Wattmetre to control a geothermal installation

Hi-tech electronic and computer equipment and Internet. Better use of electricity, help with the work and specifications, equipment selection. Presentations fixtures and plans. Waves and electromagnetic pollution.
phil242
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Wattmetre to control a geothermal installation

by phil242 » 29/07/08, 10:08

Hello,

It's been kkc years that I get warm geothermal (soil, gas / water), but I never controlled what she really eaten.

I would look for a product that looks like the PM230, but for the purpose of mounting it in a sustainable way in the garage. The idea would be to screw it to the wall next to the electrical box that provides the jut line to the cap.

Do you know if there is this kind of product?

An alternative would be to have a module that mounts on the rails of a circuit breaker board. And so to sting before the start of the table (which is completely the same).

(and the best would be a "computer" transmission, an interrogation via a PC to graffiti the consumption during the day / night)

Thanks for the ideas.

Philippe
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 29/07/08, 10:46

What is the power of your PAC? PM accepts up to 16 amperes.

If that's not enough you can put a ... EdF counter (recovery if possible because nine is not given).

Otherwise you should have an idea of ​​your consumption by analyzing your bills before / after the cap ...
0 x
phil242
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by phil242 » 29/07/08, 11:27

The PAC has a 32A fuse for the compressor starting currents, but draws much less than that. It's approx. 1500W in compressor + circulator operation -> instantaneous measurement made precisely at the EDF circuit breaker.

For the EDF meter, is it possible for recovery? I have a "modern" meter which allows me to display the instantaneous power and to make accumulations; but it seems difficult to find. In addition, some EDF meters have a serial output which can be interrogated by a PC, which is great. I will try to do a search! Thanks for the tip.

For the difference, it's hard to say, considering that it is a building inhabited since early winter 2003 that has been geothermal (and yes at the time of the beginning of the project, in 2000 I was treated crazy :)now it's me laughing). So not possible to have reliable comparisons.

Thank you

Phil
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 29/07/08, 11:34

Ben if it's 1500W in this case you can put a PM without problem.

Even with a "peak" you will have a margin of almost 10 A ...

https://www.econologie.com/shop/economet ... prise.html
Last edited by Christophe the 29 / 07 / 08, 11: 36, 1 edited once.
0 x
the middle
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by the middle » 29/07/08, 11:35

Hello,
I found this material, which seems to me, allows a transmission to the pc, but it's not cheap ... but it allows to put the entire installation of the house on it.
Now, I know that there is a program connected to this kind of material, allows to recognize all the different devices of the house:
Example, the program discovers a new "stable" electricity consumption in the house, then it asks to give a name to this new "electricity eater" :D etc ...
Everything is possible, it is enough to have the means and to have the need, or the desire to do it :D
Here is the address of the gear
http://catalogue.flash.fr/default?ni=12 ... &pr=101629
0 x
phil242
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by phil242 » 29/07/08, 11:57

Ok Christophe, failing I will fall back on it, it looks good, even on the peak of juts.

Lejustemilieu: That's exactly what I was talking about : Mrgreen:Well, it's a little expensive, but I'm going to track this style of stuff.
For the software part I think to do that with the usual opensource tools (CACTI) of monitoring of servers, it is enough just to make the small end of program which recovers the instantaneous value every minute and to grapher it.

Thank you all,

If I start, I'll show you the results.

A+

Phil
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 29/07/08, 12:05

Hold on, that's what I was also thinking ... but in Hager version (halsachien) and flash and hager apprement it is ultimately the same "group" ...

So it must be good products but a little expensive all the same to make a simple measurement.

So instead of phil, either I get an old Edf counter (possible but not easy) or I would test with a PM230 ... if ever the PM does not go it can always be used to measure other things ...
0 x
the middle
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by the middle » 29/07/08, 13:13

well it's a little expensive, but I'll track this style of stuff.

Yes..but me, I just discovered that my "boiler" or electric water heater "eats" me 3kw in one night just for poor insulation (15 years * 3 * 365 =16000kw) : Shock:
For me, I find that having daily information, see direct, on our consumption, can have a positive paranoid influence on our way of life ... :D
0 x
Man is by nature a political animal (Aristotle)
the middle
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by the middle » 29/07/08, 21:42

:!: it's not just me who has these kinds of ideas:
http://www.atelier.fr/inventions/10/080 ... 6336-.html
0 x
the middle
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by the middle » 29/07/08, 21:47

Phil 242, I think I found your happiness
I believe it's in English; beurrrkkk
http://www.diykyoto.com/
0 x