cellar humidity: Waterproof SikaLite, Rectavit or Aquaplan?

Help and advice for your real work in new or renovation, interior or exterior.
Woodcutter
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Woodcutter » 13/08/09, 21:09

Does that mean that it's the most "dirty" product that works the best? It's stupid ... :?
0 x
"I am a big brute, but I rarely mistaken ..."
Christophe

by Christophe » 13/08/09, 21:23

Well a priori it looks good ... and I would say: "good for those who do it", the opposite will be serious for them ...

Because to be "dirty" he is ... I got dizzy like I had never had with a chemical in my life! Yet I followed the instructions ...

But as said just before: it is not in the same room either ... so hydrometric conditons and ventilations are not the same.

We will be clear when, if I do, I would pass a layer of the chemical on the other 2 ... there we can judge ...

I think the problem with the hydraulic mortar is that it has also never really been able to dry to the core ...
0 x
laurent.4680
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by laurent.4680 » 14/08/09, 18:01

Thank you for your quick answer!
For photos if you have the time, they will be well examined ... :D
Otherwise, in your opinion, the aquaplan solution is not adapted to the specific situation of your house or is it the quality of the product that could be questioned?
Thank you in advance,
@+
0 x
Philippe Schutt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Philippe Schutt » 14/08/09, 22:00

Christophe, what Looping says is more appropriate than you think. A wide, shallow drain protects against runoff, creating a dry area underneath. Then there is the configuration of the terrain which will make you have to dig deeper or wider, but that does not detract from the value of the method.
Considering that it is more pleasant to dip in the open air than to snort the thinner in the cellar, that it is more ecological, that a little exercise is always good, not to mention the admiration of the ladies : Cheesy: , in short I would say that making a drain is a beautiful and good thing!
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 14/08/09, 22:53

But I am convinced that it is at the "source" (no pun intended) that the problem must be solved ...

a) there is already a drain!

b) didiou do not want to understand ... and if I have to dig it is 4 m to 4.5 m to dig since the cellar is 1/2 buried ... so it is niet, I prefer to shoot myself at the crap !
: Cry:
0 x
Philippe Schutt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Philippe Schutt » 14/08/09, 23:07

a) m .....
b) your cave descends to 8m under the ground?
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 14/08/09, 23:16

Yes as you say !

Not 8 m but about 4.5 m I think ...

There is a cellar (buried) + a crawl space ... of about 1 m

The drain that I saw on the plans if it was placed according to the plans is placed at the level of the cellar floor.

Ah ok I see what you mean: no need to dig up the whole wall ... I didn't know! : Oops:

In any case the bottom of the void walls is wetter than the top which is dry ... so I don't know if it will change anything to put a drain back ...

Another problem: there is a terrace with concrete slab on the side of the wet wall (this is the one you see in the photos of the bike) ... we have plans to enlarge it ... It may be better ...

0 x
Philippe Schutt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Philippe Schutt » 14/08/09, 23:39

it always depends on where the water comes from. if it goes back up it doesn't do much, but if it's the rain that seeps into the ground it has to be done.
Yes, a terrace is a bit the same, it keeps the water away from the house, so you should already be dry ...
0 x
laurent.4680
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by laurent.4680 » 15/08/09, 01:47

Philippe Schutt wrote:a) m .....
b) your cave descends to 8m under the ground?

Good evening Philippe,

Could you detail the plan? Trench, drainage stones (?), Drain (?), Then cover with earth (?)
We look forward to seeing you!
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 15/08/09, 10:17

Philippe Schutt wrote:it always depends on where the water comes from. if it goes back up it doesn't do much, but if it's the rain that seeps into the ground it has to be done.
Yes, a terrace is a bit the same, it keeps the water away from the house, so you should already be dry ...

Well, that's why I have a hard time understanding the problem because between rain, ascent and internal condensation in the vacuum difficult to make an accurate diagnosis ...

If it comes from below, not much to do ... (we may be in Belgium, our neighborhood is "not flat"!)

Now I'm almost sure that when it rains the humidity of the walls is increased ... and I am also sure that there is a share of internal condensation.

ps: about the Aquaplan, an interesting remark anyway. In 2007, I had already used it in the cellar on the same section of the wall. But therefore 1 "upper" level and the wall was, if I remember correctly, less humid than those in the crawl space.

Well with this operation, the temperature in the room gained 4 to 5 ° C! By putting 3 cm of styrodur insulation afterwards we gained much less than that (1 to 2 ° C). So the aquaplan works well but if it is not too wet!

ps: ok laurent.4680 i will try to remake some photos.
0 x