Rocket stove with vortex

Present your DIY projects, your new technical ideas, your innovations to test or your self-construction work. Because doing it yourself is often more economical and can be more efficient.
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Rocket stove with vortex

by Ahmed » 27/06/16, 21:18

turbo.JPG
Today, cutting of the connecting elements and especially of the tertiary air tube with tangential ejection, the centerpiece of this model (above): it is a 1 "1/4 tube cut * into two halves according to opposing generators, then reconstituted with an offset in the diametral plane to obtain two longitudinal slots closed by weld segments ** ... Then, start of assembly: all this looks quite well, with some inevitable adjustments ... (here The output curve of the focus and the entry into the "riser" is quite regular, "as on the plan"! 8)

Obamotit is true that in a properly insulated home, a mass stove is not really suitable! I understand your point of view ...

* For those who would be tempted by the "manipulation", it is necessary to arrange not to deform the tube during the cutting, therefore torch O / A proscribed! An angle grinder with a thin disc (1mm) is fine, but the plasma cutter is also suitable and goes faster ...
** Since it's a clean tube drop, welding is done at MIG, it's easier, faster and it's good for filling gaps.
Attachments
rocket3.JPG
0 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 27/06/16, 22:41

My current thoughts on heating equipment revolve around the EN 15205 standard (restitution period).

We have a fireplace that rises in temperature very quickly, but for a better size of eXergie, I have always thought that it was better to extend the restitution time. This is the reason why I am interested in hybridization: 1) we launch the initial outbreak with a fuel which costs almost nothing (dried sewage sludge, compressed bark, recovery of "disposable" pallets or that do I know) then once arrived at the climax, 2) it suffices to maintain and accompany the decrescendo of the temperature curve with another fuel which would then supply the fireplace continuously, but with little need for fuel (a bit like an airplane that burns a lot on takeoff, but much less at 12 m. 000) store this heat, which is somewhat the purpose of the mass stove. Which perhaps matches your point of view ...

And if that can help the reflection, here a "mutant" system between rocket, heating wall and general idea of ​​the principle of accumulation of a mass stove, but inside a wall enclosure (with temperature curves , gas output readings, modifications made to the furnace / system and visualization of changes on curves after transformations)
http://heatkit.com/research/2009/lopez-rocket.htm

From the same link, a rocket stove more rocket than mass stove, although ...
http://www.rocketstoves.com

(It looks like there are plans to download for a fortnight ...)

always drawn from the same link, here full of urf stuff to zinzins : Mrgreen: all more interesting than the others (arsonists refrain : Cheesy: ) http://mha-net.org/docs/v8n2/wildac09f.htm
0 x
Janic
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Janic » 28/06/16, 08:39

for the vortex, place a WITH it will be simpler! :D
0 x
"We make science with facts, like making a house with stones: but an accumulation of facts is no more a science than a pile of stones is a house" Henri Poincaré
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 28/06/16, 10:07

Some embodiments do indeed include deflectors at the base of the "riser", but these devices are quite difficult to determine as to their size and position (poorly located, they slow down the passage of gases), moreover, exposed to intense heat in a room. oxidizing atmosphere, they are quickly destroyed. My solution has the advantage of cooling the tubing which is supposed to (at least, I hope so! : roll: ) to provoke the vortex ... We should be quickly fixed on this point.
0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 29/06/16, 18:32

In the photo, construction of a hearth with air supply and welding of the tertiary air pipe on the bottom of the "riser".
Welding of all the remaining pieces and first test which reveals a flagrant error of execution: the sole too much limits the section of the hearth; in fact, this sole had been planned, but I did not take it into account when I sized the hearth ... : roll:
I removed the sole and the gas could take the normal circuit, with a bait vortex nice enough ... It will be necessary that I deepen my home to spare the place of the sole; for that, I will have to insert a flat iron on both sides ... I'm happy to have just pointed the angles!
Attachments
cendrier.JPG
0 x
sen-no-sen
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sen-no-sen » 29/06/16, 19:08

This device reminds me of turbovoile. :P
0 x
"Engineering is sometimes about knowing when to stop" Charles De Gaulle.
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 03/07/16, 20:47

So I would have seen a system with variable geometry (tube-in-a-tube or square section in a square section) so that you can change the length of the elements continuously, (until you reach the ideal proportions)

One thing I do not think is that the tube / vertical vortex located after the first horizontal combustion chamber (of parallelepiped shape) should come to connect / be located at the junction of the second stage of double combustion . Which means that the tube that you showed us would be the heart of the secondary system located inside the vertical combustion chamber, and which should therefore be more spacious to hold your tube and especially higher, that's it ?
0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 03/07/16, 22:45

It is true that an essential aspect is the respect of a certain proportionality of the sections and that my tertiary air intake tube impacts that of the "riser" ... I still have to rectify the situation regarding the question of the sole, then to redo a new combustion test. I saw a video which envisaged the same device, but did not maintain it: only the opening at the base of the "riser" is preserved, with an adjustment flap; to see, therefore, as soon as I have a moment, because I have to resume other work which suffered from these first tests ...

0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 09/08/18, 17:19

Small revival of the subject, here is a mini rocket stove cut sheet metal removable and light: https://aazzaa.de/outdoor/rocket-stove (for camping?)

rocket-stove.jpg
rocket-stove.jpg (119.59 KIO) Viewed 15935 times

ps: where is your Ahmed project?
0 x
xboxman4
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by xboxman4 » 11/08/18, 00:51

Christophe,

The rocketstove has been overtaken by the batchrocket:

http://uzume-asso.org/batchrocket.html