Opinion on a renovation of a house for years 60

Help and advice for your real work in new or renovation, interior or exterior.
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 23/02/12, 15:17

Coati you break our feet at the end (to be polite ...).

Each time you came with the same approach:
1) You come up with fixed ideas on what you are going to do.
2) You ask us for our opinions to confirm you in the merits of what you have already decided de facto, but not because you are looking for a technical solution.
3) However, some people take the trouble to go out of their way and in your place to meet you as closely as possible to your needs, but you don't listen to them ...

And finally it's already been two or three times that you tell us that you're finished, but you raise each time problems for which we had already given you previous answers in the design philosophy that you did not believe good listen.

What are you doing here again, listening only to yourself ... :| : Lol:
0 x
Coati84
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Coati84 » 23/02/12, 15:39

Obamot,

Your gratuitous aggression is sickly and should deserve treatment other than nuisance and unnecessary messages on this post that I created. It seems to me that there is better to do in a day.
I think, on the other hand, that telling all of the questions leading me to carry out the renovation of a house from the 60s with technical and economic compromises can interest many people.

The problems I raise during the finishing phase of this renovation are all new. Concerning the treatment of 2 localized areas of house humidity, I obviously have no fixed ideas and am in the middle of an analysis before choosing a final solution.

Sincerely.
0 x
Coati84 - realization of a 40 m² wooden extension of my house: 2nd semester 2021
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 23/02/12, 16:32

Arffff, yes that's it, this is a “self-centered” case on Coati and his little person ... and that no ... it is to be feared that his repeated technical logorheas will not interest many people.

So necessarily point out to him "it's free aggression" as long as it does not flatter his ego ...

In short, I feel that in some time he will come to give his expert advice, with the charbia of which he is the only one to master the abstract convolutions (it's a compliment of course) : Cheesy: : Mrgreen:
0 x
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 23/02/12, 23:55

The more I go, the more I tell myself that your advice to achieve complete drainage is really the right solution

It is certainly to be achieved.

In my place I would have started with that, especially after 8 years as a tenant and this humidity, before any other work.

You can start gradually by digging in a place to see the depth, the difficulty, the flow of the water and by doing regularly a little by hand, 50cm, every day.
0 x
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 24/02/12, 05:01

Yes, it's never too late to do well ... put the plow in front of the horse : Mrgreen:

In this sense Coati is right for its thread, it can be useful to understand how not to make a renovation in reverse of common sense. : Mrgreen: : Cheesy:
0 x
bidouille23
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by bidouille23 » 29/02/12, 13:16

bday,

just a note on the drainage, here in the case of concrete block no problem for a drain near the wall, on the other hand, for houses with stone walls the drain should not be less than 1m, 2 to 3 m are well under penalty of drying the wall too strongly which would cause the crumbling of earth-based mortars in general.

If not for humidity, it must already be determined whether it comes from inside or outside;), the solutions to be provided are not the same ...

Ok, I'm going out
0 x
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 29/02/12, 13:37

... perfectly hack! And for a thread that was supposedly intended to benefit everyone, we are still waiting for a "Feedback" on polyurethane foam :?:

Finally, when I say we are waiting ... : Mrgreen: : Cheesy:
0 x
bidouille23
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by bidouille23 » 29/02/12, 13:49

re, polyurethane foam, the minimum for me and that in cases where we can not put anything else, arff, to realize how good it is polyurethane foam, take a piece of foam closed doors and window well caulked of course, and set the foam boil on fire while staying in the room : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen: (I joke that nobody faces him of course).

the problem with the advice that we can give is that there is that can return arff damage ...
0 x
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 29/02/12, 15:57

Well yes, of course I did the test:
- it burns and it necessarily gives off a little gas, but;
- it doesn't burn!
- the layer already burned makes a protective barrier for the rest;

This is a big advantage, because putting it judiciously (not everywhere, but in targeted places) actually hampers the progression of the flames in the conduits which are blocked with. And that for fire resistance is not negligible.

Now feedback from Coati : Lol:
0 x
bidouille23
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by bidouille23 » 01/03/12, 23:26

slut Obamot the great remedies is what I say : Mrgreen:
0 x