Transform a freezer into a fridge easily?

Help and advice for all work carried out in self building and presentation of your work DIY or self-build. Because making oneself is often econological but beware overconfidence!
Flytox

Re: Turn a freezer into a fridge easily?

by Flytox » 22/10/17, 23:19

I put the probe in a piece of sheath and all stuck on the wall with a piece of adhesive and it does not trigger any more when you open the door.

Indeed it is more successful than my "flying" assembly. 8)

code: Select all

Avec en plus un peu d'isolant, on doit encore augmenter l'hystérésis.

I am not sure that this is going in the right direction. With my 2 ° C hysteresis, the time between 2 successive start-ups is really long, the compressor runs for a long time to catch up with the temperature, behind the fridge, the coil becomes very "hot". Not sure this equates to a good overall return compared to shorter cycles.
0 x
Reason is the madness of the strongest. The reason for the less strong it is madness.
[Eugène Ionesco]
http://www.editions-harmattan.fr/index. ... te&no=4132
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by izentrop » 22/10/17, 23:40

For a hysteresis adjustable from 0.1 °, there is the w1209 less than 2 € detailed in my previous message.
0 x
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 23/10/17, 13:16

do not count on the hysteresis to avoid the starting too frequent: it is necessary a thermostat which has a setting of minimum time of functioning, and minimum time of stop, indepandant of the hysteresis

adjust the hysteresis to the minimum, to have the maximum accuracy ... and the minimum time needed to protect the engine from the stunts too frequent
0 x
OlivierD
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by OlivierD » 27/11/21, 16:51

Hello
I dig up again but I just came back after several years of absence ...
the thermostat, at least the button is reminiscent of) a mechanical thermostat, old fashioned, just replace it not a universal model or even a refrigerator model of the same brand, for fridge, or even to adjust, there must be a small screw for this ..

olive
0 x
700W of PV in autoconso with tignous router ...
Permaculture cannot be improvised in 15 days, let's listen to Arthur Keller, and let's not forget to vote for the program that best defends our interests!