CRISPR-Cas9, man GMO arrives, welcome to Gattaca !!

General scientific debates. Presentations of new technologies (not directly related to renewable energies or biofuels or other themes developed in other sub-sectors) forums).
steph_tsf
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic
posts: 4
Registration: 14/02/16, 18:28

Re:




by steph_tsf » 14/02/16, 20:18

simplino wrote:This is not a hypothesis, it is a scientific reality: we are formed to 8% of old retroviruses.
Few people realize the likely societal consequences of the CRISPR-Cas9 tool which allows us to optimize living things (including humans) in a routine way by editing DNA and RNA. The majority of people who understand the importance of the CRISPR-Cas9 tool, refuse to admit the fact that from now on, our relationship with nature is changing, and that by extension, our relationship with our own body (as an individual) is changing also. However, any new tool constitutes not only a factor of progress, but unfortunately also a new risk factor in terms of epidemiological accident and / or war. It follows that if humanity survives this new tool, it will claim a new status within the living. We must anticipate the fact that science discovers that the chromosomes of the living (I am not talking only of the human species) contain sections that program growth, maturity, senescence and death. We must anticipate the fact that human society opts for quality rather than quantity (demography). Can you imagine the implications, the risks of conflicts? We must anticipate the fact that human society opts for a considerable lengthening of the human life cycle (quasi-immortality). It is necessary to anticipate the fact that human society decides to institute a feedback at the level of human reproduction, in order to increase the propagation of the characters judged as positive, and in order to decrease the propagation of the characters judged as negative (eugenics). We must anticipate the fact that human society is extending such a process to the rest of the biosphere.

It is obvious to me that the only solution to avoid the generalized conflict, consists in the preparation horizon 50 years, of human communities wishing to live without attachment, in autarky as far as possible in space. It's that simple. Now that you know that, there is no point in trying to convince anyone. This airs the reflection.

Now watch. The CRISPR-Cas9 tool will inevitably be present in these “migrant” communities, who will see it not as a source of discord on earth, but as a tool to ensure survival and reproduction far in space. With this in mind, CRISPR-Cas9 will mainly be applied to optimize the production of food, reagents and energy. The optimization of man and eugenics will be practiced with full knowledge of the facts, the slightest error signing the death of the community. It's a good pledge, isn't it? Think about it. Think about the qualities of the communities that will have passed this ordeal. This dynamic is great.

In 100, 1.000 or 10.000 years, considering that this or that community deigns to take an interest in its cradle, it will take an attitude. The first major debate which will reign within this community, will be to decide whether or not it is necessary to be concerned with the state of the cradle, possibly considered as returnable packaging. There may be a schism at this level, the new community dividing into two branches (to be interested, or not to be interested). The second big debate which will reign within one of the branches, will be to decide whether or not it is advisable to intervene, and if necessary, which mix to use (meteorite, deluge, prophet, mutation). We can imagine the tensions that will reign as soon as the positions of each other are incompatible. Here too, there may be schisms. The space being virtually unlimited, new branches will appear and prosper each on their own, without conflicting.

It then becomes obvious that the closer you get to the cradle (the earth), the greater the danger of a clash. The cradle (the earth) is therefore not the best and most secure place in the universe. On a certain level, it is the worst place in the universe. This is what you have to realize, and keep in mind.

It is likely that such a process is cyclical. It is likely that some of our ancestors perceived scraps of it, interpreted in different ways.

I am well aware that such a dynamic does not explain the why of the how of the Grand Tout, at our level current. Don't ask for more. The day will come, that CRISPR-Cas9 will allow us to tinker with the machinery in us, which is in charge of time perception. It will then be the time to talk about it again, about this Great All, and the other Great Great All that eventually contains it - unless at such a level, concept no longer holds.
0 x

User avatar
sen-no-sen
Econologue expert
Econologue expert
posts: 6834
Registration: 11/06/09, 13:08
Location: High Beaujolais.
x 720

Re: Re:




by sen-no-sen » 14/02/16, 21:46

steph_tsf wrote: We must anticipate the fact that human society opts for a considerable lengthening of the human life cycle (quasi-immortality).


