My stable, econological renovation project

Help and advice for your real work in new or renovation, interior or exterior.
Forhorse
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Forhorse » 16/12/10, 17:50

Macro wrote:Well, it's made for a few tens of euros ...
https://www.econologie.info/share/partag ... yy55mX.pdf

I frankly have a doubt about this solution.
Ok there is no water left in the "bowl" so there is no risk of it freezing, but the water that remains in the vertical tube will freeze.

One can possibly make a hole in the bottom plug, at the level of the valve to obtain the emptying of said tube, but a well draining ground is necessary. This is not the case everywhere.
0 x
Forhorse
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Forhorse » 16/12/10, 17:55

Ah I spoke too quickly, a hole at the bottom of the vertical tube is planned (the drawings is not super readable ...)
Nevertheless my remark remains the same, if the ground is not draining (kind of good clay as we have in the brie ...) the thing will not stay out of frost for a long time
0 x
oli 80
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

other solution

by oli 80 » 16/12/10, 18:19

Good evening, the muzzle pump system which I put two videos above is maybe a good solution, the water tank being buried or warm can be connected to this pump,

the horse or the cows or other animals activate the mechanism by pushing with the muzzle and the water comes in small quantities
http://www.riferam.com/pasture/index2.htm

the link of the official site, as I said we can also make this type of pump yourself
0 x
Grelinette
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Grelinette » 16/12/10, 21:13

(my com appears 2 x, I delete this one)
Last edited by Grelinette the 18 / 12 / 10, 09: 24, 1 edited once.
0 x
Project of the horse-drawn-hybrid - The project econology
"The search for progress does not exclude the love of tradition"
Grelinette
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Grelinette » 16/12/10, 21:20

It is all these systems but they are not applicable in the majority of cases because of the water which remains immobile in the pipeline and therefore which will freeze, unless you bury the pipelines deeply.

A priori, the only system that solves the problem of frost is to circulate the water.

In fact there are 2 problems:

1- water in the trough
2- water in the pipeline or in the supply tank

... And the problem can be even more complicated when there are several drinkers located in parks. The solution would therefore be to circulate the water in this case and to have the Macro system (drinker that empties and buried water inlet). In my opinion it's playable.
0 x
Project of the horse-drawn-hybrid - The project econology
"The search for progress does not exclude the love of tradition"
Forhorse
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: other solution

by Forhorse » 16/12/10, 21:24

oli 80 wrote:Good evening, the muzzle pump system which I put two videos above is maybe a good solution, the water tank being buried or warm can be connected to this pump,

the horse or the cows or other animals activate the mechanism by pushing with the muzzle and the water comes in small quantities
http://www.riferam.com/pasture/index2.htm

the link of the official site, as I said we can also make this type of pump yourself

No, excuse me but it's rotten as a solution.
The water remaining in the pump freezes ->
If you're lucky you only have the pump blocked (but the animals are thirsty)
If you are unlucky (Murphy's Law) the freezing water causes the seals to burst, see the pump body and your drinker is rubbish.
0 x
Forhorse
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Forhorse » 16/12/10, 21:29

Grelinette wrote:A priori, the only system that solves the problem of frost is to circulate the water.

Bof and again, it depends on the flow ...
To supply my reserve, I have about 400m of PE pipes of 16
Because of the low elevation, the pressure therefore the flow is low: about 40l per hour
It is enough that it freezes at -2 ° C for the pipe to freeze despite the circulation of water ...
You tell me 40l / h is not much ... but when we pay it is a completely different calculation ... knowing that this flow remains insufficient to guarantee a frost protection of this pipe.

For me I see only one solution: bury the pipe
0 x
Macro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Macro » 17/12/10, 08:16

I work on an industrial site between two beautiful rivers which are the Loire and the expensive (the water table is 1m deep). We have a fire hydrant network buried at 80cm with a system similar to the one I stuck to you (except that when the pole is open it plugs the drain hole). It is indeed necessary that on the lower periphery of the pole there is a mass of gravel which allows the drainage of the drain water from the riser. We have in any case never frozen a pole that bears the name of unfrozen poles.

For the depth out of frost there are maps according to the regions to calculate the depth of the foundations.
0 x
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 17/12/10, 13:57

With the climate of 320 years ago (small ice age in the time of Louis 14) the pole would have frozen (-15 ° C more than 15 days) and even more surely 20000 years ago !!! (great ice age) !!!!
0 x
Macro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Macro » 17/12/10, 14:22

dedeleco wrote:With the climate of 320 years ago (small ice age in the time of Louis 14) the pole would have frozen (-15 ° C more than 15 days)

He had gone to see at -80cm if it was frozen the earth ???

But we fight the roustons, because at -15 more than 15 days the bisquin will be transformed into an ice statue which no longer needs to drink before the waterer placed in the same conditions is frozen ...

And at the next ice box the galvanized steel tube will have rotten the horse will be in digested steak, and the owner in ashes (if he has not also finished in steak) ....... We build for ourselves , possibly for his children, the rest ....
0 x