Bikes on the train

The developments of forums and the site. Humor and conviviality between the members of the forum - Tout est anything - Presentation of new registered members Relaxation, free time, leisure, sports, vacations, passions ... What do you do with your free time? Forum exchanges on our passions, activities, leisure ... creative or recreational! Publish your ads. Classifieds, cyber-actions and petitions, interesting sites, calendar, events, fairs, exhibitions, local initiatives, association activities .... No purely commercial advertising please.

Transporting your bicycle by train to go to work is ecological

You can select 1 option

Consult the results
jessle
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

Bikes on the train

by jessle » 16/11/07, 18:24

The Sncf with the Alsace region for 4 years pushes us to take the train with the bicycle to go to work because it is less polluting than taking his car; the sncf even had a special bicycle wagon per train. But from December 9 finished! prohibition to take the bicycle on the most frequented trains because the fact of putting bicycles on the train causes delay.
Our regional president is surprised that there are demonstrations to keep the bikes on the train. the answer is "I did not realize that it was going to cause so much commotion" and find that "it is not ecological to transport a bicycle for 100 km in a wagon that weighs 200 tons. It does not go in the direction of sustainable development. "

What about you and I would like to know how it goes elsewhere in France and in Belgium or other
small survey
0 x
emlaurent
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

Re: bikes on the train

by emlaurent » 16/11/07, 21:13

jessle wrote: Our regional president is surprised that there are demonstrations to keep the bikes on the train. the answer is "I did not realize that it was going to cause so much commotion" and find that "it is not ecological to transport a bicycle for 100 km in a wagon that weighs 200 tons. It does not go in the direction of sustainable development. "

Do you have the reference for Zeller's answer (president of the Alsace region)? Press article?

It is sure that presented like this is not very sustainable development !! It is also reminiscent of the movement of a person in a car designed for 4 people, car weighing a ton ...
The real question would be: how many bikes do you put in a 200-ton wagon and how much CO2 is saved compared to traveling by car.
Personally, I travel to Alsace with the bike on the train. Otherwise, you would have to go back and forth by car to the station. So a short trip, cold engine, in town, ... and hop maximum pollution.

There are some actions in progress, see here to follow:
http://velorizontal.bbfr.net/le-bar-f6/la-sncf-fait-des-efforts-du-cote-de-strasbourg-t3157.htm

Another argument against transporting bikes by train was safety. Inevitably, with not enough space for bikes, the bikes are found in the corridors and can tip over
: Shock: very French reaction: we forbid!
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 16/11/07, 21:30

Uh it is anything this argument of Zeller, he abused the Gewurtz late harvest or what?

If I remember correctly, CR Alsace wanted to make the region THE sustainable development region of France ... with such arguments it's badly barred ...
0 x
Kyos
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by Kyos » 17/11/07, 10:46

Hello

I went to Alsace a year ago, and what impressed me the most was the importance given to bikes and the ease of transporting one's own.

What is missing for elected officials, of which this president is a member, is to really experience their city, their region, and not to stay in their bubble and emit ... stupid things.

1 bicycle on the train = 1 user who does not take his car. It's easy to understand : Evil:
0 x
jessle
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by jessle » 17/11/07, 13:54

emlaurent wrote:The real question would be: how many bikes do you put in a 200-ton wagon and how much CO2 is saved compared to traveling by car.

in passenger cars 2 bikes
in the van wagon generally 20 bikes but the capacity is greater.

But the problem is that a lot of people do not work near the station in general and therefore we need a bicycle so he risks taking back their car.

After if I have to leave my house by bike at 5 am to take the train and arrive at 30 am at the arrival station to walk for 6 min, I prefer to take the car because leaving at 30 am I am at 20 am at work result I sleep 6/00 hour more per day.

Two colleagues have already stopped taking the train because it is too restrictive and the delays don't talk about it ............. weird because the trains are much more late since we got the TGV.
0 x
mychka59
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by mychka59 » 02/07/08, 21:10

Hello !

Personally, I am from Alsace (even if I did not live there long) and it is true that the region is really focused on sustainable development (and this for a long time already). That is why I do not understand the argument at all. It's a shame, it could give a bad image of the region which has been quite innovative in some area of ​​SD.

Personally, I took the train every day (when I worked away from home (but I changed my job now)) : Cheesy: and I loaded my foldable electric bike (I'm a fan, moreover, I didn't have a bike ticket to pay, which is not negligible). The downside is that the bike is quite heavy so you still need to have good arms.

I hope that my Alsatian compatriots (the elected officials, I hear) will quickly change their minds and that they will especially stop smoking in their bubble.

However, sustainable development is more important than their politician turnaround.

Have a good evening and drive clean! (at least as much as possible)
0 x
Hasardine
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by Hasardine » 02/08/08, 09:59

my husband takes the bike to the station in the town where we live, and takes his foldable scooter on the train, no problems there, besides at work, no way to put a bike without getting stung ! : Evil:
on the other hand the scooter fits in the umbrella bucket : Mrgreen:
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 02/08/08, 10:19

I lived in Alsace for 23 years and I don't find it particularly "green" (except on paper but sorry, but everyone is!) especially compared to the south of Belgium where I live now ... now it is in France there is more dirty than Alsace.

But Alsace is FAR, far from being a model of sustainable development!

Do you want us to talk about the enormous econological swindle of the repair (twice in 2 years) of Strasbourg station square? To obtain an idyllic building which is, energetically a SHAME (station placed under a "bubble" of large bay windows requiring MONSTERLY costs of air conditioning)!

Again: the leaders say they save energy but don't give a damn !!

To read: https://www.econologie.com/economie-d-en ... -3720.html

Obviously you have to spend the taxes ... but any public money being indirectly convertible into taxpayers' working hours, I let you do the calculation in CO2 and oil equivalent ... : Cheesy:

Then you want to talk aboutstrasbourg and its suburbs real estate scam, forcing Strasbourg workers to go and buy, far very far, from their workplace ...

Apparently doing 100 to 120km per day is "profitable" for many people given the real estate prices in Strasbourg ...
0 x