Hello stef_tsf!

We can unfortunately anticipate the fact that certain individuals opt for a longer life, even for a certain form of immortality.
Your fears are justified, because at the present time scientific discoveries and their techno-scientist exploitation are part of an all-powerful economism.
We can therefore predict that those who can afford it will live longer ... unfortunately, it is already half a truth when we see the differences between developing and industrialized countries.

It is necessary to anticipate the fact that human society decides to institute a feedback at the level of human reproduction, in order to increase the propagation of the characters judged as positive, and in order to decrease the propagation of the characters judged as negative (eugenics).


Eugenics already exists in a certain way, in particular when a fetus with the characteristics of Down's syndrome is discovered during an ultrasound and, very often, such a diagnosis results in an abortion, whereas Down's syndrome are completely viable and can be happy.

It is obvious to me that the only solution to avoid the generalized conflict, consists in the preparation horizon 50 years, of human communities wishing to live without attachment, in autarky as far as possible in space. It's that simple. Now that you know that, there is no point in trying to convince anyone. This airs the reflection.


In the 50 years it is utopian, no planet being habitable in the 10 light years around ... and I am very, very nice on the order of magnitude!
The scenarios interstellar is not about to arrive.
Everything must therefore be in place to ensure the protection of the biosphere.

In 100, 1.000 or 10.000 years, considering that this or that community deigns to take an interest in its cradle, it will take an attitude. The first major debate which will reign within this community, will be to decide whether or not it is necessary to be concerned with the state of the cradle, possibly considered as returnable packaging.


Humanity would have to survive this century already, and it is not won, especially with the danger posed by NBICs, of which CRISPR-Cas9 technology is a part.
The possible improvements in our cognitive capacities through the NBICs as on appeal the defenders of transhumanism may well cause our disappearance very quickly.
1 x
"Engineering is sometimes about knowing when to stop" Charles De Gaulle.
steph_tsf
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic
posts: 4
Registration: 14/02/16, 18:28

Re: Re:




by steph_tsf » 15/02/16, 00:41

sen-no-sen wrote:In the 50 years it is utopian, no planet being habitable in the 10 light years around ... and I am very, very nice on the order of magnitude!
At our current level, the planets must be considered as reservoirs of raw materials. The 50 years I am talking about is to establish human groups 1) sheltered from a planetary war from which humanity will not rise 2) sheltered from hostile atmospheres, storms and others climatic phenomena 3) well aware of the fact that conflicts lead to self-destruction. Open space is the best place. Not the planets. The planets are reservoirs of raw materials, period. It works well when a moon or an asteroid has hit said planet, because then all you have to do is use the rings of debris that form. You have to go to Saturn. It must be considered as a service station providential, and scrutinize everything that seems strange in the sector, in orbit. It is from this that the techniques of the future must be honed. Then, but it is more difficult, we must be interested in small moons, because they are more frequent than the rings, and that is what we have to count on in the long term. Landing on Mars is of little use. Anchoring on the moons of Mars to experiment with new iron and steel seems to me more useful. We will have to harness a lot of solar energy. When we manage to grow matter like we grow crystals, and that matter is enough for our survival, we will have reached a new stage of evolution. During the process, we will choose to rationalize our own biology, drastically limiting the number of components required. If in our body we can replace the metabolism of calcium, by a metabolism (which remains to be invented) of carbon, we will not hesitate to do so. Ditto the tissues, whose important differentiation will be reduced by opting for four or five materials targeting a function (transport of nutrition, transport of influx, transport of rejects, etc.). Delicate machinery like the human heart, which beats while contracting and expanding, made up of many different materials, will be replaced by a standardized, miniaturized device, which uses only standardized materials. Said core, installed in triple redundancy, will be regenerated by ad-hoc metabolisms, developed in parallel. Ditto breathing. Ditto bodybuilding. As far as food, digestion and nutrition are concerned, 80% of the current machinery will be used. We forget it too often, during the ages, a part of the digestive system of the Man became external to him, that is called a pot or a pan. Why then stop on the way? Let us assume once and for all that Man requires an external processor to feed himself, and we will be able to reform 80% of his internal machinery. Of what currently exists, we will keep only what is necessary to maintain the nerve impulse and the brain. Firstly. Because the time we understand how the brain works, the time we understand the ins and outs, we will rationalize everything that concerns it. You have to get used to it.

