Opinion on a renovation of a house for years 60

Help and advice for your real work in new or renovation, interior or exterior.
Coati84
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Coati84 » 15/06/12, 16:22

Many thanks to Obamot. All the remarks are very judicious.

I must receive a financial proposal from my bank at the beginning of next week, take stock of the layout of our kitchen and analyze all the small exterior work that I must implement soon; the hydraulic cement screed around the "east" and "north" facades holding all my attention. I am going to think about all this and will let you know my choices within ten days.

See you later & a big thank you for the contributors.
0 x
Coati84 - realization of a 40 m² wooden extension of my house: 2nd semester 2021
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 15/06/12, 18:14

Here is the wire which gives indications to know how to make its insulation of facade (I suggest joints of the wooden frames at the junction with the wall, in tar or silicone according to the type of coating, but preferably to the latter for its hanging, and because it does not tend to "sink" once it has taken):
https://www.econologie.com/forums/isolation- ... 52-10.html

Link (which works) to the .pdf:
https://www.econologie.info/share/partag ... cCFe5x.pdf

Budget question (if that can help) ... I withdraw the idea of ​​putting large windows on the north facade (at least it made sense that they were small in the coldest area).

Perhaps this can be substituted with concentrated and targeted LED lighting to make a cozy atmosphere while enjoying the darkness. And thereafter - even if the facade insulation is made - by a large Vélux on the roof: which allows to proceed, as desired, in stages (and ultimately to decide to do or not to do ... )

Thus the budget allocated to windows can be allocated for other purposes and / or become lighter ...

Still a question of budget: what exactly remains as work to be done?
0 x