Rocket stove with vortex

Present your DIY projects, your new technical ideas, your innovations to test or your self-construction work. Because doing it yourself is often more economical and can be more efficient.
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Rocket stove with vortex

by Ahmed » 11/08/18, 12:06

Le batchblock, evolution of batchrocket, seems a very interesting solution and a fairly easy implementation, because of the clarifications provided as to the best dimensioning to adopt. Its main attraction lies in the extensive testing it would have been subject to validate each aspect of its configuration. Its more compact and elegant shape makes it easier to integrate into the house.
This does not however condemn the classic rocket stove for uses other than housing.
1 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 05/11/21, 18:11

I put the direct link, because the presentation of the home page, does not allow easy access.

https://www.uzume.fr/batchblock

Making one on the basis of a standard model is a guarantee of safety. Because it is proven!

It is obvious that this is an area where it is dangerous to fumble around.
0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 05/11/21, 18:20

Yes thanks. Good idea! :P
In addition to the danger, it also represents a pooling of knowledge which avoids disappointments regarding the results obtained. If it is potentially dangerous to grope, it is also very time consuming and sometimes discouraging, especially when this project fits (sic!) Into a large building site, such as the construction or fitting out of a house.
1 x
GuyGadeboisTheBack
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by GuyGadeboisTheBack » 05/11/21, 18:26

Yes, it looks "a bit" like my German buddy's mass stove. In much less voluminous. Is there a function that closes the exhaust when there are only embers to keep all the heat inside?
0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 05/11/21, 19:04

A total closure would not be wise as long as there are embers: their combustion requires oxygen and in case of insufficient, would generate highly toxic carbon monoxide. This closure could only be imagined once the combustion is completely finished, to avoid a loss of calories through the chimney.
0 x
GuyGadeboisTheBack
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by GuyGadeboisTheBack » 05/11/21, 19:15

Ahmed wrote:A total closure would not be wise as long as there are embers: their combustion requires oxygen and in case of insufficient, would generate highly toxic carbon monoxide. This closure could only be imagined once the combustion is completely finished, to avoid a loss of calories through the chimney.

You know, Ahmed, it's never 100% waterproof, luckily.
0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 05/11/21, 19:19

Of course, but the argument also applies to the possible diffusion of CO gases towards the interior of the home and since, on the other hand, the production of CO supposes a minimum supply of oxygen ... : Shock:
In any case, I would like to build at least one of these days the metal part of a batchblock, but for the moment I have another project on the fire (+ the ordinary occupations of a retiree!) .. .
Last edited by Ahmed the 05 / 11 / 21, 19: 27, 1 edited once.
0 x
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sicetaitsimple » 05/11/21, 19:23

GuyGadeboisLeRetour wrote:
Ahmed wrote:A total closure would not be wise as long as there are embers: their combustion requires oxygen and in case of insufficient, would generate highly toxic carbon monoxide. This closure could only be imagined once the combustion is completely finished, to avoid a loss of calories through the chimney.

You know, Ahmed, it's never 100% waterproof, luckily.

One more reason! If it was 100% tight the embers burning would stop immediately. It is indeed combustion with an insufficient supply of oxygen that can cause significant emissions of CO.
0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 05/11/21, 19:29

Let's say that with a perfect seal the burning of the embers would stop quickly and generate very little CO ... But I completely agree with your second sentence.
0 x
GuyGadeboisTheBack
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by GuyGadeboisTheBack » 05/11/21, 19:50

Ahmed wrote:Of course, but the argument also applies to the possible diffusion of CO gases towards the interior of the home and since, on the other hand, the production of CO supposes a minimum supply of oxygen ... : Shock:

Hence the "fortunately".
Here, the stove at my friend's house looks a lot like this:
0 x