During this time, our "scientists" will never cease to wonder about bits of DNA code whose function they are unable to penetrate.
We imagine the experiences that will be necessary to explore this.
Each experience will require raising humans, educating them, teaching them to speak, so that we can account for what has changed. Some will be violent, others will be unintelligent, others will be brilliant, and still others will have surprising faculties, such as the faculties of certain autistic people. This can go as far as an altered perception of time and space leading to hypermnesia, precognition, schizophrenia, the will to commit suicide, the will to annihilate the world, etc. Not to mention the possibility of coming across DNA sequences which generate prophetic behavior, which tend to show that communication can be established between a Man and something else (assumption of God), or which tend to show that Man can to transform itself (Buddhist hypothesis). It will be beneficial to buckle up properly.
Ditto the experimentation on animals. Along the way, we will discover what is hidden behind what is modestly called instinct, and there too, it will be in your interest to buckle up properly.
When the removal of a particular sequence does not lead to anything measurable, the controversy increases.
Some would say that these sequences operate as plugs, as deformable bumpers, which are not used for protein synthesis, but which serve to protect certain fragile and / or important parts of the DNA code, located downstream or upstream.
Others will say that these are damaged vestiges, which can be removed without ulterior motives.
Still others will say that these are defense tools against situations that we have not yet faced, that it is important not to delete or edit.
You see in which debates we arrive ...

And we have not yet realized that we will reach this stage very quickly. It's for tomorrow !
In 2016, we are as if we had just invented the transistor in 1947, which trivialized electronics. It should be noted that in 1947, the transistor was not a revolution. Electronics existed long before him. For several decades, there was the vacuum tube on the basis of which we built telecommunication tools and computers, heavy, fragile and expensive. Before 1947, precursors of the transistor had been described, such as the field-effect transistor, considered as eccentric by the so-called "scientists" and / or victim of suppression by the producers of vacuum tubes. It is the same diagram as the CRISPR-Cas9 tool! There was nothing fundamental about the transistor, it was actually a trivialization tool, just as the CRISPR-Cas9 tool has nothing fundamental, being itself a trivialization tool.

The trivialization of electronics has initiated a succession of innovations in geometric progression. The industrialization of the germanium transistor begins in the early 1950s. Then there is the transition to the silicon transistor in the early 1960s (more robust, it holds the voltage better), integrated circuits in the early 1970s (around twenty transistors in each machine), microprocessors in the early 1980s (thousands of transistors in each machine), Windows PC and modem in the early 1990s (hundreds of thousands of transistors in each machine), internet and telephony mobile in the early 2000s (millions of transistors in each machine), mobile video and augmented reality in the early 2010s (billions of transistors in each machine). It follows that any civilized man is now 1) capable of communicating instantaneously with any other civilized man (abolition of barriers such as distance and language), and 2) capable of accessing universal knowledge through his mobile terminal. We can easily agree that what we are witnessing here is a significant increase in the faculties of the man in the street in 50 years (1947-1997), which accelerates over the following two decades (1997-2017) to the point to make the Man in the street, virtually omniscient ... but still deadly, and frankly unsuitable for his biotope.

