Brita filters

Work concerning plumbing or sanitary water (hot, cold, clean or used). Management, access and use of water at home: drilling, pumping, wells, distribution network, treatment, sanitation, rainwater recovery. Recovery, filtration, depollution, storage processes. Repair of water pumps. Manage, use and save water, desalination and desalination, pollution and water ...
Christine
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by Christine » 04/08/08, 15:21

In my area of ​​origin, goiter was a very common disease among the ancients, due to a deficiency of iodine in the water (and in the diet in general). There had been cases in my family and I remember my mother advising me to vary the water and food to avoid mineral deficiencies or excess.

well, apart from the little family story, I wanted to say 3 things:
- variety in the diet is essential and it includes water
- but water is not the only source of minerals: eating vegetables and fruits is more important than buying bottled water just to "vary"
- contrary to what the justilieu quote says, minerals are not essential to energy needs: they do not bring you energy but allow the proper functioning of the body. It would be like confusing fuel and motor oil for a car : Cheesy:
0 x
the middle
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by the middle » 04/08/08, 16:02

You, it looks like you're in the business :D (medical)
0 x
Man is by nature a political animal (Aristotle)
Christine
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by Christine » 04/08/08, 16:27

Wow no! I turn my eyes just at the thought of having to take a blood test : Cheesy:

It's just that I like to eat well and I like to be healthy. As we are what we eat, I prefer prevention than cure!
0 x
little sparrow
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by little sparrow » 05/08/08, 02:09

Bonjour,

I read your last answer ... which I do not dispute (I have not analyzed the history of weakly mineralized water.
This morning, I researched the pangas (a fish)
And I found a person who was talking about the same thing as me.

well yes .... maybe ....
but I will repeat what I said before ..:
"ah well yes but that is valid for everything! .., we read everything and its opposite, and also anything on the net .., but this is also what helps to move forward when we give ourselves the worth looking for ... "

if this point interests you, I would invite you to work seriously on this subject by documenting yourself "where it is necessary" ...., but more by reading "specialized" authors than by rummaging on the net ...
and you would see for yourself how many "false truths" and bad interpretations are !!

but I understand that it is not easy to navigate through all the sources of serious +/- information that we are regularly presented ...
How many blindly trust "pseudo" medical sites or organizations, on the simple fact that it bears the mention "medical" or "health" and that it is well established, that "it looks good", ?? and that by scratching a little we sometimes discover heaps of bullshit .. !!
sorry for the regular readers of some of these media ..., but when we see (we only know if we want to know, because it is not specified !!) a very well known and hyper frequented site including a huge package of people say "yes and amen" to everything that one tells there, but that when one tries to "reframe" certain "sensitive" things one is made there illico censure there, and that one notes that what is hide behind is listed on the stock market and buys media ..... you'll excuse me but there is reason to wonder ....
but many take everything that is said at face value, without asking any questions ..... whether it is reality or fantasy or pure lie ......!

This weekend, I was still on an organic fair, on a stand and conference ...
a guy that I had already met there last year comes to see me again and says to me:
"I remember that you told me that on a new rainwater installation, you had to wait at least 6 months before making the water drinkable ..., but several other people told me that no, that 'there were no problems, that we can drink immediately ... "

my answer :
"Do these people know the evolution of the pH during the first year on a concrete tank ??"
"and do these people know the correct pH level for drinking water ??"

his answer :
"well ... I don't think so, no ...."

So, it's so easy to say anything and everything ...., but you just have to know what we're talking about !!
I hardly get used to it, but I am confronted with it constantly !!
this is why before "claiming" something ... I made sure of its merits or not ....

and I repeat: everyone believes what he wants! , and listen to what he wants to hear! ...

and as I'm not pushing anyone to believe what I'm saying ..., I prefer to invite you to document yourself and make up your own mind, but on probably more objective bases ...

I know that doctors, still today, advise (spontaneously) their patients to drink strongly mineralized water, and this, apart from a particular diet or a particular cure ...
It remains abérrent, but who will allow himself to question the opinion of his doctor ???
nevertheless, ask a young doctor how many hours of lessons they have on the water during 7 years of medicine .... and you will understand better ... (the answer being even more aberrant !!!)

Now, I can tell you that I like your interventions, because it seems to me that you are of the trade.

I can tell you that I like to answer anyone who is interested and has questions ... (this is the main thing!)
but I am not at all "of the trade"!
I'm just a "passionate individual" who gets to the bottom of things, who can't stand being left without answers to the questions he asks himself all the time ... !!
but I am also lucky to be very well surrounded in my activities and research ....

here it is ...
(but thank you anyway for the compliment ..)

cordially
0 x
well hello to you !! ...
jonule
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by jonule » 05/08/08, 10:19

Hello,
when you want to "be part of" you have to give people values ​​without saying "uh no for the analysis results of what I'm saying, it's not available", and explain certain details, make clear references on what is expressed with links on its site, not keeping everything on its site to have a consultation of members ... basically those who denounce do so too.

