New species

Transport and new transport: energy, pollution, engine innovations, concept car, hybrid vehicles, prototypes, pollution control, emission standards, tax. not individual transport modes: transport, organization, carsharing or carpooling. Transport without or with less oil.
SixK
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by SixK » 26/09/05, 14:34

Voila, it hurts me to advertise for elf, but last week I refueled with them, I had to take elf premium 95 or something like that (I did not have much choice ). I did 610 km with 40 l or 6,5l / 100Km with my old petrol R21 (220Km)!
I have a little trouble explaining this result knowing that in general I consume rather 7,6l / 100Km ... and that when I reach 7,4 l / 100Km it is already a very good result.
It gives me a drop in consumption of 15%. Good compared to my usual journeys, I had very favorable conditions I think, a temperature of around 21 ° c, a favorable wind (even though?), I practically only did 2x2 lanes when traveling at speed stabilized (between 120/125 km / h).
I did about 400Km on 2x2 lanes, and my girlfriend drove 200 Terminals the car well loaded on departmental 2x2 +.
My driving was not changed, I always declutched downhill, I always slowed down to 60Km / h in front of the automatic radars to re-accelerate to block to return to 120Km / h 300m further, I did not even really feel the difference with this essence compared to the essence that I usually use, but the result is there!

Suddenly I had 1/3 full that I filled with classic leclerc, I will see what score I will make now.

Possibly I will try with my 125cc, to see if I have a decrease in consumption almost identical, knowing that this bike has a practically invariable consumption between 3,8l / 100Km and 3,9l / 100Km.

I think this gasoline is part of the new gasoline with less sulfur, it seems to me that at the time they spoke of about 15% less consumption and 5% more power ...
If someone has the tools to make an analysis of the essence I would be interested to know the differences between this essence and a "classic" essence
I do not think that the sulfur content alone explains the difference in consumption?
They must have played on the length of the carbon chains or something like that ...

SixK
0 x
Optimists invented airplanes, parachutes pessimistic. George Bernard Shaw.
Thought personal, I understand better why the big bosses invented the golden parachute.
Christophe

by Christophe » 26/09/05, 16:08

Maybe that of Elf "works" in any case the Total Excellium windy for its autonomy capacity did not present significant results on my VFR 94 (even a slight overconso ..!)

You still have to know that the driving conditions (weather, reflief, T ° ...) represent up to 20% of consumption variation ... As for the driver it can go up to 50% I think ...
0 x
zac
Pantone engine Researcher

by zac » 26/09/05, 19:09

Hello
on a 750vf you are optimistic "the driver" can cheerfully make him pass the 12 liters (if I can still count, 100/100). Believe in a furious ex. :P
@+
zac
0 x
Said the zebra, freeman (endangered breed)
This is not because I am con I try not to do smart things.
Christophe

by Christophe » 26/09/05, 19:20

arf :)

for me who has never exceeded 6.5 duo in the mountains ... and driving "well" ... it is inconceivable for me to exceed 7L ... then 12 !!!

As proof that I am not a "lopette", the last arsouille that I made it was "in front" of an R1 mounted in Street ... (generally it is not slack of the handle those which roll in street). ..a few turns where he hung on well the poor man disappeared from the retro ...:P

Good must say that they were 2 on the bike (me alone) ... It may be the (the?) Passenger (e) who broke the pace ...
0 x
Former Oceano

by Former Oceano » 26/09/05, 21:31

Very surely! My duo often ruined my shoulder during the beginnings of arsilles ...
0 x
[MODO Mode = ON]
Zieuter but do not think less ...
Peugeot Ion (VE), KIA Optime PHEV, VAE, no electric motorcycle yet...
Jean-Francois
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Jean-Francois » 26/09/05, 22:45

well I have no problem with the duo ..... with my single bike .... :D

veiled voilou :P
0 x
jeff me born with a rod in one hand and a welding station in the other :-)
... ______
... / ______ \
. (00 00 = H =)
..IiI "" "" "" III Vraoummm .. !!!!!
DMA
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by DMA » 28/09/05, 14:44

SixK wrote:6,5l / 100Km with my old petrol R21 (220Km)!
I have a little trouble explaining this result knowing that in general I consume rather 7,6l / 100Km ... and that when I reach 7,4 l / 100Km it is already a very good result.

My driving was not changed, I always declutched downhill, I always slowed down to 60Km / h in front of the automatic radars to re-accelerate to block to return to 120Km / h 300m further, I did not even really feel the difference with this essence compared to the essence that I usually use, but the result is there!

7.4 l / 100 km is already very good for an old car.
On descents, do not disengage, on the contrary, you must walk on the engine brake: fuel cut (unless it is not an injection), and the freewheel is dangerous.
Finally slowing down to 60 km / h in front of the radars is useless (I go to 116 without problem in front of an RA limitation to 110), generates overconsumption during acceleration, and harms good traffic.
0 x
zac

by zac » 28/09/05, 16:43

Hello
does your vf injection or fuel?
Mine 82 or 83 I know more was fuel + cardan the first and more chain fuel the 2nd. The first fell a distance every 8-10000km the mill of the second held 28000 without opening it, but it was not beautiful to see (it's true that at the time the wads were less equipped). it still rolls and my godson is 6-7 liters, but it's not a violent one.
now I'm riding a grandfather with a 600dr (in the mountains it's less tiring and more efficient than a sports car) but it's still 5-6 liters.
@+
zac
0 x
Said the zebra, freeman (endangered breed)

This is not because I am con I try not to do smart things.