I deduce that with regard to the CRISPR-Cas9 tool, within 50 years, therefore in 2066, there will be permanently in our body one billion tools derived from CRISPR-Cas, which increase in a way significant the faculties of the man in the street, it is still necessary to have a fertile imagination to dare to trace the new contours. Immortality and adaptation to the biotope will be the structuring themes. Whoever in 2086 will turn over the 70 years which preceded, will easily agree that the acceleration of the progress intervened on the last 20 years (2066-2086) transformed the Man of the street into another entity, virtually immortal , perfectly adapted to its new biotope (space), an entity which now considers the earth for what it is: a cocoon which must be discarded, which must be left behind.
0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert
posts: 11142
Registration: 25/02/08, 18:54
Location: Burgundy
x 1881

Re: CRISPR-Cas9, the GM man arrives, welcome to Gattaca !!




by Ahmed » 15/02/16, 10:54

It's a very linear vision of the future you have, Steph!
It is quite surprising that the difficulties facing humanity today are considered (and often by representatives of opposing currents) more difficult to overcome than the flight into space which would imply capabilities which we are very far from having, if as long as we have it one day.
However, if it is indeed unlikely that earthly problems will be solved, it is not for want of possibilities, and without the need for any technological innovation of any kind ...
It seems to me that this is a very common misconception, which consists in dreaming of re-greening the desert when one cannot help sterilizing agricultural land ... There is a flight towards the heroic accomplishment, to the detriment of these ecosystems on which we are dependent and perceived, therefore, as too trivial to merit our attention ...
0 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."
User avatar
sen-no-sen
Econologue expert
Econologue expert
posts: 6834
Registration: 11/06/09, 13:08
Location: High Beaujolais.
x 720

Re: Re:




by sen-no-sen » 15/02/16, 11:09

steph_tsf wrote:
sen-no-sen wrote:(...) Delicate machinery like the human heart, which beats while contracting and expanding, made up of many different materials, will be replaced by a standardized, miniaturized device, which uses only standardized materials. Said core, installed in triple redundancy, will be regenerated by ad-hoc metabolisms, developed in parallel. Ditto breathing. Ditto bodybuilding. As far as food, digestion and nutrition are concerned, 80% of the current machinery will be used. We forget it too often, during the ages, a part of the digestive system of the Man became external to him, that is called a pot or a pan. Why then stop on the way? Let us assume once and for all that Man requires an external processor to feed himself, and we will be able to reform 80% of his internal machinery. Of what currently exists, we will keep only what is necessary to maintain the nerve impulse and the brain. Firstly. Because the time we understand how the brain works, the time we understand the ins and outs, we will rationalize everything that concerns it. You have to get used to it. If Man succeeds, he is called to change to the point of becoming unrecognizable.


In short, transhumanism ... :|
When human beings have started to tinker with their genomes, we will sign our death warrant.
Each modification will lead to another, then another until, as you mention, arriving at an unrecognizable being.
One example among others on sexuation and sexual dimorphism: why would there still be men and women in such a world knowing that sooner or later reproduction can be achieved via machines (artificial uterus)?
Social transformations will be irreversible and will signal the end of humanity.
The transhumanist vision is completely naive because it extrapolates a fantasized vision of "augmented man".
Except technology has something Faustian, everything it gives on one side is taken from the other.
Any increase in our physical capacity will be at the expense of our freedom, in particular due to maintenance.

Another point concerning cognitive abilities, wanting to boost them again would be a mistake.
Homo sapiens has a externalized reflexive consciousness very developed in contrast to its internalized reflexive consciousness (subconscious) almost atrophied.
It is this particularity that has allowed us to develop the technology, but it is also that which has favored ultra-violent behavior due to the lack of empathy ... wanting to increase our cognitive capacities should logically lead to growth technological performance and competition ...

mobile video and augmented reality in the early 2010s (billions of transistors in each machine). It follows that any civilized man is now 1) capable of communicating instantaneously with any other civilized man (abolition of barriers such as distance and language), and 2) capable of accessing universal knowledge through his mobile terminal. We can easily agree that we are witnessing a significant increase in the faculties of the man in the street in 50 years (1947-1997),


Naive vision ... are schoolchildren smarter today than their parents or grandparents?
The internal contradictions in our societies, in particular via the NICTs, to be rather encouraged "the entertainment"that the increase in knowledge ... there is only to look at national education and its endless questioning of school programs.
I'm not even talking about the exponential loss of concentration of the young generations, which is however the engine of intellectual performance ...

