Making a mill plant for € 0

Help and advice for all work carried out in self building and presentation of your work DIY or self-build. Because making oneself is often econological but beware overconfidence!
PITMIX
Pantone engine Researcher

Making a mill plant for € 0

by PITMIX » 02/01/11, 12:31

Hello and happy new year to everyone.

I read the little adventure of Gegyx and its plant shredder from Emmaüs which reminded me of my little personal adventure.

2 years ago I bought a knife mill which I very quickly abandoned very poor in use and too noisy. He ended up on "the right corner".
I then had the idea to recycle my old mower at the end of its life (veiled propeller) to make a super vegetable boyeur. 8)

I dismantled the engine and the propeller that I fixed upside down at the bottom of a bin (engine at the bottom and propeller inside).
I replaced the cover and made a hatch to insert the plants in small quantities without opening the cover.
Subsequently I fixed the bin on the mower to have a rolling machine.
ADVANTAGES :
Very quiet machine, it can rotate continuously without disturbing the neighbors.
Large tank capacity.
Price in my case 0 € but otherwise less than 50 € with new stuff.
DISADVANTAGES:
Weak engine in the case of my mower.
Therefore impossible to put motor plants at a standstill and it does not accept branches above 1cm in diameter.

0 x
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 02/01/11, 17:02

Très bien, but a bit weak because electric (changing the capacitor gives torque), and it lacks security with the dustbin cover, possible using the safety of the handlebars of the mower connected to the cover.

Otherwise, it happened to me to grind with my mower with unchanged petrol engine, at the place, simply by placing it gently running on a pile of plants at the bottom of a hole which blocks the ejection of the pieces !! !!

I agree, knife crushers, noisy, are an ineffective and annoying crap, except very expensive.
The roller mills are much better, even at 160 € like the one I bought.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 02/01/11, 18:30

Good idea thank you Pitmix but not to put in all hands ... security question! And especially to store in the shelter of children !! (imagine the equation: crusher + sadistic or curious child + 1 cat .... splasch!)

ps: it also blender? : Cheesy:
0 x
aerialcastor
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by aerialcastor » 02/01/11, 18:44

Not sure the cat can put the child in the trash and start the machine ... : Cheesy: : Cheesy:
0 x
Save a tree, eat a beaver.
It is no use to succeed in life, what it takes is to miss his death.
Flytox

by Flytox » 02/01/11, 20:23

Great Pitmix idea 8)

You could perhaps make an option with a side exit to eject the chips (at the propeller). I guess when the chip level rises too high, all the power is used to spin them instead of continuing to cut "calmly". :P
0 x
Reason is the madness of the strongest. The reason for the less strong it is madness.
[Eugène Ionesco]
http://www.editions-harmattan.fr/index. ... te&no=4132
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 02/01/11, 22:21

"The child is a kind of vicious dwarf, of an innate cruelty, among whom immediately find the worst features of the species, and whose domestic animals turn away with wise prudence."

says Mr. Houellebeck in "the possibility of an island"!
0 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."
oli 80
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

system D review

by oli 80 » 02/01/11, 22:38

Good evening, at the time when I was in the hospital, there was no internet, my father always bought me D system magazines
it goes back to 98, I had seen several plans of plant shredders, too bad I no longer have these reviews

their site is really m ....
we no longer find the old articles on these artisanal crushers
pity
Last edited by oli 80 the 03 / 01 / 11, 22: 04, 1 edited once.
0 x
PITMIX

by PITMIX » 03/01/11, 20:57

The safety of the cover is the next step but in the meantime I left the safety contact on the handlebars. For children it is dangerous but there comes education (we will talk about it in 2 or 3 years. : Lol: )
0 x
Flytox

by Flytox » 03/01/11, 21:02

PITMIX wrote:The safety of the cover is the next step but in the meantime I left the safety contact on the handlebars. For children it is dangerous but there comes education (we will talk about it in 2 or 3 years. : Lol: )

Children are stump stump ......

0 x
Reason is the madness of the strongest. The reason for the less strong it is madness.

[Eugène Ionesco]

http://www.editions-harmattan.fr/index. ... te&no=4132
Christophe

by Christophe » 04/01/11, 00:06

0 x