VMC: catcher manufacturing dual-flow heat

Present your DIY projects, your new technical ideas, your innovations to test or your self-construction work. Because doing it yourself is often more economical and can be more efficient.
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 11/01/12, 23:42

it's simple

against current = 2eme parrallel flow 1er is in reverse
current co = 2eme parrallel flow 1er is in the same direction
= 2eme cross flow across the first

impossible to be both across and PARALLEL!
0 x
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 11/01/12, 23:57

le
against current = 2eme parrallel flow 1er is in reverse

is the only one that provides a very low T difference between the input and output stream to each end of the exchanger.
Otherwise instead of 1 90 ° C to 95% efficiency, we 10 50% ° C max.

The condensations are very important, if the double flow VMC is useful and low, with a house under occupied, it is also simple almost no ventilation.
0 x
grami49
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by grami49 » 14/01/15, 12:32

Hello everybody!

@Flytox: could you give us a little feedback on your "homemade" exchanger coupled with 2 classic single flow CMVs (see page 4 of this topic)

Indeed, I am greatly interested, as I recover an interchange without engine!

I thought the simple flow time that motorization vmc: extraction and blowing, but I have doubts about the final flow (pressure drop).
0 x
grami49
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by grami49 » 14/01/15, 20:41

For those interested, here are 2 photos of the exchanger that I recovered: it is an Aldes E150H (it is late 1999).

After a good cleaning and some changes: improving the extraction of condensate, heavy insulation of the box, passing mouths 125mm (150 now) sealing and installation of a filtration system.
I think I can do some thing not too bad :D (And that it was going to end in the bucket ...)

It just that I find fan motors that could be the case not too expensive!
And it is on that point that I dry a bit .... torin fan, centrifugal-type RVK UFO 125, simple flow Vmc or others? :|
0 x
Flytox

by Flytox » 14/01/15, 21:54

Hello grami49

@Flytox: could you give us a little feedback on your "homemade" exchanger coupled with 2 classic single flow CMVs (see page 4 of this topic)

Sorry to disappoint you but I never finished the realization.
Due to lack of time / change of priority, I left the box with its "plastic" exchanger to wait a few months in the attic and critters came to nest in it ..... the exchanger is immeasurable to clean properly and very fragile : Cry: Such small holes, it's not a good plan for cleaning and loss ....

Meanwhile I saw other achievements ..... for me to realize that what I had planned for the condensate management was very inadequate .... : Cry: It was going right to the wooden box that rots because it can not fully evacuate the fleet.

The project stopped there, because everything had to take over and lack of time (too competitive with my Pantonisations). : Cry: : Mrgreen:

Since I recycled a VMC to blow the house (single feed use) and another to blow air out behind the wood burner to blow warm air into the room, instead of making a return current of cold air at doors.

Citrus must have some ideas on the subject ....
0 x
Reason is the madness of the strongest. The reason for the less strong it is madness.
[Eugène Ionesco]
http://www.editions-harmattan.fr/index. ... te&no=4132
I Citro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by I Citro » 14/01/15, 23:55

It's original and it's you, grami49Who masticated mounting of the exchanger. :?:

Normally, a heat exchanger must be easily removable for maintenance. :?
My VMC Helios, strips of coated foam seal or felt realize the seal between the casing and the heat exchanger while facilitating its removal for inspection and cleaning.

The VMC Hélios is fitted with 2 G4 filters and one F7 "anti pollen" filter which effectively protect the exchanger from fouling but must be replaced at least twice a year depending on the environment and the air quality.
I posted on the forum pictures of my new and dirty filters. : Shock:
It should be noted that the filter which shows the indoor air is much dirtier than that processes the outside air before blowing. The pollen filter clogs differently in different seasons ... but it is not pretty either.

I am at your disposal for questions. : Arrowl:

FlytoxDo not hesitate to tell me if you go through Bordeaux, we do a little chat, that's a long time. : Mrgreen:
0 x
grami49
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by grami49 » 15/01/15, 09:19

Hello,

Flytox thank you for your answer. :D

@Citro: Regarding the putty is original! Besides, I struggled to open it .... without breaking anything.

This is an exchanger to 16 years now, and at that time it was rare filtration. Looking at the docs on ALDES VMPH, filtration was optional. : Shock:

Of course, I tried to improve everything here and to have an easily accessible exchanger for maintenance and properly filtered upstream and downstream. (Hood style hinged, gasketed and filter media).
There is room, here should.

Where it gets stuck for me is the choice of fans. I started on centrifugal duct fans (of the Ovni Prima Klima style in 125mm and 2 speeds 220 and 320 m "/ h).

But I wondered why not use just me 2 single self-adjusting flow classics vmc (found for € 40 in GSB)? or to my question Flytox.

Does the loss of network load (length sheath, filters) is not likely to be too large for conventional vmc, and I might find myself with no outlet flow rate of blowing mouths?

What scares me with the centrifugal extractor type fans, the risk here is a little too powerful and even 220m3 / h breathed the flow is too strong and too loud bang ....
Or it must regulate, but a single drive does not seem suited me frankly: at some engine starts bourdonner.L'idéal would be a floor dimmer / transformer, but the price scares!

Do you have any experiences or information on it :?:
0 x
me
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by me » 15/01/15, 10:13

grami49 wrote:Does the loss of network load (length sheath, filters) is not likely to be too large for conventional vmc

Hello,

it is mainly responsible for the loss of your exchanger and the filters that should not be overlooked.

the advantage of self-adjusting vmc is that the flow rate is constant. but if the pressure drop is high, you're going to eat a lot. and if it is too high it will not work.
if you do not have the loss of the exchanger load, it remains that you test to find out.

In my double flow, the self-adjusting vmc are sufficient yet my exchanger made 70m². With the years and fouling the circuit, my system power consumption has increased my motor compensates for the increase of pressure loss due to clogging.

in conclusion I think it will work for your air exchanger to have a significant cross-section so little loss.
0 x
I Citro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by I Citro » 15/01/15, 11:29

Here we are grami49, You just put your finger on what makes the quality of a VMC double flow ...

VMC HELIOS I cost an arm (3000 Euro just for the plant and for both the duct system and mouths, I did pose myself), but the quality of implementation shows the importance of design...
The engines are centrifugal fans DC, very high efficiency and controllable speed on 8 levels and very quiet.

I can also put my housing in pressure (or vacuum) by the differential control each motor, which is currently my case as I have not replaced my woodwork by more waterproof models.
0 x
grami49
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by grami49 » 15/01/15, 15:15

And yes, Citro, I know there is a great difference of design and quality, but here at a price.

Just look at the GSB vmc DF sold at € 499 ... here'd hate .... plastic housing, no insulation, waterproofing nonexistent, G3 filter a little thin, clip attaches very fragile lid, condensate evacuation more than doubtful ... and worse, with cross flow exchanger performance 60% sold as high yield!

But since I do not have the means ... Bright DIY: cheesy:

@Mich, you reassure me :D so I pass to practice!

This weekend I'll do the test with a single stream to see.
My exchanger making 15m², here might.
0 x

Return to “Your technical assemblies, DIY, innovations and self-construction: making an object or an installation”