Test: Indirect lighting not a fluorescent tube

Hi-tech electronic and computer equipment and Internet. Better use of electricity, help with the work and specifications, equipment selection. Presentations fixtures and plans. Waves and electromagnetic pollution.
gregdu13250
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

Test: Indirect lighting not a fluorescent tube

by gregdu13250 » 26/08/08, 19:46

Hi, I did a test, the results are scary.

A tube length shelf (18w) conceals the tube and provides indirect lighting through the white ceiling. The light is uniform in the room is nice despite that to have the required lux number it is necessary to double its equipment.

Materials: A T8 20w tube (diam 38), an 18w T8 tube (diam 26), a SYLVANIA ferromagnetic support. (I'm not on diameters.

Results. The light diffuses better uniformly with the T8 20w, the T8 20w is as wide as its support which makes an almost total projection. The T8 18w creates a shadow around the support (which is larger than it) Therefore it is difficult to diffuse light as close to the shelf as this creates a large dark area within 50cm of the shelf. I conclude that large diameter tubes are better for indirect lighting.

These tubes are available from electrician suppliers and require space on the support (in this case, prefer a remote ballast or long sockets.

If you have already done this kind of experience put ovs conclusion here.
0 x
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 26/08/08, 22:06

Well, you're delaying about half a century. I improved those that were at home (experiences of my father, who directed the manufacture of fluorescent tubes of ACEC in the 50 years) We improve the result by placing aluminum foil at the bottom of the reflector tank.
the father, he used tubes with incorporated reflector (not looking for it, it has not been successful, we have been manufacturing more since the '60 years)
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be
gregdu13250
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by gregdu13250 » 27/08/08, 11:04

Good idea the reflector, I will test it when I go back
0 x
Superform
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by Superform » 27/08/08, 12:43

+ 1 for the reflector

you round it off (on 40 to 50% of the circumference), opening oriented towards the center of your room.

The reflector should not be placed on the tube itself, but a few centimeters (so larger diameter)
0 x
gregdu13250
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by gregdu13250 » 27/08/08, 14:47

Superform wrote:+ 1 for the reflector

you round it off (on 40 to 50% of the circumference), opening oriented towards the center of your room.

The reflector should not be placed on the tube itself, but a few centimeters (so larger diameter)
I need to find long pins to have the centimeter, I have the tube stuck to the support virtually
0 x
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 29/08/08, 22:14

gregdu said:

l
I have to find long pins to get the centimeter, the

I didn't understand everything :D : Cry:
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be