yes we can take people back to ph or th it's quite easy, even if we see what they want to talk about ... yet these parameters are intimately linked anyway, even if they express different definitions.

th in French degrees also speaks of mineralization on the ca and mg ions if I am not mistaken? which expresses the ph on the water bottles.

in this regard, on which bottle to fix, since they all have different values?
0 x
little sparrow
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by little sparrow » 05/08/08, 12:25

Bonjour,

when you want to "be part of" you have to give people values ​​without saying "uh no for the analysis results of what I'm saying, it's not available", and explain certain details, make clear references on what is expressed with links on its site, not keeping everything on its site to have a consultation of members ... basically those who denounce do so too.

who who ... whether you like it or not, sorry but I still have the right to respect the membership conditions of the members of our association .. !!
the members of the association are clearly informed when they join that part of their contribution allows me to co-finance the cost of the multiple analyzes that I intend to carry out ...
therefore, in return, on a win-win principle, I reserve the benefit of the results of these analyzes ...

do not confuse the "members" of my site with the members of our association !!
if the former have free registration and free access, the latter pay their membership ....
so i can't charge them something that everyone would have behind for free .. !!

so sorry to tell you that if you want to know more ... if you too "want to be there" as you say ... well you know what you have to do ...

this is also the principle: "unity is strength" ..., so the more we are, the further we can go! ..

Hello
0 x
well hello to you !! ...
jonule
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by jonule » 05/08/08, 13:10

but it is not necessarily for you that I said that, I did not quote you, but you take it for you it is not a coincidence either ...

you do not answer my question on the values ​​of bottles.

nor on the calculation formulas between ph and th ...

for measurements of ph nitrates etc, there are small inexpensive paper rods that anyone can order, I did it on conrad.fr at the time, this avoids the purchase of expensive equipment.
0 x
little sparrow
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by little sparrow » 05/08/08, 19:07

Re,

but it is not necessarily for you that I said that, I did not quote you, but you take it for you it is not a coincidence either ...

are you kidding me or what .. ?? !!
by interpreting one of my answers and referring directly to my site, I should not feel targeted .... ??? , you are a comic .....
what are you playing here ?? !!

'Excuse me but I have already explained that we should not confuse pH and ° Th ... but you persist in the amalgam ... free to you ...
I already said that the pH is the hydrogen potential
(According to Wikipedia: The hydrogen potential (or pH) measures the chemical activity of solvated (H +) protons. In particular, in aqueous solution, these protons are present in the form of the oxonium ion (also, and improperly, called hydronium) More commonly, it is considered that pH measures the acidity or basicity of a solution. )
and the ° Th is the hardness of the water, expressed in French °, corresponding to the rate of mineralization of the water ....

which "calculation formula" do you want me to invent between the 2 .. ???

for measurements of ph nitrates etc, there are small inexpensive paper rods that anyone can order, I did it on conrad.fr at the time, this avoids the purchase of expensive equipment.

you do what you want with the material you want ...
but then let me do what I need with the material I need ....
thank you ... !
0 x
well hello to you !! ...
jonule
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by jonule » 06/08/08, 10:34

little sparrow wrote:

are you kidding me or what .. ?? !!

what politeness! impressive!
good ... answer: no.
Can't you be polite for 5 minutes please? you should learn to debate calmly. I see your attitude with the other members that's all.

little sparrow wrote:

'Excuse me but I have already explained that we should not confuse pH and ° Th ... but you persist in the amalgam ... free to you ...
I already said that the pH is the hydrogen potential
(According to Wikipedia: The hydrogen potential (or pH) measures the chemical activity of solvated (H +) protons. In particular, in aqueous solution, these protons are present in the form of the oxonium ion (also, and improperly, called hydronium) More commonly, it is considered that pH measures the acidity or basicity of a solution. )
and the ° Th is the hardness of the water, expressed in French °, corresponding to the rate of mineralization of the water ....
which "calculation formula" do you want me to invent between the 2 .. ???

ok I know how to use Wikipedia, that's not why we were asking you! -)
I was just saying "TH and PH are intimately linked": this is why the amalgamation of some can be explained, rather than "they have nothing to do": do you understand?

little sparrow wrote:

you do what you want with the material you want ...
but then let me do what I need with the material I need ....
thank you ... !

once again: we are not talking ONLY about you, you are not the only user of this site, I am talking about ACCESSIBLE solutions for those who want to measure their environment without going through expensive measuring devices.

well, we should leave room for others, or at least DEBATE only technical points, at least we would be useful for something, rather than only insisting on personal points don't you think?
or do you want us to create a dedicated post just for us? : Cheesy:
0 x
Targol
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Targol » 06/08/08, 10:51

jonule wrote:well, we should leave room for others, or at least DEBATE only technical points, at least we would be useful for something, rather than only insisting on personal points don't you think?

It would be a good idea yes :?
0 x
"Anyone who believes that exponential growth can continue indefinitely in a finite world is a fool, or an economist." KEBoulding

Go back to “Water management, plumbing and sanitation. Pumping, drilling, filtration, wells, recovery ... "