Whoever in 2086 will turn over the 70 years which preceded, will easily agree that the acceleration of the progress intervened on the last 20 years (2066-2086) transformed the Man of the street into another entity, virtually immortal , perfectly adapted to its new biotope (space), an entity which now considers the earth for what it is: a cocoon which must be discarded, which must be left behind.


And why do all this?
The human will have effectively deserted the earth from his presence since he will have disappeared ...
0 x
"Engineering is sometimes about knowing when to stop" Charles De Gaulle.

steph_tsf
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic
posts: 4
Registration: 14/02/16, 18:28

Re: Re:




by steph_tsf » 15/02/16, 17:25

sen-no-sen wrote:And why do all this?
Because once acclimatized to space, Man can move forward, unhindered, without territory to defend. True freedom, it is there. Compare humans to animals. You will understand that the earth, for man, is only a resource that he must exploit to equip himself. Biologically speaking, animals are "finalized", I mean that an animal is unquestionably more successful than Man, in terms of survival. The Man as for him, is everything, except "finalized". Man, given that he is insufficiently equipped, constitutes a flexible and scalable platform. On earth, Man has become accustomed to being dependent on vital systems that he has created, such as water distribution, electricity distribution, housing, agriculture, livestock. It will be the same in space, that's all.
0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert
posts: 11142
Registration: 25/02/08, 18:54
Location: Burgundy
x 1881

Re: CRISPR-Cas9, the GM man arrives, welcome to Gattaca !!




by Ahmed » 15/02/16, 17:46

Distribution systems are "pipes", what passes through them comes from the natural environment; from this point of view, there is only a difference in degree from the other animals ... To extrapolate a very minimal form of independence from nature to conclude that there is a possibility of inter-galactic life is anything but legitimate.
To assert that a man is less "successful" than an animal in terms of survival is irrelevant: anthropogenic pressure on all environments and other species does not argue in this direction.
0 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."
User avatar
sen-no-sen
Econologue expert
Econologue expert
posts: 6834
Registration: 11/06/09, 13:08
Location: High Beaujolais.
x 720

Re: Re:




by sen-no-sen » 15/02/16, 21:19

steph_tsf wrote:
sen-no-sen wrote:And why do all this?
Because once acclimated to space, Man can move forward, unhindered, without territory to defend.


The human being, the landlord therefore, is not by nature "acclimatized" to space which is by definition devoid of climate ...
Adaptation to space can only be envisaged by means of a very large technological panoply which by nature restricts our freedom (it has only been observed by astronauts), or else by a total modification of our "body architecture".
Here, exit the biological manipulations of very little help in the space environment, and hello to the mechanical body ... can we then speak of human?
Obviously not.
What is more if I follow your logic, something that SF has done for a long time, one can imagine that the increase in travel capacities will actually lead to an increase in territories, which in the end only transposes the current problems to more large scales.

Biologically speaking, animals are "finalized", I mean that an animal is unquestionably more successful than humans, in terms of survival.


I see what you mean, but it would be more correct to speak of "vertical" vs "horizontal" evolution.
The term finality is a dirty word in scientific language, strictly speaking it has no end in evolution: as long as a biological structure can evolve it evolves.
However, it is this which has allowed the emergence of complex animals which are largely defined by their own culture.
It is for this reason that homo sapiens are not "finished", that is to say that they are not fully operational at birth (this is also the case in great apes, cetaceans and other).
There is no indication that life would reach a "programmed" end (fixism), the only end being that of the conditions for sustaining life in a given ecosystem.
In the traditions it question of the spiritual evolution of the man, qualitative jump rather than quantitative.
Apart from the model that you defend would tend to accelerate human evolution quantitatively through technology, I see for my part a beautiful pitfall and a mirror with larks!
It is in fact the technology that uses us to accelerate its evolution ... astronomical nuance! :(

On earth, Man has become accustomed to being dependent on vital systems that he has created, such as the distribution of water, the distribution of electricity, housing, agriculture, livestock. It will be the same in space, that's all.


