Radioactive fertilizers?

Agriculture and soil. Pollution control, soil remediation, humus and new agricultural techniques.
Woodcutter
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Woodcutter » 10/09/08, 13:12

Bibiphoque wrote:
Woodcutter wrote:Except that the wine has still some beneficial effects, tobacco none!

Hello,

There it is :

http://www.plantes-bienfaits.com/tabac.php

@+ : Mrgreen:
Well ... I don't read anything about the benefits (real or supposed) of pulmonary inhalation tobacco ...
0 x
"I am a big brute, but I rarely mistaken ..."
Leo Maximus
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Leo Maximus » 10/09/08, 13:22

Bibiphoque wrote:
Leo Maximus wrote:The graph on the next page shows the decay chain for uranium as it occurs in nature:
http://www.ccnr.org/decay_U238_f.html
Polonium cannot be detected by a Geiger counter because its tube is not sensitive to alpha particles
: Lol:

Hello,
If, it is detectable, if it is a meter with window of mica.
@+

Not all, the tubes ZP1400 (reference of RTC), and several others are with window of mica but do not detect the alpha particles.
0 x
Woodcutter
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Woodcutter » 10/09/08, 13:27

jonule wrote:to be more explicit Bucheron (yes I admit it's short cut but after they charge me for doing lengths ... ;-): [...]
Yes, the art of saying the essential in a few words is a difficult art ...

For blood, kein problem, I master, but it is after that I do not see:
jonule wrote:[...] for that of the accumulation of heavy metals, it is known and established I thought, they accumulate in the body, because not intended to eliminate them, and the points are the brain, the heart, among others. [...]
The main organ for detoxifying the blood is the liver. For accumulation in the brain and heart, never heard of.

jonule wrote:after for what is transmitted from generation to generation: the irradiation of these particles produces a transmutation of DNA, which leads to cancer for example by metastases (which I suspect by accumulation of these filth precisely but it is a personal hypothesis ): if you look at alpha ray irradiation (very informative on the internet), you will see that this produces genetic mutations, which are transmissible, like all genetic heritage!
The mutations, to be transmitted to the next genartion, must affect cells that are transmitted ...
Now if my memories of bio are good, the only cells that we transmit to his descendants are the sex cells. As I remember, they did not come from cell lines of the heart or the brain!
On the other hand, a mutation that causes a disturbance such that it leads to cancer is still much less likely to be transmitted than another that brings a benefit.
And finally, it is still necessary that at the time of chromosome pairing, the mutation is not too large otherwise this pairing is not possible because the non-mutated chromosome cannot meet with the mutated (Houlà, c ' is all that old!)
0 x
"I am a big brute, but I rarely mistaken ..."
Leo Maximus
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Leo Maximus » 10/09/08, 13:30

Gregconstruct wrote:
Leo Maximus wrote:NB: I have a small collection of uranium ore at home, Autunite, Betafite, Pechblende, Uraninite, and others ... so I also have Polonium 210. : Lol:

Are you fluorescent at night?

: Lol: No, it does not light up at night but it becomes bright with a black light lamp.

I removed my collection from my stay because it had a very bad effect on the guests : Lol: .

With my collection samples I must have - at least - 50 grams of natural uranium so we must be able to calculate the quantity of polonium 218, 214 and 210 that there is at home : Lol: .
0 x
Gregconstruct
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Gregconstruct » 10/09/08, 13:34

Leo Maximus wrote:: Lol: No, it does not light up at night but it becomes bright with a black light lamp.

I removed my collection from my stay because it had a very bad effect on the guests : Lol: .

With my collection samples I must have - at least - 50 grams of natural uranium so we must be able to calculate the quantity of polonium 218, 214 and 210 that there is at home : Lol: .

Heck, I was hoping you would be like Omer Simpson ... : Mrgreen:

For black light, I already knew.
0 x
Every action counts for our planet !!!
Bibiphoque
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by Bibiphoque » 10/09/08, 13:38

Hello,
Nice product:
"Polonium is characterized as poison by (1) having a radioactivity 10,000,000,000 times stronger than that of uranium 238, (2) predominantly undergoing alpha-decay, and (3) the fact that alpha-ray has an extremely low permeability through human body. Polonium 210 is found, in an extremely low amount though, in the cigarette smoke. "
Extract of :
http://sciencelinks.jp/j-east/article/2 ... 076257.php

@+
0 x
This is not because we always said that it is impossible that we should not try :)
Leo Maximus
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Leo Maximus » 10/09/08, 13:41

On Ebay you can find samples of uranium ores for collectors:

Autunite, very beautiful yellow uranium phosphate crystals:

http://cgi.ebay.fr/AIR-S28-GRANDE-PIECE ... 286.c0.m14

Uraninite, almost uranium oxide, impressive for its high density.

http://shop.ebay.fr/items/_W0QQ_fromZR4 ... m270.l1313
0 x
Bibiphoque
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by Bibiphoque » 10/09/08, 13:42

Leo Maximus wrote:
Bibiphoque wrote:
Leo Maximus wrote:The graph on the next page shows the decay chain for uranium as it occurs in nature:
http://www.ccnr.org/decay_U238_f.html
Polonium cannot be detected by a Geiger counter because its tube is not sensitive to alpha particles
: Lol:

Hello,
If, it is detectable, if it is a meter with window of mica.
@+

Not all, the tubes ZP1400 (reference of RTC), and several others are with window of mica but do not detect the alpha particles.

Hello,
I forgot the word "fine"
@+
0 x
This is not because we always said that it is impossible that we should not try :)