Project coupling solar water heater and wood stove

Present your DIY projects, your new technical ideas, your innovations to test or your self-construction work. Because doing it yourself is often more economical and can be more efficient.
jeanluc1102
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

Project coupling solar water heater and wood stove

by jeanluc1102 » 03/01/20, 14:22

Hello everybody
I plan to couple my 300-liter electric solar water heater with my wood stove; solar is very good when it is sunny !!! (long live Lapalisse) since we have rays sparingly I had the idea to go on a rocket stove to produce hot water which made me fault in the evening (currently I heat electrically from 3 to 6 in the morning to have 60 °); so a good diagram is better than a long speech:
0 x
jeanluc1102
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

Re: project coupling solar water heater and wood stove

by jeanluc1102 » 03/01/20, 14:37

sorry I can not insert the image, I go to the "attachments" tab, I click on "add files"; my file appears but then I block, can you explain the manipulation to me please
jluc
0 x
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sicetaitsimple » 03/01/20, 14:47

Then click on "insert in line".
And then you can click on "preview" to check.
0 x
jeanluc1102
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by jeanluc1102 » 03/01/20, 14:49

heater jpg.jpg
jpg heater

I think it's good there, the editing is simplistic but good ....
do you think this is achievable, pressure problem?
0 x
yves35
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by yves35 » 03/01/20, 15:00

Hello,

I think it's good there, the editing is simplistic but good ....
do you think this is achievable, pressure problem?

no you must not take energy from the heating pipe as this may cut the draft

yves
0 x
ignored: obamot, janic, guygadebois... air, air. We are not (yet) on Qanon Ben, if in fact
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sicetaitsimple » 03/01/20, 15:31

jeanluc1102 wrote:.... with my wood stove ....... I had the idea to go on a rocket stove in order to produce the hot water that I lacked ......

Sorry, it's not clear to me! Do you have an existing wood stove that you are using or are you planning to build a rocket stove (or any other type of wood stove)?
0 x
jeanluc1102
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by jeanluc1102 » 04/01/20, 05:47

yves35 wrote:Hello,

no you must not take energy from the heating pipe as this may cut the draft

Yves

hello Yves, I don't see how I can cut the stove draft], I use the heat that radiates all around the pipe, whether this heat heats a room (currently a guest room) or heats a coil copper in which water circulates I do not see or could be the problem ???

sicetaitsimple wrote:
jeanluc1102 wrote:.... with my wood stove ....... I had the idea to go on a rocket stove in order to produce the hot water that I lacked ......

Sorry, it's not clear to me! Do you have an existing wood stove that you are using or are you planning to build a rocket stove (or any other type of wood stove)? [/ Quote
hello is simple
I started at the beginning on this concept, but having a chimney flue 6 meters from my water heater which works during winter periods why not try to optimize the system, after I do not say if Yves who holds me the speech that I risk cutting the draft of my stove I can of course take this option.

to go further in my reflections: a bypass at the outlet of hot water with a non-return valve and a stop valve to go to the bottom of the coil the water having taken the temperature by convection or conduction comes out from the top coil passes through the DHW pump a non-return valve + quarter turn valve and on a nozzle at the inlet of the cold water filling of the tank. the pump is triggered by a temperature probe via an arduino.
jluc
0 x
A.D. 44
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

Re: Project coupling solar water heater and wood stove

by A.D. 44 » 04/01/20, 12:18

Hello,

Do you want to circulate the DHW (no second heat exchanger on your tank)?

What taps on your balloon accounts will you use to connect to your stove?
0 x
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sicetaitsimple » 04/01/20, 12:38

jeanluc1102 wrote: I don't see how I can cut the stove draft], I use the heat that radiates all around the pipe, whether this heat heats a bedroom (currently a guest bedroom) or heats a copper coil in which water circulates I do not see or could be the problem ???

OK, the stove and the flue are existing.

Regarding the risk on the draw, I think it is low if you do as you say (heat radiating). But the results are likely to be very low too! If you want a good exchange, there should be conduction between the duct and the coil (therefore contact) and convection (therefore a kind of isolated envelope around the "exchanger" part so that the entire surface of your coil is found in a warm atmosphere).
0 x
jeanluc1102
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by jeanluc1102 » 05/01/20, 08:43

sicetaitsimple wrote:
jeanluc1102 wrote: I don't see how I can cut the stove draft], I use the heat that radiates all around the pipe, whether this heat heats a bedroom (currently a guest bedroom) or heats a copper coil in which water circulates I do not see or could be the problem ???

OK, the stove and the flue are existing.

Regarding the risk on the draw, I think it is low if you do as you say (heat radiating). But the results are likely to be very low too! If you want a good exchange, there should be conduction between the duct and the coil (therefore contact) and convection (therefore a kind of isolated envelope around the "exchanger" part so that the entire surface of your coil is found in a warm atmosphere).

the envelope is already existing, that is to say that I pulled my chimney pipe from a double wall insulated smoke flue poujolat, I blew up the 1 st protective envelope with rock wool and I I find myself with the bare conduit (for info this conduit which passes in the room of 18m² when he was undressed had a temperature of 18 ° and now allows me to heat my volume 18 m² x 2,5 m height = 45 m3 to a temperature of 21 ° in 2 hours of heating : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen: ) to have a little more tangible data to feed this post I will order a laser thermometer in order to have temperatures at several levels, I will take some photos to decorate all this, I think that this system can be adaptable on n ' no matter what boiler. I have to think of load shedding in case the temperature would be too high (a good cast iron radiator ....)
jluc
0 x