How to camouflage price increases?

Books, television programs, films, magazines or music to share, counselor to discover ... Talk to news affecting in any way the econology, environment, energy, society, consumption (new laws or standards) ...
Matt113
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by Matt113 » 25/09/08, 20:28

jime wrote:The 35kg cement bag is not the masons who will complain about it. When you waste or move bags of cement all day, you are very happy that they weigh only 35kg even if you make more trips. Especially since it has been ten years since the bags have changed weight. I wonder if it is not rather for health reasons than to increase the prices.

It is not rather 25kg for the bags of cement and others used in the building. It is due to a law which limited the weight that a worker could gain (health reason). But hey there are many who used to take 50kg bags began to take 2 at a time so it did not change much and also for a question of performance.
0 x
Leo Maximus
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Leo Maximus » 25/09/08, 21:36

Christophe wrote:
Leo Maximus wrote:There used to be Bricomarché, competitive prices, qualified sellers, it's rare, the result: they went bankrupt. : Lol:

Huh? Bankruptcy? Bricomarché is it the DIY stores of the InterMarché group?

Well, don't go bankrupt, I think ... there is one in Sedan, however the sellers are real balls !!

Absolutely, it's the Intermarché group and it's a franchisor. "My" Bricomarché went bankrupt. Bad luck and Sedan is a bit far for me.
0 x
Leo Maximus
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Leo Maximus » 25/09/08, 21:42

jime wrote:The 35kg cement bag is not the masons who will complain about it. When you waste or move bags of cement all day, you are very happy that they weigh only 35kg even if you make more trips. Especially since it has been ten years since the bags have changed weight. I wonder if it is not rather for health reasons than to increase the prices.

Yes, officially it is for the "well-being" of the masons but we took the opportunity to increase the price per kg. Of course, the profits are donated to the building trades pension funds : Lol: .
0 x
Leo Maximus
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Leo Maximus » 25/09/08, 21:49

Matt113 wrote:

It is not rather 25kg for the bags of cement and others used in the building. It is due to a law which limited the weight that a worker could gain (health reason). But hey there are many who used to take 50kg bags began to take 2 at a time so it did not change much and also for a question of performance.

See the bricodépot website. Cement is 35 kg, but there are 25 kg sacks and there are also 40 kg concrete sacks. Now if the masons take them in pairs the change in regulations was useless : Lol:
0 x
jime
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by jime » 25/09/08, 23:29

Not quite, it's not new workers who take 2 bags, the masons I know took a 50kg bag on each shoulder when I was a kid and that I spun my hand at the site. Concrete per 40kg are plaster bags right?
And conditioned in 25kg these are often cement-based adhesives (tiling), less volume is used on a site compared to cement for mortar or concrete. Or the speedy cement that we use for quick sealing, there's no point in having huge bags if it's to then store them.
For a pallet of concrete cement in a bag of 35kg, it leaves 1 to 10 bags of 25kg of cement glue, it is useless to sell it wholesale, it is according to its usefulness. A cement like plaster has a limited lifespan. A cement bag bottom that has taken on moisture will not withstand the same constraints as a cement used with a new bag.

On the other hand a mason takes wholesale, it has wholesale prices ... in 35kg or 50kg, after the handyman of Sunday pays his bag per unit more expensive, it is surely true, finally for me it is not camouflage of rising prices unlike the jar of cottage cheese which goes from 1kg to 850gr for supposedly the same price.

The profits from the increase are not returned to the pension funds, of course, but the sickness funds and the social security spend much more on the other side for operations (kneecaps for the hips, for example). While until now the use of cottage cheese in a 1kg jar does not make you sick while carrying loads of 50kg all your life yes!
0 x
microDOC
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by microDOC » 26/09/08, 08:46

It is also for dosing.
In principle the concrete is dosed at 350kg / M3, that is to say for 1M3 of "sand" it takes 350kg of cement so it is easier to count 10 bags of 35 kg. : Wink:
0 x
Leo Maximus
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Leo Maximus » 26/09/08, 09:07

jime wrote:Not quite, it's not new workers who take 2 bags, the masons I know took a 50kg bag on each shoulder when I was a kid and that I spun my hand at the site. Concrete per 40kg are plaster bags right?
And conditioned in 25kg these are often cement-based adhesives (tiling), less volume is used on a site compared to cement for mortar or concrete. Or the speedy cement that we use for quick sealing, there's no point in having huge bags if it's to then store them.
For a pallet of concrete cement in a bag of 35kg, it leaves 1 to 10 bags of 25kg of cement glue, it is useless to sell it wholesale, it is according to its usefulness. A cement like plaster has a limited lifespan. A cement bag bottom that has taken on moisture will not withstand the same constraints as a cement used with a new bag.

On the other hand a mason takes wholesale, it has wholesale prices ... in 35kg or 50kg, after the handyman of Sunday pays his bag per unit more expensive, it is surely true, finally for me it is not camouflage of rising prices unlike the jar of cottage cheese which goes from 1kg to 850gr for supposedly the same price.

The profits from the increase are not returned to the pension funds, of course, but the sickness funds and the social security spend much more on the other side for operations (kneecaps for the hips, for example). While until now the use of cottage cheese in a 1kg jar does not make you sick while carrying loads of 50kg all your life yes!

A 50 kg bag on each shoulder !!!!! : Lol: And how did this mason finish? : Lol:

The bp is the same for movers, it looks like they want to beat their record! : Lol:

This proves that the regulation is useless if not to make the state less responsible. We cannot put a gendarme behind each mason but we can put 15 gendarmes to protect the house of Christian Clavier in Corsica : Lol: (info this morning on the radio)

In the Brico-Dépot catalog there is indeed a 40 kg bag of concrete on the "powdery" page. Strange.
0 x
Gregconstruct
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Gregconstruct » 26/09/08, 10:05

I worked in a galvanizing company. The hanging of the pieces was done manually.
For a beam of 200 kg, it was a guy on each side and hop it is hooked.

Honestly, we weren't going to sit around 8 around a little beam like that !!!
0 x
Every action counts for our planet !!!
jime
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by jime » 26/09/08, 12:07

There may very well be a 40kg concrete bag (even if I don't see what it is: some mixture already ready and we add water to it?) But it is surely not the biggest sale. Or it is not a bag that construction professionals carry every day.

And how did this mason finish?

in an office, seller at a materials merchant, back boiled like many masons
0 x