The speed of light may be exceeded ..

General scientific debates. Presentations of new technologies (not directly related to renewable energies or biofuels or other themes developed in other sub-sectors) forums).
User avatar
Grelinette
Econologue expert
Econologue expert
posts: 2007
Registration: 27/08/08, 15:42
Location: Provence
x 270

The speed of light may be exceeded ..

by Grelinette » 27/09/11, 20:48

http://www.maxisciences.com/vitesse-de-la-lumiere/decouverte-inattendue-de-particules-qui-depassent-la-vitesse-de-la-lumiere_art17193.html

The possibility of a speed greater than that of light has already been mentioned on this site.
This information, if it is confirmed, will it upset certain things, and starting with what in your opinion? ...
0 x
Project of the horse-drawn-hybrid - The project econology
"The search for progress does not exclude the love of tradition"

moinsdewatt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert
posts: 5111
Registration: 28/09/09, 17:35
Location: Isére
x 553

Re: The speed of light may be exceeded.

by moinsdewatt » 27/09/11, 20:54

Grelinette wrote:http://www.maxisciences.com/vitesse-de-la-lumiere/decouverte-inattendue-de-particules-qui-depassent-la-vitesse-de-la-lumiere_art17193.html

The possibility of a speed greater than that of light has already been mentioned on this site.
This information, if it is confirmed, will it upset certain things, and starting with what in your opinion? ...


It will not change our everyday life in the medium term.

On the other hand, the science fiction and cinema authors of SF will give themselves to heart.

As we do not know how to manipulate neutrinos, it is a discovery that will not change much, like the discovery of exo planets
In 1 month everyone (except the scientists concerned) will have forgotten this news.
0 x
User avatar
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert
posts: 6646
Registration: 28/07/06, 21:25
Location: Charleroi, center of the world ....
x 6

by elephant » 27/09/11, 22:33

In this regard, a few days ago an Italian minister made the galaxy howl with laughter, congratulating herself that Italy participated in the 300 km tunnel which links the collisonneyr of Cern hadrons to the implantation of Grand Sasso where is the detector.

A tunnel that does not exist, of course! Neutrinos don't need it : Mrgreen:
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be
Christophe
Moderator
Moderator
posts: 72634
Registration: 10/02/03, 14:06
Location: Greenhouse planet
x 8072

Re: The speed of light may be exceeded.

by Christophe » 27/09/11, 22:36

moinsdewatt wrote: In 1 month everyone (except the scientists concerned) will have forgotten this news.


Uh yes ... but like many most "news" it seems to me ...

I believe that the principle of news is to quickly become old news! : Cheesy: : Cheesy:
0 x
Do a image search or an text search - Netiquette of forum - Support the forum doing Useful shopping
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert
posts: 9211
Registration: 16/01/10, 01:19
x 7

by dedeleco » 28/09/11, 01:41

I invite grelinette to read a little more about econology before creating a post that already exists on econology, with lots of precise explanation and the original articles !!!
The last 150 messages are very practical by clicking on them to find out !!!

https://www.econologie.com/forums/post212730.html#212730

It is a puzzle with already full of quantum explanations, even offered before the experiment !!!

Read the original articles indicated !!!
0 x

User avatar
Grelinette
Econologue expert
Econologue expert
posts: 2007
Registration: 27/08/08, 15:42
Location: Provence
x 270

by Grelinette » 29/09/11, 18:43

dedeleco wrote:I invite grelinette to read a little more about econology before creating a post that already exists on econology, with lots of precise explanation and the original articles !!!
The last 150 messages are very practical by clicking on them to find out !!!

https://www.econologie.com/forums/post212730.html#212730

It is a puzzle with already full of quantum explanations, even offered before the experiment !!!

Read the original articles indicated !!!


Rhâââ ... sorry, the subject escaped me!

I was so interested and surprised by this announcement that I did not think I looked in the posts already published.

On the other hand, it allows us to propose an idea to the econology site: to avoid duplicate subjects (which seems to happen quite often), perhaps before creating a new subject, a quick check on a keyword could warn that the same or a similar subject already exists ...
0 x
Project of the horse-drawn-hybrid - The project econology
"The search for progress does not exclude the love of tradition"
Christophe
Moderator
Moderator
posts: 72634
Registration: 10/02/03, 14:06
Location: Greenhouse planet
x 8072

by Christophe » 29/09/11, 21:24

We continue here: https://www.econologie.com/forums/tout-n-est ... 11134.html (to the nearest 24h, priority to the most advanced subject)

I lock this one.

Some forums have the function you describe Grelinette, but I find that this limits the creation of new subject and possible new ideas / debates that would not have taken place with this function.

It's good for forums much sharper (style on 1 motorcycle model ...) for forums more generalist I know not so judicious ...

Duplicate subjects are quite rare all the same ...
0 x
Do a image search or an text search - Netiquette of forum - Support the forum doing Useful shopping


 


  • Similar topics
    Replies
    views
    Last message

Back to "Science and Technology"

Who is online ?

Users browsing this forum : No registered users and 32 guests