Barn floor

Help and advice for your real work in new or renovation, interior or exterior.
GuyGadebois
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Barn floor

by GuyGadebois » 29/03/20, 21:19

Paul72 wrote:
GuyGadebois wrote:
Paul72 wrote:By climbing up the walls if you pay attention to the circulation of water (this is a legend except in adobe houses)

A legend? You talked about it just above!

No, I was talking about the concrete slabs that bring water vapor up the walls, it's a legend.

Yeah well the legend she screwed up walls for me. After months of rain in 2017/2018.
0 x
“It is better to mobilize your intelligence on bullshit than to mobilize your bullshit on intelligent things. (J.Rouxel)
"By definition the cause is the product of the effect". (Tryphion)
"360 / 000 / 0,5 is 100 million and not 72 million" (AVC)
Paul72
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by Paul72 » 29/03/20, 23:31

GuyGadebois wrote:
Paul72 wrote:
GuyGadebois wrote:A legend? You talked about it just above!

No, I was talking about the concrete slabs that bring water vapor up the walls, it's a legend.

Yeah well the legend she screwed up walls for me. After months of rain in 2017/2018.

Wrong way, bad design somewhere, but not being on site I can't help ... Drainage is always welcome if we consider that there may be risks of water voices ... But it is necessary dig a little (I drew in the rock).
I would not put a floor on the ground even on a crawl space, without having first put a vapor barrier underneath, whatever it is.
0 x
I'm allergic to idiots: sometimes I even get a cough.
Juju64
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by Juju64 » 25/04/20, 16:44

Hello,

I would also recommend a raised floor, possibly insulated and below it is left in mini crawl space. If concrete is really what you want, then a layer of stone quarry type drain (1-2cm), above the geotextile and finally you pour concrete (possibly foam around for expansion)
0 x
: Arrow: : Cheesy: : Arrowl:
folleavoine
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by folleavoine » 02/05/20, 12:26

Thank you for all your advice ! Not having the possibility of disbursing and state constrained by the height under ceiling the installation of drains or hedgehog seems to me very difficult.
I envisioned a simple slab of lime for its porosity (even if the soil is a little damp in places) and the ease of installation. But actually a slab of this type may not last very long.

I'm going to turn to the floor that seems to best suit my constraints.
0 x
Ludov
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by Ludov » 26/03/21, 03:12

Hi everybody,

I just allow myself to come and thank you because I needed an idea for the layout of the floor of an open barn and I did not know what to turn to, I think I will turn to a concrete paving or a coated.

Thanks again,
0 x