Fresnel lens, recovers in an old flat TV

Help and advice for all work carried out in self building and presentation of your work DIY or self-build. Because making oneself is often econological but beware overconfidence!
Christophe

by Christophe » 23/04/10, 09:32

Remundo wrote:If you knew Christophe the material that the EN discards after having bought it above the price :? I saw whole bins ...

I knew it (when it's "free" we pay less attention) ... and that's why I offered to get some back ...

It makes me a little : Cry: : Cry: : Cry:
0 x
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 26/04/10, 13:38

This subject had escaped me. Since we talked about it a lot in your thread on the parable. I think there is really a serious track in this area. It will be interesting to make comparisons (needless to say, it's in your plans, isn't it? : Mrgreen: )
0 x
sen-no-sen
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sen-no-sen » 26/04/10, 16:29

It would be interesting to know how much a small solar production unit would cost, using the principle of the parabola or the Fresnel lens coupled to a Stirling engine, and an IR detector.
Given the number of poles, lighting masts or roofs, such units could produce, with strong sunlight, a lot of energy .... good investors hi!
0 x
"Engineering is sometimes about knowing when to stop" Charles De Gaulle.
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 26/04/10, 16:48

When we talk about "choice of equipment", this is the point on which I tend to quickly put myself on the hind legs as an SME manager. : Mrgreen: Because once the investments have been made, we already speak of “equipment maintenance”. And in a way, very often of a "dependence" on the supplier.

In a society where everything becomes very complicated we have more time to devote to this. Marketers know this. But when we see that more and more users of renewable energy come precisely because they no longer want to depend on sprawling systems, that makes you think. We must therefore seriously study this point, to ensure success in promoting a given ENr capture mode, point probably just as important as the very choice of targeted technology, amha!
0 x
philgib
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by philgib » 26/04/10, 17:06

I played for 2 months with a 50 cm wide Fresnel lens ... Mind-blowing. Yes it crystallizes the cement in 2 seconds, yes it blows a bottle of dark beer in 5 seconds ... Even a friend welder succeeded in welding metal with it.

But by dint of playing with it, I had to lose at least 2 tenths in the eyes despite my sunglasses, and my eyes became hyper sensitive to ambient light. The resulting light that bounces off the ground or whatever from the lens doesn't hurt, like when there is an eclipse, but it is as strong as a welding light.

Conclusion: get a welder's mask before you are tempted to play with it, and also give it to your friends who are sure to watch you do it.

PS: it's very stupid but don't even think about transporting the naked lens in the car or storing it as it is, it sets everything on fire as soon as a ray of sunlight hits it : Mrgreen:

A word to the wise.
0 x
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 27/04/10, 13:03

Yes, make BABY, protect yourself!

I put it back in red:

philgib wrote:I played for 2 months with a 50 cm wide Fresnel lens ... Hallucinating. Yes it crystallizes the cement in 2 seconds, yes it blows a bottle of dark beer in 5 seconds ... Even a friend welder succeeded in welding metal with it.

But by dint of playing with it, I had to lose at least 2 tenths in the eyes despite my sunglasses, and my eyes became hyper sensitive to ambient light. The resulting light that bounces off the ground or whatever from the lens doesn't hurt, like when there is an eclipse, but it is as strong as a welding light.

Conclusion: get a welder's mask before you are tempted to play with it, and also give it to the friends who are sure to watch you do it.

PS: it's very stupid but don't even think about carrying the naked lens in the car or storing it as it is, it sets everything on fire as soon as a ray of sunshine hits it : Mrgreen:

A word to the wise.
1 x
Joh-One
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Re: Fresnel lens, recover in an old flat TV

by Joh-One » 23/01/17, 11:08

Hi everybody,
I am going to recover a 138 cm Thomson scenium TV by a friend to recover the fresnel lens and therefore I wanted to know if it contains one. Normally yes, but I don't know anything about it, I call on the medium screen pro. Thank you.
0 x
Do the maximum with the minimum.
OlivierD
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

Re: Fresnel lens, recover in an old flat TV

by OlivierD » 27/11/21, 17:01

Hello
in the same style, the first 40-inch plasma screens cost a trifle of 120000 francs .... and shortly before, I was laughed at by the salesman of the fnac to whom I had asked, during the appearance flat screens for the computers if they had a flat screen TV for the caravan ...

olive
1 x
700W of PV in autoconso with tignous router ...
Permaculture cannot be improvised in 15 days, let's listen to Arthur Keller, and let's not forget to vote for the program that best defends our interests!