Low cost RT2020 new house project

Help and advice for your real work in new or renovation, interior or exterior.
Rajqawee
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

Re: RT2020 low cost new house project

by Rajqawee » 05/11/21, 08:32

Obamot wrote:I am relaxed, I was responding to a specific case and you confirmed point by point that my words were correct.

If you wanted to be objective, you should have embarked on a depreciation calculation (and I advise you to do it because one fine day you will have to replace your PAC) and you would have seen that it is not that advantageous. , and you even admit that it goes hand in hand with thermal insulation. But for many households, it is either one or the other ...

Faced with a choice: to passivate a house with zero expenditure VS a heat pump, there's no photo, because hardly anyone is in your ideal configuration ...

Honestly, if I had to choose and be obliged to have a heater, I would take the mass stove (that for cases where passivating a house is very expensive or very complicated (I had only one case at the time - I not in the BAT for a long time) where the client wanted to keep the original rustic appearance of an old farmhouse, with walls 70cm thick ...)

(I note in passing that the costs of electricity are increasing and once they retire, many can no longer afford heating ...) I admit that 40 € / month is not expensive, but if you have to change a heat pump with the retirement money, that's not going to laugh ... And I am against heat pumps in principle, because heating with electricity is a heresy and above all we must stop encouraging consumption ( and therefore recourse to nuclear power), which Izentrop seeks to do.

I admit that in some cases a CAP can be justified, but they are rare and I do not encourage it.

I take the liberty of answering here, because the subject interests me. humus, if you ever think that it rots your thread tell me and I will exchange by MP, but maybe Obamot's answers can interest you too?

I potentially have the place to have a mass stove, in the main room (kitchen + living room). Would it make sense, in the more or less long term, to have a stove to complete the heat pump? In the event of extreme cold, for example? I live at the foot of the Pyrenees, so the case is possible.

In general, I have easy access to wood (I tinker with almost everything I can in wood, I have a piece of forest behind my house ...), which could be justified by so much more?
0 x
humus
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by humus » 05/11/21, 08:54

Rajqawee wrote: humus, if you ever think that it rots your thread tell me and I will exchange by MP, but maybe Obamot's answers can interest you too?

It's in the subject, no pb : Mrgreen:
0 x
humus
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by humus » 05/11/21, 09:05

Rajqawee wrote:
I potentially have the place to have a mass stove, in the main room (kitchen + living room). Would it make sense, in the more or less long term, to have a stove to complete the heat pump? In the event of extreme cold, for example? I live at the foot of the Pyrenees, so the case is possible.

If I can put my two cents in, from an environmental point of view it would be better to use solar thermal (everyone gets the sun) and let the trees grow.
Because if too many people get into wood, it will be a problem.
We should reserve the wood for extreme cold and if possible produce this wood at home.

The configuration I just mentioned: solar thermal + wood as an extremely rare addition + wood produced at home, involves having a house that is really very thermally insulated and pruning its trees so that they grow back.

This is my ideal, in your opinion. : Wink:
0 x
gildas
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by gildas » 05/11/21, 09:43

Hello,
I heard about a person who lives in a house in straw, it has not started to heat up ... (north-west of France)
And it was she who built it!
All about the straw house
By the editorial team

Straw is one of the most economical and ecological materials to build a house. This totally renewable material offers an exceptional level of insulation. Inexpensive, the straw house is very popular. The number of constructions increases by 50% every year.

Presentation of the straw house
A straw house is built from bundles of grain: rye, barley or wheat. Once compressed, the straw is used to fill exterior walls, interior partitions and serve as insulation for roofs and attics.

Straw offers excellent performance in terms of thermal and sound insulation. It is perfectly suited to the construction of a passive house. The R coefficient of the walls can exceed 9 whereas the RT 2012 recommends 4 and the RT 2020 a coefficient of 5. This very breathable material naturally regulates humidity and heat. The homes are as pleasant to live in in winter as in summer, with extremely low heating requirements.

Find the right craftsman to carry out your work
Have your work carried out by qualified craftsmen near you thanks to our network of 1.700 installation partners. Ask for your free quotes to carry out your renovation work.

