Leaking zinc gutter pierced by corrosion: why? Emergency repair and what lasting solution?

Help and advice for your real work in new or renovation, interior or exterior.
phil59
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Leaking zinc gutter pierced by corrosion: why? Emergency repair and what lasting solution?

by phil59 » 10/07/21, 19:39

I don't know if it's the same thing, but my house is over 100 years old, and the chaining, full of leaks ....

I guess at that time the quality was good .... and there is nothing non-oxidizable other than, maybe bullshit!
0 x
hmmmmm, hmmmmmmmmmmmmm, hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmm, huh, hmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

: Oops: : Cry: :( : Shock:
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Leaking zinc gutter pierced by corrosion: why? Emergency repair and what lasting solution?

by izentrop » 10/07/21, 19:44

Forhorse wrote:galvanic corrosion (although I frankly doubt that this is it ... it happens when metals are in direct contact and ions circulate in the water) does not explain why the downspouts are puffed and not the gutters.
Oh okay, I didn't go back to the beginning of the topic.
0 x
GuyGadeboisTheBack
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by GuyGadeboisTheBack » 10/07/21, 20:03

izentrop wrote:
Forhorse wrote:galvanic corrosion (although I frankly doubt that this is it ... it happens when metals are in direct contact and ions circulate in the water) does not explain why the downspouts are puffed and not the gutters.
Oh okay, I didn't go back to the beginning of the topic.

As usual, you answer without even knowing what ... : roll: :(
0 x
Grelinette
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Grelinette » 10/07/21, 20:58

Christophe wrote:Maybe we should be looking for bird droppings? In this case all the gutters would be attacked ...

You're right Christophe, you have to consider all the hypotheses! .... and there is still this one: chaimtrail

There must have been an overdose of corrosive particles and you found yourself right in the wake! Cqfd
0 x
Project of the horse-drawn-hybrid - The project econology
"The search for progress does not exclude the love of tradition"
Christophe

by Christophe » 10/07/21, 21:57

Roooh Greli, you're exaggerating there! Have you been vaccinated too? : Shock: : Mrgreen:

For the droppings I'm serious! Maybe because of the windows, less friction = more sliding, they end up faster in the gutters than with a classic rougher cover ... but that still would not explain why this only concerns the downhill sections. . where water stagnates necessarily less!

Mystery number 5?

ps: it is chemtrail eh like CHEMICAL TRAILS ...
0 x
Macro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Macro » 10/07/21, 22:02

It slides like a fart on an oilcloth
0 x
The only thing safe in the future. It is that there may chance that it conforms to our expectations ...
Christophe

by Christophe » 10/07/21, 22:06

Rooooog the Macro!

Instead, take care of Madame Macro, it's Saturday night! : Mrgreen:
0 x
Macro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Macro » 10/07/21, 22:09

Am in my jalopy waiting for rich tourists to come out of a restaurant at 180 euros a menu ...
0 x
The only thing safe in the future. It is that there may chance that it conforms to our expectations ...
GuyGadeboisTheBack
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by GuyGadeboisTheBack » 10/07/21, 22:51

Macro wrote:Am in my jalopy waiting for rich tourists to come out of a restaurant at 180 euros a menu ...

Well then...
1 x

Back to "Renovation, construction and real estate work: help, advice and methods ..."