Renovation, instalation of firefighting Sprinklers

Help and advice for your real work in new or renovation, interior or exterior.
antoinet111
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

Renovation, instalation of firefighting Sprinklers

by antoinet111 » 25/09/12, 00:37

Hi guys, I'm looking to install a sprinkler network in my house (kitchen, shower rooms, garage) but I can't find a way to stop the water automatically when the fire stops, would you a suggestion?

I never had a fire at home, but in my entourage if, and it's not cool ...

Goods.
0 x
I vote for the writing of concrete post and practicality.
Down the talkers and ceiling fans!
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 25/09/12, 01:47

basics:
http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Extincteur ... %C3%A0_eau

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fire_sprinkler_system

http://www.spk.fr/sprinkleur/sprinkleur.htm

Stopping the water does not seem possible or planned in detail, as there is a risk of allowing the fire to resume.

It all depends on the desired level of security and the real risk, the dimensions of the site to be protected.

Limiting the amount of water to what is necessary to extinguish is the simplest, like 10 to 100l at the start of a fire immediately smothered by water within a minute of its start, as happened to me manually. love at first sight on my house.

Otherwise the measurement of T by thermometers in the rooms or infrared flame detectors. (not easy not to have false measurements) can allow to stop, the arrival of (water.

http://www.ineris.fr/badoris/Pdf/substa ... die_V2.pdf

http://w1.siemens.ch/web/bt_ch/fr/produ ... _fr_--.pdf

This should make it possible to detect the end of the fire in principle.

An inexpensive solution, also are IP cameras by ADSL and internet, which alert both theft and fire remotely, which by giving videos allow remotely, even on a recent laptop, to see the end of the fire and control the end of watering more precisely than an automatic system.

I monitor my house well by cheap IP camera, less than 100 €, Trendnet or Heden Visioncam motorized even wifi !!
Any video change sends an email and gives a video of the thief or the fire, on his android laptop, or whatever, if you want.
From a distance with a tap or home automation valve, you can stop at the end of the fire, which is clearly visible on the camera (s).
0 x
Gaston
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Gaston » 25/09/12, 09:37

dedeleco wrote:From a distance with a tap or home automation valve, you can stop at the end of the fire, which is clearly visible on the camera (s).
Consider taking a fire and water resistant camera able to see through the smoke : Mrgreen:
0 x
antoinet111
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by antoinet111 » 25/09/12, 11:08

In short, there is no simple solution, so it will be a valve and the keys from the neighbor.

water tends to cut the power supply to the pc and the box.

please
0 x

sen-no-sen
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Renovation, Instalation of Sprinklers extinction of incen

by sen-no-sen » 25/09/12, 11:53

antoinet111 wrote:Hi guys, I'm looking to install a sprinkler network in my house (kitchen, shower rooms, garage) but I can't find a way to stop the water automatically when the fire stops, would you a suggestion?

So, be aware that the IEA (automatic fire extinguisher installation) often causes more damage than the fires themselves (water damage due to leaks).
The ERP and IGH regulations impose this type of installation, in the case of significant heat potential in buildings.
In its latter, there is an obligation to have the presence of a fire safety service, and therefore of human intervener, who will proceed with the agreement of the firefighters to cut off the arrival of water on the network sprinkler.
In French regulations, there is no automatic stop device without human decisions.

You should also know that an insurer will not cover the costs of water damage following this type of installation if it is not certified, it costs a real fortune which is only within the reach of large companies or co-ownership trustee.
Last edited by sen-no-sen the 25 / 09 / 12, 12: 06, 2 edited once.
0 x
"Engineering is sometimes about knowing when to stop" Charles De Gaulle.
antoinet111
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by antoinet111 » 25/09/12, 11:55

ha yes anyway, well, how to stop a fire if I'm not at home?
0 x

sen-no-sen
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sen-no-sen » 25/09/12, 12:02

antoinet111 wrote:ha yes anyway, well, how to stop a fire if I'm not at home?

Better prevent than cure.
The best is to limit the calorific potential in your house, even to install door closers coupled with fire detection in order to contain the fire (it costs an arm).
Otherwise simple gestures, like cutting the power when you leave your house and making sure to turn off the gas etc ... but there is no silver bullet unless you pay large sums.
Fire safety is up to 20% of the cost of a building of the IGH type (high-rise building).
0 x
antoinet111
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by antoinet111 » 25/09/12, 12:07

cutting the juice out of the house is too restrictive (except holidays), fire doors just cost really too expensive.

and I found sprinklers not too expensive, otherwise, to limit the amount of water (and therefore the damage, I would have to mount a tank above the house, or a blower)
0 x

sen-no-sen
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sen-no-sen » 25/09/12, 12:12

antoinet111 wrote:cutting the juice out of the house is too restrictive (except holidays), fire doors just cost really too expensive.

and I found sprinklers not too expensive, otherwise, to limit the amount of water (and therefore the damage, I would have to mount a tank above the house, or a blower)

So this would be a personal installation?
Do you think the installation is really necessary?
There are mini fire panels which, when detected, send a call to the emergency service, but here too it is an investment.
0 x
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 25/09/12, 12:21

It is all a question of value.

In residential, the priority is to save lives, therefore to wake up sleepers, warn the awake, close fire doors, etc.
the rest are insured for not very expensive.

A sprinkler is placed in a company when it is estimated that the potential water damage is less than the cost of a fire continuation.

The only customer I have who owns one is a large garage

nothing prevents you from doing smoke detection, there are now great systems, wired or wireless that make alarm telephone transmission with indication of the detector
budget in Belgium, by an efficient installer: 1500 to 3000 euros (e.g. Jablotron equipment at AJL Alarm)
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be