Is it worth its price triple glazing? + 80% as double glazing

Help and advice for your real work in new or renovation, interior or exterior.
Woodcutter
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Woodcutter » 22/11/12, 20:21

dodo wrote:[...]

from what I understood the TV is more insulation, but the solar input is lost.
Basically, that's it.

dodo wrote:[...] Then what is it really wise to choose the TV when we review any isolation of his home.

Yes if the house was not at the base, optimized for solar gain (very large windows to the south, etc.) and in any case, always vrai north, east and west.
0 x
"I am a big brute, but I rarely mistaken ..."
dodo
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by dodo » 22/11/12, 20:25

and anyway, always true to the north, east and west.

what do you mean by that?

I have many side windows south but actually I have my west side door windows.
0 x
Woodcutter
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Woodcutter » 22/11/12, 21:22

dodo wrote:

what do you mean by that?

I have many side windows south but actually I have my west side door windows.

Your question was: "So is it really wise to opt for TV when you review all the insulation in your house."

I answer yes, it makes sense if the house was not designed, basically, to maximize the direct solar gain through windows. Because there, it quickly becomes more complicated to gain ratio / losses ...

So, if it is a "classic" house, it is yes, it is wise to opt for TV, even for the windows facing south.

And in any case, for windows N (not surprisingly!) E and W, the question does not arise: it is wise! (For direct solar gain are much less important)
0 x
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 22/11/12, 21:55

if the triple glazing is too expensive do not buy them and make them otherwise

the glass is essential for well-transparent windows even after many cleaning, but on the inside glass between 2 any plastic film could suffice

a polyester type mylar film could be placed between the glass and make 2 triple glazing for a derisory price almost identical twin single glazing
0 x
dodo
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by dodo » 22/11/12, 22:36

Woodcutter wrote:
dodo wrote:

So, if it is a "classic" house, it is yes, it is wise to opt for TV, even for the windows facing south.

And in any case, for windows N (not surprisingly!) E and W, the question does not arise: it is wise! (For direct solar gain are much less important)

so it makes sense for the North, and the IS WEST, but why to the south.
0 x
dodo
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by dodo » 22/11/12, 22:38

chatelot16 wrote:if the triple glazing is too expensive do not buy them and make them otherwise

the glass is essential for well-transparent windows even after many cleaning, but on the inside glass between 2 any plastic film could suffice

a polyester type mylar film could be placed between the glass and make 2 triple glazing for a derisory price almost identical twin single glazing

it is not more expensive on average by EUR 50 windows, but it uses the same frame as the DV.

it's simple motorization of shutters is more expensive than TV
0 x
Woodcutter
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Woodcutter » 22/11/12, 22:44

dodo wrote:[...] So it is wise for the North, and the IS WEST, but why to the south.
: Shock: Uh ...

I try one last time ...

To the south is PROBABLY sense in case of a NORMAL house.

If it is a bioclimatic house (direct solar input optimized), it is much less certain and the calculation is thinner.

Is that okay for you?
0 x
dodo
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by dodo » 22/11/12, 22:49

ok, but I have a normal house.

I would have thought that south DV was more appropriate for solar gain even in a normal house.
0 x
aerialcastor
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by aerialcastor » 23/11/12, 13:14

Saint Gobain has released a very interesting triple glazing: the SGG PLANITHERM LUX with a solar factor of 0.62 and Ug = 0.7W / m² / K.
(Please note this is not the Ug and Uw)

A bioclimatic building with large solar gains could have an energy gain with this triple glazing compared to double glazing.

I say "could" because it is impossible to answer without doing a dynamic thermal simulation pushed so the number of factors to take into account is important.
0 x
Save a tree, eat a beaver.
It is no use to succeed in life, what it takes is to miss his death.
dodo
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by dodo » 23/11/12, 13:34

aerialcastor wrote:Saint Gobain has released a very interesting triple glazing: the SGG PLANITHERM LUX with a solar factor of 0.62 and Ug = 0.7W / m² / K.
(Please note this is not the Ug and Uw)

A bioclimatic building with large solar gains could have an energy gain with this triple glazing compared to double glazing.

I say "could" because it is impossible to answer without doing a dynamic thermal simulation pushed so the number of factors to take into account is important.

and a normal house is that it is worth it to pass while TV.

because with the TV to the south at the risk of some private sunbeam.
0 x

Back to "Renovation, construction and real estate work: help, advice and methods ..."