts and beyond stopping, water ceases to be pushed by the air vent of the VMC !!

Stirring the ducts in the attic we leave full of liters of condensed water during operation of the VMC !!
0 x
LOGIC12
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by LOGIC12 » 06/01/16, 15:53

hello, no I have no VMC home, and I manage parfaiteent.
I just have an extraction fan and extractor to the bathroom that I run for the shower and still easily 2 hours or even half a day.

But sometimes I see VMC, and I think that the need varies during the day, hence my reflection.
0 x
LOGIC12
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

Re: VMC: catcher manufacturing dual-flow heat

by LOGIC12 » 10/11/16, 17:08

Hello, I have not read all the answers, but we could use PVC paneling. It is cut to the length you want, and it's a little like polycarbonnates plates. We could put several surperposées, leaving a space between them by inserting small pieces of wood, for example, that the air leaving the VMC can go between the plates for better heat the incoming air.

And there, it's easy to get them in hardware stores, and it's not overpriced.
0 x
xxx74
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by xxx74 » 13/02/17, 12:24

Hello,

I had not returned to the subject for a long time, but now I was able to retrieve a microwatt ALDES deefly cube, which appears in working order (not tested), the only problem is that it is too big and therefore no place to install it.

Did not cost me, I am now in complete disassembly phase to keep all the items except the housing in order to achieve my own box to allow installation.

In the ALDES case, I note that the internal air ducts are not smooth (full of polystyrene form) and indirectly to the heat exchanger which in my opinion should cause pressure drops, so I would remove it in one I'll perform and also improve the seal that seems not so original.

The surface of the inputs and outputs of the exchanger being pretty consistent, I wonder if it is better to consider that the air deflection off a wall before entering the heat exchanger or if it is better than air sometimes face?

The purpose of this question and its response is best to distribute the incoming air on the total area of ​​the two inputs of the exchanger and not only the edges of the two exchanger entries is 100% effective and that the opposite side either 20%.

Are there rules of aerodynamics in mind?

My exchanger housing ranging surely be separated from the engine, is it worth considering a cone shape between the outlet pipe and the engine exchanger inlet air option if projected face is to remember?
0 x
unnovice
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by unnovice » 25/01/22, 08:56

Hello

post unearthing.

I'm going to make a homemade exchanger, with crossed reverse flow with aluminum offset plates.

the shape will be hexagonal. a thickness of 3mm between each plate.

the question I ask myself, is it important to create channels on a plate knowing that this will increase the pressure drop and reduce the exchange surface

please
0 x
xxx74
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by xxx74 » 26/01/22, 06:48

Hello,

Normally the ideal is to create an "elbow" at the level of the air circulation in the exchanger, it will increase the pressure drops but above all increase the exchange between the two flows because more friction...

Good luck to you.
1 x
unnovice
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by unnovice » 26/01/22, 08:34

Hello

Thank you for your answer.
0 x
Hellium23
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by Hellium23 » 14/06/22, 11:44

Re unearthing of the unearthing hihi.

Back after. Many years or I followed the 1st message of this post, in the meantime purchase of a double flow zender, and of course opening in observations of its composition.... Not disappointed.... I still have some hard to sit down....

Exchanger: alveolar plate type site panel... Sisi... Sisi :|

Two small snail fans between / out controlled by a basic manager easily achievable in Arduino.....

An aluminum box with two electric rows....
In short, not even a piece of aluminum in the exchanger and yet a PHI yield (German standard and not the NF. Look at the calculation basis between the two, you will understand)

At Paul, the heat exchangers are simply made of aluminum square tube....

See you
0 x
jean.caissepas
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by jean.caissepas » 14/06/22, 23:49

Hellium23 wrote:Re unearthing of the unearthing hihi.

Back after. Many years or I followed the 1st message of this post, in the meantime purchase of a double flow zender, and of course opening in observations of its composition.... Not disappointed.... I still have some hard to sit down....

Exchanger: alveolar plate type site panel... Sisi... Sisi :|

Two small snail fans between / out controlled by a basic manager easily achievable in Arduino.....

An aluminum box with two electric rows....
In short, not even a piece of aluminum in the exchanger and yet a PHI yield (German standard and not the NF. Look at the calculation basis between the two, you will understand)

At Paul, the heat exchangers are simply made of aluminum square tube....

See you

I have a Zender for 6 years at home. It's expensive, but the heating savings and comfort (less outside noise, less dust, fewer mosquitoes, cooler kept longer in summer, humidity neither too high nor too low, very good heat distribution from the stove throughout the house = no electric heater...) do not make me regret this purchase.

Well you have to have the budget (VMX + piping + distributors + installation) which was 10 k€ for 109m2 in 2015-2016.

I had the means to invest at the time and I did so because my income will drop in retirement while the energy will continue to increase...
Planning for the medium to long term allows you to live serenely without fearing the next day.
Death, serious illnesses happen no matter what you do... on the other hand, you can try to live well beforehand without tempting the devil too much...

Physical goods are less likely to fly away than heaps of electronic or paper money...
I therefore think that the investments that make me reduce my bills are the most profitable because they are currently not taxable (to do with the future pouritic...)

But hey, I heat myself to 21-22° in winter in the living room-kitchen for 200 € a year (pellet stove). I'm not going to complain.
0 x
Past habits must change,
because the future must not die.
worth
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by worth » 11/11/22, 09:38

Hi everybody
super interesting post, Mich's exchanger is interesting but these explanations on the sizing are not very explicit.
If any of you had some low power engine refs that could do the job.
0 x

Return to “Your technical assemblies, DIY, innovations and self-construction: making an object or an installation”