Pesticide petition

Agriculture and soil. Pollution control, soil remediation, humus and new agricultural techniques.
vtajmb
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

Pesticide petition

by vtajmb » 02/10/05, 19:14

New on this forum, I stand: son of a small winemaker in the AOC Sancerre, the hazards and other necessities of life made me leave the family farm, to win the must of the cat in organizations (co-ops or trades) distributing agro -supplies. Today, I am a consultant in viticulture. My career has taught me that the manufacturers of pesticides and chemical fertilizers do not skimp on counter truths, lies and other slander to raise profits! An example ? I'm talking about a time that people under twenty can not know ...

In 1976, when I was all blue in the business, Ciba Geigy had organized in the coop where I had just entered for almost 20 years, an "information day". The search for new molecules, the precautions taken before putting them on the market, everything was tinged with angelism ... This house, having synthesized most of the herbicides from the triazines family in the 50s, explained to us that these molecules are degraded into carbon, that they were therefore not pollutants. As for the risk of groundwater pollution, these active materials were too poorly soluble to reach them before their complete degradation. all punctuated by the distribution of "beads for natives" (T sheart, stilos, notebooks, lighters ...) ... How could we not believe these wells of science which so generously poured out their knowledge to us? So I preached the good news to my winegrower clients by repeating this bullshit, and sold thousands of l of these poisons ... Because, you and I have seen in the last decade, that the slicks located in maïssicultural or wine-growing areas were polluted by this chemical family. And at the present time, they still contain it for many years despite the fact that the specialties containing it have been withdrawn from sale ...

In 2004, I met an extraordinary man, Georges Toutain. Rather than recite your resume, I refer you to: http://www.labergerie-villarceaux.net/s ... ab-27.html

he was originally at the MDRGF; idem; So go for a ride, just to see. http://mdrgf.org ; this devil of man, the seventy high litter, therefore operates the Picardy pre-orchard that he created on the family farm about twenty years ago. I wanted to show it to my winegrower clients: an astounding harvest in quantity, and healthy fruits, without pesticides! the modern Picardy orchard would have treated 29 times in 2004 ... My clients were turned around, at La Virenque "we would have been lied to?". Pesticides are therefore not inevitable?

In his professional life, Georges Toutain worked in oasis crops for pesticide-free farming ... and it worked! he allowed by his approach, produce 10 kilos calories per square meter! without inputs (pesticides or other chemical fertilizers) in these arid areas ...

The marketing of the first pesticides and chemical fertilizers dates from the first world war ... The industrialists, to save the job (the good souls!), Manufactured chemical fertilizers in factories dedicated to the explosives, and pesticides in place and places of poisonous gases that poisoned our ancestors in the trenches ... And if these chemicals did, at first, to increase yields, they weakened crops, making them even more dependent on pesticides, while the latter, instead of destroying only the pathogens, also destroyed the auxiliaries who allowed them to control ...

Today, "modern agriculture" is dying from force-feeding with pesticides, harming the health of consumers, and has not solved either employment problems or hunger in the world ... Speculative crops, exits of their natural environment, require protection and enhanced fertilization. Sometimes they even interfere with water management: maize, for example, requires 400mm (4 l / ha!) In its vegetative cycle. This peak of consumption falls in the middle of summer, just when the level of the water tables drops and when humans and native flora need it the most! Just look at the dry rivers in the areas where corn is the dominant crop ... And the drying up of the Aral Sea following the irrigation of the cotton fields? So, still convinced that the manufacturers of pesticides will save humans from starvation, preserve jobs, and preserve the environment?

In my consulting work with my clients, in ten years, the use of pesticides has been divided by three. Objective, in the next ten years: zero pesticides, with reduction of copper (fungicide of bios) which is also a small Chernobyl for the life of the biomass ... The vines thus coinduced produce enough, the wine is better, the earthworms reappeared in the soil, erosion was stopped (natural grassing), birds reappear and nests in the vineyards ... Last winter, my customers planted 3km of hedges to improve the climate of the vineyard and promote the accommodation of auxilaires. The next winter, at least as much will be planted ... Similarly, the controlled vegetation and the increasingly healthy vine leads to a reduction in the consumption of hydrocarbons ... Vigneronnum sancerrum vulgaris consumes more than 700 l / ha of fuel every year. Some of my clients are less than 300!

Do not forget that big turnover does not mean good accounting results! those who manage the corporate budgets or the economists of household know that it is the differential between the receipts and the loads which brings the profitability!

Good Sunday to all

Jean Marie
0 x
JMB
A2E
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by A2E » 02/10/05, 19:57

thank you Jean-Marie for these clarifications!
I will come back later to discuss a little more the subject: rolleyes:
0 x