Self-construction burner pellet REPLICA

Present your DIY projects, your new technical ideas, your innovations to test or your self-construction work. Because doing it yourself is often more economical and can be more efficient.
billybob06110
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

Re: Self-construction burner pellet REPLICA

by billybob06110 » 14/02/18, 23:55

Good evening,

I just received my flame detector.
that's it...
In 12V with a relay NO / NF output and it detects a lighter flame under artificial light 15 cm ... the sensitivity is adjustable!

The first tests of that I received the candles ordered ..
.. to be continued...
Attachments
flame detector.jpg
flame detector.jpg (437.31 KIO) Accessed 11398 times
0 x
olives55
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by olives55 » 19/02/18, 17:48

Good evening, congratulations on the discovery of the pieces. As for the fact that I bought the tubes, I found a boiler blower with oil and I have to find the resistant ones to heat the olive cake.
1 x
BP86
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by BP86 » 24/02/18, 21:16

Good evening to all so a little News,

I still made changes on the burner, Finally I gave up the previous version with the pellet receptacle and the small auger in the square tube because I had smoke rising.

So Here is the "Final" Version on the Principle that I adopt:
240201.jpg
240201.jpg (112.96 KB) Viewed times 11027

240202.jpg
240202.jpg (100.04 KB) Viewed times 11027

240203.jpg
240203.jpg (115.24 KB) Viewed times 11027

240204.jpg
240204.jpg (110.98 KB) Viewed times 11027

So after a first test with fairly wet pellets just to push the test with smoke, no rising smoke, which is even incredible is because of the elbows on the intake and injecting air into it blows too much into the intake the remaining pellets in "levitation" (I must adjust the amount of air injected into the intake)

As a result, the design of the thing remains on one side, I have an "air" aluminum tube, no need to buy it but in black painted pvc that would be good too, I specify in the current state of things:
- No heat transfer in the admission
- No Smoke Escape
-> therefore no need even for a "high" temperature probe for the backfire control

Also for those who throw this project :PFor me it's the trick of injecting air into the inlet (to be expected in a more discreet way from the design)
: roll: and you will understand by working on it and watching all the videos, all forums, Dédé did not tell you everything or rather show it off, it was my little parenthesis

Next following finance stage boiler burner support and then probes (burner control casing boiler chimney)
2 x
billybob06110
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by billybob06110 » 25/02/18, 12:26

Congratulations for finding a solution!

Indeed it is a relentless logic!
By cons how do you regulate the flow so that the air propels the pellets farther into the combustion chamber ??? how do you share the volume of air between the direct flow and the injection in the pellet inlet ??

Do you think we can consider an air intake only in the intake of pellets to make everything in one ??

I wait for my spark plugs to make the first tests knowing that I intend to leave an old gas burner that will provide me with ventilation ...
1 x
billybob06110
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by billybob06110 » 25/02/18, 23:26

re,

I had found a spanish who started a few years ago by converting a fuel burner into a pellets burner.
And I decided to adopt his ash removal system (he pushes the ashes mechanically outside the burner ...)

It seems that his system, by supplying the back and not from the top, and venting by the side in a single conduit, avoids the problem that you have been confronted with ...

To meditate blow I will rethink my project because my gas burner that serves as a basis will allow me a supply AND ventilation by the center while leaving me room for a decendering as his ...

... to be continued....
0 x
BP86
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by BP86 » 27/02/18, 13:43

Bjr,

Yes this system I had already seen, me as I will burn that pellet cleaning compressed air at the end of the cycle will do very well

Regarding "a single admission" single pellet and air it must be playable -> the whole thing is that each air and pellet element is in the right place

"To think about it suddenly I will rethink my project because my gas burner which serves as a base will allow me a power supply AND a ventilation by the center while leaving me the place for a ash removal like his." yes and do not forget also the ignition has stuck in all this
0 x
BP86
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by BP86 » 02/03/18, 20:06

Good evening,

So I try to cogitate on how to fix the burner on the boiler

02031.jpg
02031.jpg (167.94 KB) Viewed times 10678

02032.jpg
02032.jpg (173.43 KB) Viewed times 10678

Forcing in my case more problematic on the fact that it is a door of hearth "plate" (not on hinge)

the idea of ​​solidariser the burner and the plate all on roulette because one must think about the cleaning
I give you bulk constraints, state of the situation or solution that I find because precisely if you have ideas I'm interested:
studs 8mm saw the burner's weight and the plate not beefy enough
roulette with guide rail
small re-aggregation
nozzle about 24cm there, I think 8 cm will be inside the focus
(pay attention to the OSB flange it is to make me a template)
2 x
billybob06110
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by billybob06110 » 04/03/18, 19:48

Bonsoir
Yes not bad the idea of ​​a rail ..

Personally I have already tinkered with stakes roasting (the green stakes T), it is cheap and super rigid ...
They are cut obliquely on the foot of the T to bend them at right angles to fix one side on the door .. then you weld a piece between the two rails to stiffen, block the gap and lay on the ground in one place (not need to reassemble ..) and you use plastic wheels with rubber band in all casto that will roll inside the T on the stakes ..

Does your burner on trolley in rails .. :-)
0 x
billybob06110
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by billybob06110 » 11/03/18, 22:51

Hi,

I put you the pictures of my burner face .. back and with the cast iron pipe that will serve as my home ...
Attachments
BURNER WITH TUBE.jpg
BURNER FACE ARRIERE.jpg
BURNER FACE ARRIERE.jpg (427.92 KIO) Viewed 10466 times
BURNER FRONT FACE.jpg
BURNER FACE AVANT.jpg (347.52 KIO) Viewed 10466 times
0 x
billybob06110
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by billybob06110 » 12/03/18, 01:33

re,

As I told you, I received the various parts ordered, including spark plugs and a spare part normally part of a hot air scrubber CI ... that is to say that ...Image
The advantage is that it is ventilated with a small fan 24 v .. and resistance in 220 ...
So I run 50 heating and then cut 17s .. then 50 dry .. then 17 cut and 50 heating and 17 cut 3 programmed cycles .. Until then it is still lit .. as soon as the flame appears my flame detector cuts the 220 which feeds the resistance but against the built-in fan continues to turn during 500 dry to cool the bagpipe ...
Suddenly the resistance rises in temperature in several times .. cooled regularly which allows me to imagine a longer life .. (I already have two reserve order to 7 € both ..)
The other thing is that the built-in fan activates the flames strongly .. and I can then order the start of the main fan and the pellets supply in normal mode by the flame detector. ..
I made you a video there ...

Next step mount the auger and igniter in the burner ...
Being in the south .. for me the main problem is the rehearsals forcing because the boiler will not be able to turn very long but it will be necessary that I stay beyond the dew point ... so necessarily many ignitions .. .
.... To be continued...
0 x