Design idea for my future ecological home

Present your DIY projects, your new technical ideas, your innovations to test or your self-construction work. Because doing it yourself is often more economical and can be more efficient.
maisonenterre
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Design idea for my future ecological home

by maisonenterre » 18/02/18, 13:21

Hello,
I had a question about the construction of the structural work of my future home.
I have made a diagram below of the different components of the structural work.
Here is their dimension:
There would be 30 cm Hedgehog, 3 cm sand bed, 20 cm concrete slab, 20 cm insulation: cork, 5 cm lime screed, 20 cm lime + stone, the wall in bag Earth (eco dome) would 25 cm wide, the outer insulation would be composed of 2 straw bales of 35 cm each, so this makes us 70 cm of insulation outside, the lime plaster would make 5 cm, and on this coating I would place terracotta tiles to protect the insulation from rain
Each side of the straw bales will be glued to the lime-sand-soil coating, it will be the same for the bags of earth outside. The straw boots will thus "stick" to the walls and between them to keep together.
The hedgehog will stop at ground level.
The base would be composed of the concrete slab, it will be 20 cm of pure soil avoid rising moisture. A lime-stone mix of 20 cm high will be laying down the house to avoid too much moisture.
Is there a risk that the concrete slab will freeze or crack? The level of the slab has 20 cm from the ground will prevent moisture from rising by capillarity in the insulation? Since everything was done to keep the insulation dry, the mixture Chaux-Pierre will be placed against the 30 polyane film cm high on the sides of the straw boots.
Humidity rising to ground level, it will be slowed thanks to the Hedgehog, arrived at it, moisture will be stopped by the concrete slab, and will go to the side of the slab that are Earth, moisture will return to the Earth along the concrete slab. I made a concrete slab longer than anything else so that moisture does not get into the insulation. In addition, the PVC floor is not afraid of moisture, the ambient humidity of the straw will be stored by the wall and redistribute inside the house, the lime coating covering the straw will regulate its moisture and Tile roofing prevent the lime plaster from getting too wet. This will keep the straw dry. I realized this because I did not want a thermal bridge, the cork insulation will be surrounded by polyane and will be against the straw, thus creating complete insulation. The straw will itself be protected by a polyane film covering 20 cm side of it. Thus, the outer insulation would have an 11 R and the ground insulation would have an 5 R. Is it sufficient ?
R = 0,20m / 0,04 (cork) = 5
R = 0,35mx2 (0,70m) / 0,065 = 10,77
The presence of a French drain next to the concrete slab will allow soil moisture to flow into the drain. Should we space the slab of the drain?
With all these precautions taken, what do you think of my achievement?
We look forward to seeing you!
maisonenterre
outdoor insulation.PNG
outdoor insulation.PNG (210.77 KIO) Viewed 4208 times
plan of the carcass.PNG
plan of the carcass.PNG (119.37 Kio) Consulted 4208 times
1 x