Construction methods
Straw houses usually rest on a double wooden structure. All voids must be filled to ensure a perfect seal. Laying on piles reduces the necessary earthworks.

Several devices complete the walls:

bracing and counter-batten,
vapor barrier,
rain barrier,
metal sealing flap,
reinforcement frame.

Several layers of plaster are then applied to a total thickness of 25 to 35 mm:

the slip which penetrates inside the straw,
a gobetis,
a plaster body,
a finishing plaster.

The choice of exterior coverings is very wide:

cladding,
clothing,
stabilized earth plaster,
lime.

Window sills can be made of wood or metal. Particular attention must be paid to the installation of the joinery to guarantee a perfect seal. The same is true for the connection between the wall and the base, so as to prevent humidity from rising. The addition of additional waterproof insulation may be necessary on the corners of the walls.

Straw is also used for filling at the level of the load-bearing elements of the roof. To lower costs, some manufacturers manufacture boxes in the factory. The house can then be assembled in one to two days. The setting out of water is 7 days instead of several weeks for a conventional construction.

Pros and cons
The straw house fully corresponds to current expectations in terms of eco-habitat:

excellent energy performance,
very good comfort in all seasons,
reduced ecological impact both on the site and in the home.

Certain received ideas slow down the development of the sector: fragility, sensitivity to fires. You should know that in France, straw houses are subject to the same rules as any type of dwelling, whether in terms of strength, durability or safety. Their construction is governed by the “professional straw construction rules” defined by the RFCP (French straw construction network) and approved by the Agence Qualité Construction (AQC). fire is identical to masonry walls.

Straw bales are not prone to rodent or termite attack.

The straw construction does not compete with the needs of the breeders. Given the scale of cereal production in France, the supply will always be far greater than the demand. On the contrary, the development of this sector can represent an additional outlet for farms.

Straw house price
The average price for a turnkey straw house is between 1 and 000 € / m². The basic material being very cheap, around 1 to 800 € per boot, most of the price is represented by labor and ancillary components. Building a house requires around 1 boots. Self-building in straw is very economical. This method of construction represents the bulk of current sites. The models to be finished can represent a good compromise.

Some examples of prices:

BUILDER AREA TYPE OF CONSTRUCTION PRICE
Syma Wooden houses 100 m² Self-construction kit € 21
Naturel Home 70 m² Self-construction kit € 22
Naturel Home 100 m² Self-construction kit € 28
Wald Cube 60 m² House to be completed € 50
Isopaille 100 m² Turnkey house 180 €

https://www.quelleenergie.fr/economies- ... -en-paille
3 x
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by izentrop » 05/11/21, 09:52

humus wrote:
jean.caissepas wrote:Except that the 1980 electric house does not have a heated floor, so at best we can put an air / air heat pump.
Nothing prevents the coils from being placed on the vertical walls, over an insulator, covered with cladding which may be inertial but not too much for a heat pump https://www.plancher-chauffant-caleosol ... ure#chap-5
0 x
humus
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by humus » 05/11/21, 10:18

izentrop wrote:
humus wrote:
jean.caissepas wrote:Except that the 1980 electric house does not have a heated floor, so at best we can put an air / air heat pump.
Nothing prevents the coils from being placed on the vertical walls, over an insulator, covered with cladding which may be inertial but not too much for a heat pump https://www.plancher-chauffant-caleosol ... ure#chap-5

Yes it's a good idea, it must work with solar thermal. : Wink:
You just have to be careful with the installation of frames on the wall afterwards. : Mrgreen:

But not to give me good solutions so that I stay at home, I want to leave. : Wink:
0 x
humus
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by humus » 05/11/21, 10:30

Gildas wrote:Hello,
I heard about a person who lives in a house in straw, it has not started to heat up ... (north-west of France)
And it was she who built it!
All about the straw house
Some examples of prices:

