Choosing a calorie counter

Help and advice for your real work in new or renovation, interior or exterior.
ojal
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

Choosing a calorie counter

by ojal » 03/10/13, 14:02

Hello,

I want to install a calorie counter in a boiler room that supplies 2 buildings with 2 separate circuits.

The objective is to determine the consumption of each building.

There is already installed a calorie counter at the heat source, we are in the context of district heating with a company that delivers hot water in an exchanger.

Are there metering solutions without modifying the existing installation? Do itinerant solutions exist? I doubt it because I think we should measure the water flow ...?

To start at the simplest, I imagine installing a meter only on a single circuit at least to have an order of magnitude with a few losses near the boiler room.

I have trouble finding doc on these materials ...

The pipes are fairly substantial in diameter I will be able to measure tomorrow, but it is very large ... For information, the exchanger is capable of delivering 180 kW but never exceeds the current requirement of 70 kW. We can therefore imagine that the measurement range should go up to 50kW max.

In advance thank you for your feedback :)

PS: what experimental calculation could I make by measuring the temperatures of return and return and by making the assumption that the pump delivers the nominal flow indicated on its plate?
Will the error be huge? To measure temperatures, I could do it with a fairly inaccurate gun, but can be precise enough for the temperature difference ...?
0 x
dirk pitt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dirk pitt » 03/10/13, 20:33

you absolutely need a flow measurement.
without that, it is not possible to measure the passing power.
maybe you have a venturi or a diaphragm somewhere in the circuit.
0 x
Click my signature
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 03/10/13, 22:43

there are ultra sound flow measurement systems that measure through the pipe, to avoid modifying the installation, but considering the price, it is more expensive than cutting the pipe to put a real flow meter

in addition the ultrasonic sensors are only precise if the pipe is straight for a sufficient length before the sensor for a uniform water speed without turbulance

if there is already a heat meter what model is it?

I'm a little disgusted with the difficulty of buying this kind of thing ... as if no one wanted to sell at a reasonable price

I confirm that the nominal flow of a pump is a completely useless indication, the real flow can be much lower

it would be possible to measure the differential pressure between the inlet and the outlet of the pump, and to deduce the flow with the flow pressure curve of the pump ... but that does not make a heat meter, because the flow may vary depending on which radiators are open or closed

google finds things like that the
http://www.cgr-robinetterie.fr/store//M ... QUE/p/NRJB
0 x