It is an admission that even when going into space, our species, or rather what will remain of it will never be really free ... : roll:
1 x
"Engineering is sometimes about knowing when to stop" Charles De Gaulle.
steph_tsf
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic
posts: 4
Registration: 14/02/16, 18:28

Re: CRISPR-Cas9, the GM man arrives, welcome to Gattaca !!




by steph_tsf » 16/02/16, 04:11

In the future, ecology will be the cause of atrocious dogmatic conflicts. In the name of ecology, in the name of the balance of the biosphere, you will decide on quotas with regard to the birth rate, and with regard to access to vital resources. You, the ecologists, you constitute the largest herd of useful idiots, at the service of those who exploit the concentration of power and wealth. Your argument gives them arguments. The trajectory that you advocate is the worst one can imagine for humans.

You see that the resources of the earth are limited, while the human population is only growing, and that in addition to that, the claims of Man are only growing themselves. There is therefore a problem squared (the number and the claims). Everyone thanks the first generation environmentalists for pointing out and explaining this problem squarely, and for having illustrated the damaging consequences in a form intelligible to the man in the street.

Where your thinking starts to go wrong is when you keep quiet about the overcrowding, I mean various large regions of the world where the birth rate is frantic. There all of a sudden, there is radio silence, the ecological boo boo acts as if there was no problem. Over the years, our green boo has realized that he cannot improve his condition, he always consumes as much, he always wastes as much, and he pays more and more taxes. So faced with his own futility, the ecological bohemian sets in motion a process of compensation which allows him to keep a semblance of self-esteem, and which in addition to that, makes him appear as the best of men in the eyes of other men . He sends money, medicines, vaccines, coca-cola and cigarettes to these large regions of the world that constitute population bombs. And all this, by continuing to point the finger at overcrowding and overconsumption. These are the facts. It is irrefutable.

On the one hand, you want comfort and freedom, for yourself and for everyone here below. On the other hand, you know that a birth rate regulation, possibly manu-militari, is necessary to respect population quotas calculated according to local renewable sources, population pools by population pools. You are struggling in this moral problem, akin to that of the gardener.

You never asked yourself why we should preserve our biosphere.

Either you preach the status quo, and therefore, the more time passes, the more the rest of the world will assimilate you to the Amish community: living in a simple way away from the modern world.
Either you preach progress, evolution.
You answer me, avoiding the catch-all words that end in -ism.
Think with words, your own words, not with slogans.

You never wondered how you envision progress and evolution. You just take an attitude, in reaction to this or that. It's lousy.

Sooner or later, you will have to recognize that there is a force which pushes Man to extend its field of action, from the smallest (atomic theories) to the largest (cosmogonic theories). We can possibly deduce from this, that Man would no longer be Man, if you forbid him to practice this hobby. Along the way you will come to the conclusion that the biosphere is a matrix, a cocoon, which helps the full realization of Man. It seems obvious and natural to me, that Man must continue to draw from the cocoon, all that is necessary for him to be fully realized.

Electronics, which in 70 years spawned global telecommunications and instant access to information, has indeed transformed man. Man has thus grafted a synthetic member, a synthetic organ, dedicated to information. For the moment this transplant is partial, this synthetic organ being content to operate as an interface the eyes, ears, and fingers.

Now that the CRISPR-CAs9 tool is there (cf. genomics), it is important to anticipate how the genomic achievements will transform Man. Genomics will be deployed on three main axes: on the one hand, the regulation of the human birth rate, on the other hand, the optimization of living things (including Man), in particular with regard to Man, creation of more efficient interfaces than the eyes, ears and fingers, and finally, the substitution of natural organs by synthetic ones.