BUILDER AREA TYPE OF CONSTRUCTION PRICE
Syma Wooden houses 100 m² Self-construction kit € 21
Naturel Home 70 m² Self-construction kit € 22
Naturel Home 100 m² Self-construction kit € 28
Wald Cube 60 m² House to be completed € 50
Isopaille 100 m² Turnkey house 180 €

https://www.quelleenergie.fr/economies- ... -en-paille

Thanks, very interesting.
You can get cheap by car built or finished.
And the straw house would respond best to reinforced insulation as I wish.
By way of comparison, at home with an electric house from the 80s, I have been heating since mid September. : roll:
0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 05/11/21, 10:39

By way of comparison, at home, with an "electric house" from the 80s, I have been heating since mid-September. : roll:

Standards are constantly evolving and constantly redefining the notion of "good" insulation. This development is itself the consequence of energy constraints.
0 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 05/11/21, 10:47

humus wrote:
Rajqawee wrote:

If I can put my two cents in, from an environmental point of view it would be better to use solar thermal (everyone gets the sun) and let the trees grow.
Because if too many people get into wood, it will be a problem.
We should reserve the wood for extreme cold and if possible produce this wood at home.

The configuration I just mentioned: solar thermal + wood as an extremely rare addition + wood produced at home, involves having a house that is really very thermally insulated and pruning its trees so that they grow back.

This is my ideal, in your opinion. : Wink:
In a ladle, it's still a question 1) Of local configuration. 2) of money ... 3) And of need.

1) I have clearly said in which case I would use a mass stove, so I will not spread out too much (we can develop, apart from the “rocket-stove” which is another type of optimization (carburetion) which is not “mass” and that one can also do oneself (from memory, Ahmed has soldered some), I do not know if there are any in lowercase for ultra-good houses isolated, it must be something to invent :D ) There are other solutions but this one is quite neutral in terms of carbon footprint. I could develop, but it is one of the rare energy sectors that can remain under almost total control of the person who implements it (as long as they have some solid notions of construction, assembly of walls, structural work, etc.) .

2) it is very economical, there are internships to learn how to build (the internship members go to one then to the other, we are not the only one to build, we learn, we put in practice, then one day we teach ... in a companionship way, it can also take on cultural aspects ...). A mass stove to build yourself is barely a few thousand euros, for the most part: refractory brick, the sealing material and a chimney flue ... and which does not require supporting high temperatures (since the principle is to circulate the fumes in the labyrinth of the block to recover it as much as possible) it is still necessary to worry that the place where it is placed will support its very heavy weight, (underfloor heating which would go through that would be a concern)
Commissioning is also very economical, as it only requires a few five logs per day to heat an entire stone house (not on the first day when a certain inertia is required to heat the “stove-house” couple. "...
Recovering heat from the Sun thermally with suitable thermal sensors on the roof, circulation and a fluid and storage in a boiler works well in a sunny area, perfect for a house already very well insulated (for example if you live above stratus clouds). in winter, in North Africa, etc.). it is a lasting construction. It is to be calculated, and to be amortized. Maybe just a bit expensive for “extra”, but indeed, if you have a green mind at heart ... It is an “elegant” solution when you have the budget.

3) and not much to say about the “need” (must be seen on a case-by-case basis) : Mrgreen: except that you can heat yourself in “healthy” mode if you don't overheat (by allowing yourself the possibility of having a little cool at night to burn your “brown fat”, just while sleeping with nothing do other ...) but which can also be done with any heating mode.
0 x
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by izentrop » 05/11/21, 11:03

Ahmed wrote:
By way of comparison, at home, with an "electric house" from the 80s, I have been heating since mid-September. : roll:
Standards are constantly evolving and constantly redefining the notion of "good" insulation. This development is itself the consequence of energy constraints.
But not the wallet.
There are aids (1 € : Shock: ), but beware of the scam and the site must last less than a day for the pros to be interested.

For example, fridges, freezers, hot water tanks still consume as much and there is hardly any more in A ++, because of unjustified additional cost, whereas a sufficient thickness of insulation should be imposed on the manufacturers.

Saving a month of electricity by over-insulating your water heater is easy https://www.apper-solaire.org/Pages/Fic ... /index.pdf
1 x