Is it worth its price triple glazing? + 80% as double glazing

Help and advice for your real work in new or renovation, interior or exterior.
dodo
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by dodo » 29/11/12, 11:45

by browsing a little on the net I realize that the opinions are quite mixed on the TV.

it would seem that it is certainly less loss but at the level of the solar contributions one is losing.

I do not think that the price is really a brake since the additional cost of TV is around 10%.
0 x
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 29/11/12, 12:18

Well, I must say that the gain in comfort with double or triple + argon is so impressive, that the recovery of solar energy through the glazing must not be very significant ... apart from the large windows of the buildings of offices.

In general when the sun is warm enough with doubles, I still prefer to open the window, otherwise if the sun is precarious, it's almost peanut (so with triples, I don't see that it would be the difference, frankly) . In addition by putting triples on the north facade, it will only have a positive impact: knowing that, I would have put triples everywhere if they had been offered at the price of double ... Already against burglars, break some double it should not be convenient, but triple ...

You might as well put a few dedicated thermal solar collectors on the roof (later?), The gain will be otherwise considerable ...!
0 x
dodo
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by dodo » 29/11/12, 13:18

on what you base yourself to say that triple glazing brings more comfort than double.

yes indeed I have my offer a promised TV at the price of DV or vat offered, the only problem is that the thickness of the window is the same for a greater weight.
0 x
dodo
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by dodo » 29/11/12, 21:45

I made a small loss calculation in dv and Tv and the annual gain is 50 euros and if I put that TV north and west I am 20 euros.
0 x
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 29/11/12, 23:39

I guess ... As Bucheron said, the calculation is finer with TV.

You have to see that with the supplier. Because otherwise we speak in a vacuum.

But in short, the gas they put out is even less good conductor than air (which is itself an excellent thermal insulator).

So a TV means one more intermediate volume and completely partitioned. This is the top of the top thermal insulation question. For sure.

Already with DV-argon, when there are negative temperatures outside, it is only fair if the glass surfaces are barely cool to the touch, with TV they should be lukewarm ... So a sensation total comfort.
0 x
dodo
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by dodo » 30/11/12, 07:38

Obamot wrote:I guess ... As Bucheron said, the calculation is finer with TV.

You have to see that with the supplier. Because otherwise we speak in a vacuum.

But in short, the gas they put out is even less good conductor than air (which is itself an excellent thermal insulator).

So a TV means one more intermediate volume and completely partitioned. This is the top of the top thermal insulation question. For sure.

Already with DV-argon, when there are negative temperatures outside, it is only fair if the glass surfaces are barely cool to the touch, with TV they should be lukewarm ... So a sensation total comfort.

well precisely if with DV-argon the glass wall is hardly fresh.

I really hesitate because 44 mm of glass may be heavy on an amount of 78mm.

not to mention that in Alsace it would be a shame to be deprived of solar gain.

I had the idea of ​​putting it on the north side and on the French doors to the west for overheating in summer.
side is I have the bathroom and wc I do not see the interests of the TV.
south side I think kept the DV.
0 x
BobFuck
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by BobFuck » 30/11/12, 07:51

> on the patio doors to the west for overheating in summer.

to the west the sun visor does not work, but you can put an external blind or just a tree ...
0 x
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 30/11/12, 09:35

dodo wrote:I really hesitate because 44 mm of glass may be heavy on an amount of 78mm.

Which report? The workshop and the locksmith are calculated accordingly! The DVs open easily like a flower, they seem so real "feathers"!

Little tip, it is better to choose some that have a stopper / s stop system, so we can close them just by pushing them (without needing to lock) useful if we rest under a window, if there are too many of air we push a little, and that's it ...! No need to get up. On the other hand, beware of those with hollow plastic stop cleats, they break easily (planned obsolescence).

Obviously the aluminum frames are to be avoided (cold bridge!) And you should nevertheless know that PVC requires regular maintenance (white will therefore tend to age much faster, even if it is prettier, and this from the very first years). The idea would be PVC windows inside and finish with wood veneer outside (but I did not find any and do not know if it exists.)

There are still other choice options to consider:
- if they are changed by putting a facade insulation, it is better to keep the old ones and mount the new ones on the front - without a frame - and opening to the outside ...
- if not, the best internally are also those whose frame has been removed. I made a thread on this subject (transformation of a traditional house into a passive house) and moreover, it reduces the glazing surface less, it results in that it penetrates more light into the dwelling.
0 x
dodo
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by dodo » 02/12/12, 10:06

I have a little observe the sunshine on my windows, it is true that in the south we take advantage of nice solar contribution which is not the case on the other facades.

is it possible to calculate what these contributions represent in relation to the loss.
0 x
dodo
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by dodo » 14/12/12, 18:55

I just spoke with a thermician who is quite skeptical on the TV except in the north.
0 x

Back to "Renovation, construction and real estate work: help, advice and methods ..."