The regulation of the human birth rate will be practiced by the WHO (World Health Organization), knowing that the WHO is a specialized agency of the UN (United Nations Organization - Peacekeepers), mainly subsidized by the United States America, with the technical assistance of the United States Army, which will devote significant resources to developing all the necessary techniques, during the moratorium (in the form of an embargo) which will be decided on the CRIPSR-Cas9 tool. Take this for granted. Ask yourself how WHO will not be labeled a genocidal organization. So ask yourself who will play the role of the expendable pawn. The answer is obvious. "We" will create a deviant, radical ecological branch, easily identifiable and therefore easily condemnable, which will commit an abominable sin: that which will consist in inoculating the gene for the regulation of birth rates in a global manner. The sacrificial pawn will be the pharmaceutical company supposedly infiltrated by this deviant ecological branch, which produced such or such a vaccine purchased by such or such a department of the WHO. The pharmaceutical company will be found guilty, and dismantled, and its executives on the run. The WHO procurement department will be found guilty, and rather than dismantle it, it will be given more resources so that it can better control the products purchased. So simple!

The optimization of the living (including Man), and especially with regard to Man, the creation of interfaces more efficient than the eyes, ears and fingers, will be the responsibility of the industry. public. A worldwide body will be in charge of homologation.

It is from this sector that the first proposals for substitution of certain organs (heart, lungs, digestive system) will appear with their synthetic equivalents, internal or external, less costly, less hazardous and less disabling than medical treatments and transplants. .

Over time, we will come to practice substitution on all, from an early age. Why ? Because animal husbandry and agriculture, as we know it today, will appear outrageously immoral and inefficient.

It is at this point that we will begin to understand that space (space stations in the vacuum in zero gravity) has advantages, provided that we accept the fact that the survival of Man has always been, and will always remain dependent on a certain biotope. Space constitutes a simplified biotope, easy to grasp. In terms of the survival of the species, the compartmentalization that space brings is a factor of security. A space station that accidentally depressurises causes the death of all its occupants. But as this space station is independent of a multitude of others, located near or far, the disaster remains purely local.

Let this dynamic turn 50 years and you will see the contours of a virtually immortal neo-Man appear.
Put 20 more years, and all this will be an integral part of human society, everyone choosing to be equipped as well.

Consider the apartment towers in Dubai, so high that you lose track of the ground.
Remember the serenity that predominates, when you daydream by plane, looking at the clouds, despite the fact that the plane is a kind of cannonball that smashes the atmosphere. Now imagine yourself in a space station, floating freely in space.

I understand that the above words can shock, in the same way that I would have told you in 1947, on the occasion of the advent of the transistor, that thanks to him, in 70 years, everyone will have in their pocket a camera, radio, TV, audio recorder, video recorder, media library equivalent to 10.000 photos, 1000 books that can be read aloud by the machine, 100 large stereo audio discs and 10 large color films, a telephone, diary, address book illustrated with photos and films, a diary, a text translator, a multilingual translator, and in addition, instant access to a multitude of knowledge banks, and in more than that, the ability to contribute by sending photos, notes, comments, reviews, reviews, books, music, movies, all without borders, from any country to any countries worldwide, with a mem function global oration which means that a given content can be found and possibly edited from the words that describe it. All this comes at a price, which we fear to be exorbitant. In reality, the price of all this is around 10% of net income. Whoever earns 1.500 euros net per month, spends about 150 euros less on telecommunications.

Think analogously about the CRISPR-Cas9 tool. Draw the appropriate conclusions. And please, stop glossing using words that end in -ism. Think about yourself, just yourself, and just wonder what you want in there. Any other posture is a source of discord, even before opinions differ.
0 x
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert
posts: 10636
Registration: 17/03/14, 23:42
Location: picardie
x 927
Contact :

Re: CRISPR-Cas9, the GM man arrives, welcome to Gattaca !!




by izentrop » 16/02/16, 09:56

Masked preacher?
0 x


Back to "Science and Technology"

Who is online ?

Users browsing this forum : No registered users and 14 guests